What's new

Can the United States take Hussain Haqqani seriously?

Only an equally traitorous party like the peoples party can give legitimacy to a man like Haqqani and make a traitor an ambassador to a country where national interest needed to be promoted and tough talking needed to be done. I a pretty liberal and have no problem with critics as critics have a role in making things better through their criticism and have their own role in society.

But in government we can't have people like Asma Jahangir and Hussain Haqqani which the PPP had because in politics we need sure-footedness and belief in our selves. If a random isolated civilian individual does not have trust in the country it is okay. If politicians don't then they have no right to be in the positions they are.

One of my muhajir relatives/friends in Canada worked in civil institutions but hated Pakistan andwas pro muhajir successionist, a mirror image to the MQM and its anti national policies. When we have such people ruling who do not have Pakistani interests in mind then how can we expect them to better their nation?

I know the sentiment that Pakistanis by and large feel for their military. However, it is no different than a drug addict's love for his narcotic. He does not realize that what he so depends on is the very source of his problems. What's the point of relying on the same institution that has created the current security situation in the first place?

Give the civilian government a chance. If the civilian government is:

A. Sufficiently empowered to deal with foreign affairs including relations with India.
B. Gets a feedback that peace with India will not lose them elections.

Then nothing can stop peace in South Asia. Why must we rely on the institutions who have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo?

Ranting and railing against the character of the authors may feel good to some, but ultimately it is useless. What is far more important is to counter the substance of their argument to influence US policy in favor of Pakistan. What is being done to do that? Thus far, if the OP mindset is anything typical, the Pakistani response can only be laughed at since it is patently juvenile.

Unfortunately, beheading the messenger never really went out of vogue.

Unfortunately, beheading the messenger never really went out of vogue.

Such beheadings were usually followed by a swift invasion, if history is anything to go by. It therefore does not work.

Pakistan's efforts should be directed towards positive engagement with USA to make the case that it's alternatives are better than those being offered by India. That is how the game is best played.

Asma Jahangir

Why do you have a problem with her? She is one of the most respected activist in South Asia. We used to read her work in University and not one of those articles ever mentioned anything about the Pakistani government or Army. She has a vast body of scholarly work behind her which is not related to her political views at all. You and I may disagree about her agenda, but we should all be proud that South Asia has produced such a prominent personality as her.

Such beheadings were usually followed by a swift invasion, if history is anything to go by. It therefore does not work.

Pakistan's efforts should be directed towards positive engagement with USA to make the case that it's alternatives are better than those being offered by India. That is how the game is best played.

I think once the initial state of flux has settled down, things will be back to normal as far as American foreign policy is concerned. Trump will soon realize that being President involves more than tweeting and will have to start listening to the intelligence and security establishment.

I don't think that India and Pakistan are placed any different today than they were before the new administration. But I guess closer Indo-US ties do seem to be taking an inevitable, glacial nature, and the reason being China.

If the era of USA as top dog is over, and China is firmly supporting Pakistan, what worth does one report by a think tank really have? Not much. Therefore, why worry? Reality will have to be accepted by all sides, not just USA.

Exposing two face liars doesn't equate Pakistan being worrisome, but then again the USA has been warmongering and waging war from one country to another for many decades now, one can never be too careful.

But I guess closer Indo-US ties do seem to be taking an inevitable, glacial nature, and the reason being China.

and as strong as the Indo-US ties become so will the Pakistan-Russian relations, circle of life.

Then nothing can stop peace in South Asia. Why must we rely on the institutions who have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo?

Please take your bollywood media propaganda crap to your own vested filth forums, there is no status qou but our people, nation and military will continue to fight until the day your tyranny and oppression is finally broken against our people and you will pay for every drop of blood that you have spilled ten folds and Pakistan army isn't going anywhere because get this through your thick head baniya we are the Pakistan's army.

One thing I do not like about PDF is that we have to tolerate these Indians who come here like rats on a ship.

and as strong as the Indo-US ties become so will the Pakistan-Russian relations, circle of life.

Yes a bit of that is inevitable. But maybe not as much as some would hope. And again, the reason for some recent Russian actions is not Pakistan-centric, but rather based on their cozy equation with the Chinese. There will be obvious fringe benefits for Pakistan, but I think the day when Russia will do a China in the Security Council is still far off.

your thick head baniya we are the Pakistan's army.
Aah...The vested interest speaks! So how is Fauji Dairy doing these days? I heard they are planning to become the biggest dairy producer in Pakistan?:partay:

Hussain Haqqani has more credibility than any jingoistic bloggers on PDF who have no credentials whatsoever. Nobody in the sane world will ever accept the rhetoric of these bloggers and Urdu-medium stupid anchors and columnists of Pakistan over Hussain Haqqani's words.

This is the unpalatable truth. We are only shooting ourselves in the foot by allowing numbskull jokers like Zaid Hamid and Orya Maqbool Jan to confront Hussain Haqqani. :rofl::rofl:

If you want to confront Haqqani, then get a man whose credentials are at least half as good as his. Nobody is going to listen to some random PDF bloggers ranting against him.

Is there a single person in the Foreign Ministry who can put up a challenge to Haqqani? Now don't ever suggest some military officer (ISPR etc.) because that be even more laughable.

Aah...The vested interest speaks! So how is Fauji Dairy doing these days? I heard they are planning to become the biggest dairy producer in Pakistan?:partay:

Nah they are busy blowing all the rape addict Indian army with genocidal tendencies to the ground.

Nah they are busy blowing all the rape addict Indian army with genocidal tendencies to the ground.

C'mon. We both know the score on that one. Not that I like wars as such but really, fighting locals in KPK/FATA is not ideal preparation.

Hussain Haqqani has more credibility than any jingoistic bloggers on PDF who have no credentials whatsoever. Nobody in the sane world will ever accept the rhetoric of these bloggers and Urdu-medium stupid anchors and columnists of Pakistan over Hussain Haqqani's words.

This is the unpalatable truth. We are only shooting ourselves in the foot by allowing numbskull jokers like Zaid Hamid and Orya Maqbool Jan to confront Hussain Haqqani. :rofl::rofl:

If you want to confront Haqqani, then get a man whose credentials are at least half as good as his. Nobody is going to listen to some random PDF bloggers ranting against him.

Is there a single person in the Foreign Ministry who can put up a challenge to Haqqani? Now don't ever suggest some military officer (ISPR etc.) because that be even more laughable.
Interesting but poorly assessed. There are more credible people on PDF than Imran Khan.

Yes I know but I wanted to make a point about the credibility of PDF posters. So used his figure.
Well if Imran Khan is the benchmark, then even earthworms are credible let alone PDF bloggers. :D

If you can understand I am more credible than Haqqani and I am well below in food chain on PDF.
Sorry bro. The international community does not listen to anyone unless one has some credentials.

Now sending buffoons like Dr. Saazish Masood and Arif Hameed Bhatti against Haqqani will never work. This DESI-STYLE RANTING is only popular in our country full of "Shukriya Raheel Shareef" bots and "We Know Better" crew.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom