What's new

Can Pakistan Armed Forced Become Leaner, Meaner & Younger by Copying India's AGNIPATH RECRUITMRNT PROGRAM?

No. Pakistan Army is fine and has a thorough vetting process for recruits to render an optimal fighting force.

The only thing that is necessary is a certain mechanism for checks and balances in place to ensure that COAS does not overstep his boundaries.

In addition to above mentioned check and balance, why restrict it to COAS only? AFAIK currently 64 retried generals reside in USA. Why not restrict all generals to retire overseas. Just imagine how much lethal intelligence they carry, how much influence they've already gathered inside our ranks.

Nice excuse. If u couldnt beat india when u were more like them then how ull beat india now? Its also about the will, these beghairat generals have no guts, they r sold out traitors. They would rather build mansions than fight a war. Last 2 decades army fought chapal wearing taliban with AK47 only, those too were mostly their own proxies, with a peer wnwmy we know well how their legs shake.
yr not in the armed forces or from an army background are u?

Generals r weak yes. But the army and Armed forces are not mere high command men. Remember this army has produced men like Gen Tariq Khan, Raheel Sharif and AM Sohail Aman, AVM Shahid Latif, AM Haseeb Paracha too. And these men were Tigers!

Generals r weak yes. But the army and Armed forces are not mere high command men. Remember this army has produced men like Gen Tariq Khan, Raheel Sharif and AM Sohail Aman, AVM Shahid Latif, AM Haseeb Paracha too. And these men were Tigers!
Shahid Latif? Who made millions from the JF-17 program? The same man who claimed that JF-17s shot down the MIG-21 and Su-30MKI? People who are in the know they know.

So im not from armed forces and that's y i cant understand their propaganda? Tigers yup, all zoo and circus tigers, none able to defeat the real enemy india. Instead chief cricus tiger is begging india for peace. India was defeated only once in 48 and guess what, it was not the army that defeated them.

brah! Pakistani Forces r pretty experienced as compared to the indian, the 2 decades of practical soldiering has made them leaner and meaner. These kind of things make more sense for countries like india which havnt seen hard warfare, the real brutal, cruel exp. of battle after battle consistently for 2 decades like Pak armed forces.

Pakistani forces arnt the barracks forces anymore but same cant be said abt indian armed forces who have spend most of their time in barracks since 1971. And hence have became corrupt and lazy. Standards of merit and merit based promotions have gone severely down as well. @faani83

There are two aspects of it,
what you are referring to pertains to practical on ground experience.
You assertion holds true.

when we look at operations within the organization of Army, then they are as fat filled as possible.
The present brass doesn't have the needed skill, nor the vision to become any thing lean, let alone mean.

Shahid Latif? Who made millions from the JF-17 program? The same man who claimed that JF-17s shot down the MIG-21 and Su-30MKI? People who are in the know they know.
who told u he made millions from jf17? i know him personally......infect yr the first man ever who has made such a claim.........infect he was kicked out from airforce because he refused Zardari to give him his personal shares in that project. Had he agreed, he would have been made Chief of Air Staff and then would have made millions.

But today he is suffering from throat decease, living a very financially tight life. Had he not had his medical privileges through Armed Forces he wouldnt have been able to afford the expenses of his treatment.

Yr not even a citizen of Pakistan and talking abt something u have no idea of. Su30 and Mig21 were F16 kills. We all knew abt them since begging. He was later given briefing by AHQ abt that operation in which they conformed him that they were infect f16 kills.

There are two aspects of it,
what you are referring to pertains to practical on ground experience.
You assertion holds true.

when we look at operations within the organization of Army, then they are as fat filled as possible.
The present brass doesn't have the needed skill, nor the vision to become any thing lean, let alone mean.
thats something else.........This army isnt all abt Bajwa, this army has produced men like Gen Tariq Khan, Raheel Sharif too.

Those men were tigers.

So im not from armed forces and that's y i cant understand their propaganda? Tigers yup, all zoo and circus tigers, none able to defeat the real enemy india. Instead chief cricus tiger is begging india for peace. India was defeated only once in 48 and guess what, it was not the army that defeated them.
o bewakuf! im talking abt something else....abt the battle exp. Dont put the wrong doings of Bajwa at armed forces. That man was even made a General without even firing a single bullet in anger....And has never commanded an operation himself. But this institution has produced Tigers like Gen Tariq Khan and Gen Raheel Sharif too.

Lets not forget them either.

Having seen the unmerited negative rating in the thread, I'm compelled to say that...
The Pak army is the most pious, god-fearing, and unimpeachable army in the world such that no criticism can be made against them.

You remember 2010 Datta khel ambush of convoy. A Colonel leading . More than 50 Soldiers killed including the Colonel Sahab. A cobra helicopter saved the rest of the soldiers in the convoy from ambush. The video of surviving soldier, beside him injured and dead soldiers, pointing to cobra and saying It saved rest of the soldiers, was published on express Tribune website and it is on youtube somewhere

The newspaper, Wajahat S Khan, mentioned There was a strong intelligence convoy will be ambushed. Colonel strongly suggested not to move the large convoy that day. A Major General over-ruled the Colonel and ordered him to go to Point B with pre-defined route. Major General refused to entertain the intelligence reports of impending ambush

Anyways, The expected happen. The 1st decade of WoT. It is littered with extremely bad decisions from Uptop costing lives of dozen of soldiers in every damn single ambush. Youtube is littered with aftermath videos of ambush.

Then came the Ambush of our Soldiers in Tirah valley. 50 Soldiers were killed in 2015 in single ambsuh in Khyber-2 . Entire SSG company (13-15 soldiers) perished along with 50 Soldiers in 2013 in Khyber-1 . C.O was about to DFOL on its own troops. A general son Captain SAAD barely survived along with 2-3 more soldiers where the 50 other soldiers of his company died.

We know what is happening in Balochistan right? Its not 5 year or 10 years ago. It's been happening in last 2-3 years. If this is what you not call sacrificing soldiers on the whims and flimsy orders of generals then what it is?
Sir, firstly I am glad that I have to reply to a sensible person so thank you very much for giving me a chance to back up my post with useful information instead of engaging with one-liners. It doesn't take long to wait for someone to bring me on verge of writing what I really want to post. As a TT, I expected you to look at both sides of the picture, not just a single pathway to prove your point. While I know what is happening currently regarding Army/COAS, I am also aware of the blunders made from 47 up til now in all wars. The reality of wars always has two sides, not one. I would be the last one showing you a different side, but if you had portrayed both sides by yourself, I wouldn't have been here typing a response.

Generals are not "trained" to sacrifice soldiers. Lets clear up this concept first. The training is imparted to successfully carry out missions and complete the given task. This is practically conducted in exercises while its studied in courses under NDU or staff/war courses.

In Pakistan Army, there is another concept called "volunteering". Whenever the commanding officer is given a task to under take, he asks for volunteers from officers as well soldiers, why ? He knows that the task will send his troops closer to death. He is not blind to the fact that the troops he can order to send out might not make it back, so he asks for volunteers and troops do step up to the task. Its not brushing off guilt leading to a clearer conscience. The guilt will forever remain with him as such since he is following orders as Army has trained him to do but Army has "not trained" him to sacrifice his soldiers. Once the plan is laid out and the order trickles down from MO to Corps Commander to his outfit, he will conduct a meeting in Ops room and ask all his Brigade commander for the best Ops plan. The Brig can then request supporting arms for attachment while laying down own disposition. This Ops is however restrained by many factors - time, resources available including troops, weapons, fuel, equipment etc. Its not a private company CEO's meeting where action can be postponed as certain someone is on leave and the when the push comes to shove, next in line starts getting panic attacks and comes up with excuses.

1. Major General Zahid (63 FF), GOC of an Infantry Division, leading his brigades with an artificial leg, losing his leg in Bajaur before becoming GOC. He could have gained retirement by living in DHA or could have used up a position in GHQ for the rest of his career, after all according to members here, he was "trained" to sacrifice his soldiers, so why should a GOC sacrifice himself by standing in frontlines again ?

2. Gen Javed Sultan Shaheed didn‘t have to fly in bad weather and visit a company position soon after the ceasefire in Operation Tri Star. He was not "trained" to sacrifice his troops in frontlines while sitting back in his HQ sipping tea and eating samosas. His task was reaching a conclusion, life in DHA was ahead of him, the "paradise" they call DHA.

3. Brigadier Hussain Abbas Shaheed decided to lead a platoon deep inside Tirah Valley to rescue the crew of a Cobra helicopter as the challenge was too big to be left to a subaltern. A Brigadier is considered a one-Star General.

Sir, I can go back to many other examples (previous wars too) and I can even reply what happened and why it happened in 2010 Datta Khel ambush, but then I would be on the explanation end of things where as I am already considered a spokesperson of the Army which I am not, I have just seen, experienced and learnt things closely in uniform and out of uniform which mostly haven't. I have been inside GHQ more than the number of times people have gone for vacations there entire lives.

I have replied about Baluchistan in numerous threads, that I even lost count. If you can read up my posts on that topic, well and good, if you don't want to, I cant force you. I have seen a few times that a news is made as a topic and members start crapping, then PK comes along after many pages and tells what happened and why it happened, things start to slow down a bit in that thread. But then the whole cycle begins again with the posting of a new news, a new topic. I actually felt relieved that after years of banging my head against the walls, I got a breather through him explaining things and answering Qs which I had already answered before him.

There is a "Pakistan Affairs" section on PDF, where the disgruntled and biased lot of PDF can go and vomit as much as they can against Army, but does it make sense to you even, that they enter any thread related to Army (training, weapons, acquisition etc) and start off with off-topic verbal diarrhea ? If it makes sense to you or the Mods, then I can only salute you people.

If something is said wrongly and a person doesn't know about it but keeps insisting through repeatedly posting same thing over and over again - it doesn't make his statement right. Just like two wrongs can't make something right, similarly, continuous regurgitating against Army in every thread doesn't mean it holds substance.

Honorary Bratva:
With due respect, I do not engage title holders out of respect of the title as well as decorum of the forum, if my words felt insulting or condescending to you, I apologize in advance. I will not be replying to you any further on this matter as it might lead to a point where I don't wish to go. Its a pleasure to discuss different matters with you in other threads without any confrontation. If you think my points made in this post are not up to the mark or unsatisfying, I further apologize that this is the best I can do when engaging with a title holder.

This type of program might not be a bad idea in Pakistan, but I'd take out any promise of 'keeping' soldiers or officers after X years.

The point is to make the Pakistani military less of a distinct culture and, instead, more doing a service for the country. You join on terms of a 4-6-year contract because it's about Pak, not the perks or prestige.

However, going on such a tour should mean something valuable. So, yeah, you get paid in the 4-6 year period, but commendation for being a service member, credit towards a ROTC-type program, subsidized degree or skills diploma in key fields, etc.

Maybe it's just me. Personally, I'd love to go through such a program after completing my bachelors degree. Train me and send me to the front. I don't care about the stuff after, but all I want is valuable recognition that I served. For me, a subsidized masters would be enough and I'd be on my way to another thing (not military related). @SQ8

Pakistan could raise a new paramilitary force from the ground up and use a similar scheme like this to mass recruit youth from Balochistan and Ex FATA.
The senior rank soldiers can come from army in the beginning to help the new paramilitary force.
If a big chunk of even majority of youth if Balochistan and Ex FATA have experience in armed forces, terrorism will significantly drop.
Even in Balochistan, if the soldiers fighting terrorism are Baloch them selves, terrorists will think twice before attacking them and public will have bad opinions of terrorists because they will see their own people are dying as a result of terrorism.

This type of program might not be a bad idea in Pakistan, but I'd take out any promise of 'keeping' soldiers or officers after X years.

The point is to make the Pakistani military less of a distinct culture and, instead, more doing a service for the country. You join on terms of a 4-6-year contract because it's about Pak, not the perks or prestige.

However, going on such a tour should mean something valuable. So, yeah, you get paid in the 4-6 year period, but commendation for being a service member, credit towards a ROTC-type program, subsidized degree or skills diploma in key fields, etc.

Maybe it's just me. Personally, I'd love to go through such a program after completing my bachelors degree. Train me and send me to the front. I don't care about the stuff after, but all I want is valuable recognition that I served. For me, a subsidized masters would be enough and I'd be on my way to another thing (not military related). @SQ8

Honestly I was under the impression you’d be working and with a masters with how articulate and professional you are and knowledgable on things. :)

I think it would work if there is an overall reduction of the military commissioned size.
Basically, getting it down to a point where its perhaps half its current strength and then following the US model.

At the end, the “quasi-expendable” jawan (and I mean it without an iota of reducing their value) should be a 5 year repeat contract stint that rewards people with incentives so that even the middle class feels tempted to join in.

Officers on the other hand, go through much higher standards (think PAF level sifting) and the result is a better product.

The incentives there however can continue to be what they are but with limits.

Pakistan needs to hang the traitors within the Army first, then confiscate their land (dha) and
soldiers need to do their job which is to fight on borders and not change governments.

Exactly, lets do this first and I promise ill military will become competent overnight.

Back
Top Bottom