What's new

Can Indian cinema go global?

Yaar - what kind of script was for example "3 idiots"? - On paper looked boring. At the cinema its the only film i ever watched twice! There are some great scripts in bollywood but what you have to look at is the desired audiance. I watch certain films just to be entertained and thats what i get with stuff like "Singh is King! If i wanted to watch a film with a serious script i wouldnt pick that one. I want to smile and entertained and laugh. In a real world there is enough cr*p so i dont want anymore!!!

There are some low budget movies of Vinay Pathak with great stories like Bheja Fry or Dasvidania. Same was with Anupam Kher's comedy movie "Khosla ka Ghosla".Also, Aamir Khan always bring movies with nice script even though they come once every two years.

Bollywood is pretty big in East and North African countries.

I once went to watch a curry movie here in Sydney , full of Sudanese, Somalians and Afghans. Hardly any Indians:lol:

Yaar - what kind of script was for example "3 idiots"? - On paper looked boring. At the cinema its the only film i ever watched twice! There are some great scripts in bollywood but what you have to look at is the desired audiance. I watch certain films just to be entertained and thats what i get with stuff like "Singh is King! If i wanted to watch a film with a serious script i wouldnt pick that one. I want to smile and entertained and laugh. In a real world there is enough cr*p so i dont want anymore!!!

Dost here you are looking through the glass of south asian. yes we see cinema to escape from our daily problems like lack of money, biwi se zagada, tensions in office and yes politics. But if you want to be global you need to create stories on celluloid which has universal appeal. I strongly recommend you the Iranian movie Childrens of Heavens and you will be thankful to me for your whole life.

Bollywood is pretty big in East and North African countries.

I once went to watch a curry movie here in Sydney , full of Sudanese, Somalians and Afghans. Hardly any Indians:lol:

I would like to make a bold statement. India movies are not only limited for Indian, Pakistanis, & Bangladeshis. These movies are from every man who is fighting vast of daily problems, problems and problems. Here lies the reasons of presence of Somalians and Afghans present for Hindi movie cinema. Hindi movie gives them gate away escape from daily problems to them.

@Gotter i knew you would say 'CHINESE' movies (we know what you trying to say).... Some people here love to hide behind other nation FLAG.... Don't be ashamed to use your own country flag....

@Gotter i knew you would say 'CHINESE' movies (we know what you trying to say).... Some people here love to hide behind other nation FLAG.... Don't be ashamed to use your own country flag....

The guy has "CHINESE" written all over him....Which is why I never bothered to comment...lol

bollywood needs to show more maturity in terms of story writing and bringing innovation in it while sticking to core basics of love, emotion............but bollywood is becoming more and more westernize.....................hope one day bollywood becomes global on par with hollywood......:cheers:

Indian movies already gone global. Many people from all over the world watches Indian movies.

Götterdämmerung;2317036 said:
How many Indian movies have acclaimed internation awards like the Golden Palm in Canne, the Golden Lion in Venice, the Golden Bear in Berlin or an Oscar in Hollywood?

Why so frustrated about India? Shame! :lol:

International acclaim for Indian movies is highly subjective. the movies which the Indian public will like are most likely to not be appreciated by people from other countries. as long as the movies entertain us we are fine international acclaim is not something which any Indian director is thinking of exclusively. there are movies for everyone from regional cinema, mainstream cinema to Hollywood. at the end of the day why worry about awards and critical acclaim yaar ? achi film banaoge to naam bhi kamaoge :)

Indian movies are mostly far away from reality.The directors mostly focus on making money with the cast & glamour without giving much attention to content.
I will like to watch Iranian movies rather Indian or Pakistani dramas.

all kinds of movies are made.It depends upon the person what to watch and what not.In places, at times,it depends upon the public demand.Say,if the demand for melodrama is more in Pakistan,then,such Indian movies are telecast-ed more there.

I don't have to hide anything. You are just jealous that a German guy loves China and nobody really loves India. :cheers:

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

The guy has "CHINESE" written all over him....Which is why I never bothered to comment...lol

Because you have no argument to counter me. :P

Indian movies already gone global. Many people from all over the world watches Indian movies.

Why so frustrated about India? Shame! :lol:

Why should I be frustrated. German movies are well received in the world, particularly in the art house movie scene.

You Indian are just frustrated that you never won any prestigious prices in any of those important film festivals. Instead you guys are living in delusion and escapism. Just like your movies. :)

Götterdämmerung;2317845 said:
Why should I be frustrated. German movies are well received in the world, particularly in the art house movie scene.

You Indian are just frustrated that you never won any prestigious prices in any of those important film festivals. Instead you guys are living in delusion and escapism. Just like your movies. :)
Germans can't tell an intriguing stories like the Jews and the Anglo-Saxons can. However, if you are into detective type of movies or horror movies, the Germans/Japanese movies/literature are the best you can find in this world. You know what I am saying?

Götterdämmerung;2317845 said:

Ha Ha better do some research before talking bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom