What's new

Can the United States take Hussain Haqqani seriously?

Haqqani is a nobody with zero influence. Why should America think of him twice? 'Think Tanks' in the West are packed to the rafters with people like him from all over the World. The Americans wheel them out now and again for their own interests and wheel them back in when they dont need them anymore. Only Indians are reactionary Pakistanis take him seriously. By the way, he is one of Zardari's best friends. They both share the same fleas.

Did you read my post or you are here to make foolish statement even though the facts sleazily show opposite to your spins. So as per patriotic Pakiatani, go away with your spins.

you haven't countered a single point of the many facts I have pointed out. yet you keep making charges against HH - which basically implies you are calling your military and civilian leaders who all appointed him repeatedly to senior positions, traitors. How much more can I simplify it?

you haven't countered a single point of the many facts I have pointed out. yet you keep making charges against HH - which basically implies you are calling your military and civilian leaders who all appointed him repeatedly to senior positions, traitors. How much more can I simplify it?
Are you sure you know what calendar means, let me say it again. When the appointed him that was years ago and how could they they guess that he will,become turncoat, but than came 2014 and chose to become a turncoat long after he was appointed.

When appointed he took the oath of patriotism and of being a Muslim as that is what is required of the people appointed in these positions.

I am not going to answer you anymore, you are just either unable to understand the times on years or are just making spins. Either you talk sense or it is over with your spins.

after reading a couple of his anti pak articles i wonder how on earth he was appointed as Pakistani ambassador to US?

This dog is a filthy traitor!!!
Oh? Have you read his latest book, Reimagining Pakistan? Excerpt:

husain-haqqani_650x400_51462872173.jpg

"Millions of Pakistanis share the patriotic sentiment ‘My country, right or wrong’ without knowing the full quote by American statesman Carl Schurz, which goes: ‘My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.’"

"...Seventy years after its birth, Pakistan is a volatile semi-authoritarian,
semi-authoritarian, national security state, which has failed to run itself consistently under constitutional order or rule of law. Examining the causes of Pakistan’s persistent dysfunction, including an inquiry into its foundational idea, is more important than building a ‘positive image’ through half-truths..."

Obviously, if you are sticking to the corrupted Shurz quote, you're going to consider ANY Pakistani seeking to "set right" his country a traitor.

"Millions of Pakistanis share the patriotic sentiment ‘My country, right or wrong’ without knowing the full quote by American statesman Carl Schurz, which goes: ‘My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.’"

semi-authoritarian, national security state, which has failed to run itself consistently under constitutional order or rule of law. Examining the causes of Pakistan’s persistent dysfunction, including an inquiry into its foundational idea, is more important than building a ‘positive image’ through half-truths..."

Obviously, if you are sticking to the corrupted Shurz quote, you're going to consider ANY Pakistani seeking to "set right" his country a traitor.
Setting right his country by running away from courts and his nation. The ISIS also attack to set nations to the right path according to them.
HH is just not violent. But a person who is humiliated in his country and runs from judicial proceedings continue to have followers &make money by helping their delusions to survive.

Setting right his country by running away from courts and his nation. The ISIS also attack to set nations to the right path according to them.
HH is just not violent. But a person who is humiliated in his country and runs from judicial proceedings continue to have followers &make money by helping their delusions to survive.
His audience are those that internally reflect their hate for Pakistan. Just as ISIS brings in members who already have a barbaric mentality, Haqqani brings those instiilled with a deep hatred for Pakistan.

It will take a while and considerable effort to undo the damage this traitor has done to Pakistan. He has played a key role in turning Americans against us which is most unfortunate.

I will not say that his books are worthless - they likely contain nuggets of truth. However, we should try to bring this guy to task here in the courts.

It will take a while and considerable effort to undo the damage this traitor has done to Pakistan...I will not say that his books are worthless - they likely contain nuggets of truth. However, we should try to bring this guy to task here in the courts.

"No one who is a friend of Pakistan must say anything that harms its reputation; anyone who dares to ask tough questions or make adverse remarks must be prepared to be categorized as Pakistan’s enemy."

Haqqani, Husain. Reimagining Pakistan: Transforming a Dysfunctional Nuclear State (Kindle Locations 395-396). HarperCollins Publishers India. Kindle Edition.

He has played a key role in turning Americans against us which is most unfortunate.

This is a gross exaggeration. US turn against Pakistan began long before Husain Haqqani arrived on the scene. The core problem in Pak-US relations is the divergence of interests in the region. Haqqani has been -- and will continue to be -- a scapegoat which Pakistan will continue to flog to compensate for its failures.

Now with a changing of the guard, his relevance will diminish further. I'm sure we shall see another book a year or so from now titled 'Pakistan under Imran, the time bomb is ticking'.

Now with a changing of the guard, his relevance will diminish further. I'm sure we shall see another book a year or so from now titled 'Pakistan under Imran, the time bomb is ticking'.

...Imran Khan has, in recent years, played to populist sentiment against the United States just as Zulfikar Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif had done before him. ‘Pakistan must detach itself from American influence and pull out of the “war on terror” in order to create prosperity and achieve regional peace,’ he said soon after the elder Sharif’s disqualification in 2017. ‘Sadly, our ruling elite took dollars from the Americans and went into this war,’ Khan told a British newspaper, adding emotional comments like ‘Aid cripples the country’; ‘It enslaves the country’; ‘You are dictated decisions from abroad’; and ‘It has created such hatred in our society. It has created turmoil.’ But Khan offered no alternative plan for arming Pakistan’s military or paying for its foreign debts and imports, the actual reasons for Pakistan’s aid and debt craving.

Haqqani, Husain. Reimagining Pakistan: Transforming a Dysfunctional Nuclear State (Kindle Locations 4330-4337). HarperCollins Publishers India. Kindle Edition.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has said better relations with India will benefit both nations, also admitting the new government in his “bankrupt” country will have to resolve “the worst economic crisis”.

“If you have a good relationship with India, it opens up trade, and trade with a huge market. Both countries would benefit,” said the cricketer-turned-politician in an interview telecast on WION on Sunday.

Hypocrite as you are. This is coming from a man running from law and courts. A bit shameless dont you think, even for you.

...This is coming from a man running from law and courts. A bit shameless dont you think -

...The cycles of discrediting leaders as ‘traitors’ or ‘enemy agents’ and occasionally allowing them to return to high office reveal a lot about Pakistan’s political culture. Leaders of all ethnic-based political parties, representing Pashtuns, Baloch, Sindhi and Urdu-speaking Muhajir ethnicities, have been alternately declared enemies of the state and included in government at one time or another. The purpose of the exercise seems to be to create a permanent environment of fear and national insecurity, with the people constantly looking for saviours who would defend the country against external and internal foes.

The person or political party accused of sedition can return to the fold of patriotism by cutting a deal with the Pakistani establishment and ceding their independence. Neither the allegations of treason nor their sudden forgiveness are ever fully explained to the people. In some cases, direct intervention by the Supreme Court provides a fig leaf of legitimacy in the absence of a trial. Unlike other countries, where the apex court is only the court of final appeal in criminal matters, Pakistan’s Supreme Court acts politically to directly make pronouncements in response to media articles or petitions by political rivals. One need not be convicted of disloyalty to the state after due process of law when innuendo, fabricated media reports and public comments by Supreme Court judges can suffice to tarnish reputations and cut public support.

Haqqani, Husain. Reimagining Pakistan: Transforming a Dysfunctional Nuclear State (Kindle Locations 3036-3046). HarperCollins Publishers India. Kindle Edition.​

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom