What's new

Canada: All infomation on Nijjar's killing that I have is in 'public realm', says BC Premier

NG Missile Vessels

Reaction score
Country
India
The Premier of Canada's British Columbia province, David Eby, on Friday said that information related to Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar's killing was 'open source information' available to the public through a simple internet search, while implying that the Justin Trudeau government is withholding information on the matter amid tensions with India.
Addressing a press conference, Eby said that everything he knows about Nijjar's killing was "in the public realm". "The only briefings that I have been able to receive from CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service)... are 'open source briefings' which is information that is avaiable to the public doing an internet search, which I find frustrating," he said.

The British Columbia Premier further said that he was contacted by Canadian PM Trudeau, after which the latter briefed him about the bombshell allegations he was going to make in the Parliament. He was also briefed by the CSIS Director on the matter.

"I expressed my frustration in my meeting with the CSIS director about our inability to get more concrete information about this thing and I have articulated that to the federal government. I understand there may need to be reform around the act that governs CSIS in order for them to be able to share this information," he further said.

Eby further said that the federal government needs to trust the provincial government on the issue and share adequate information on Nijjar's death that can help protect residents. "If that's what's required, let's make it happen, because the only way that we're going to make traction on this is by the federal government trusting the provincial government with information and being able to act on it in our local communities," he added.

Eby's remarks come after Trudeau on Monday made explosive allegations linking the role of "agents" of the Indian government to the killing of the Khalistani terrorist on June 18. India had rejected the allegations by Trudeau calling them “absurd" and "motivated" and expelled a senior Canadian diplomat in a tit-for-tat move to expulsion of an Indian official in Canada.

Indians come on this forum telling us that India is going after "terrorists" in Israeli style. Yes, India kills Khalistani members and it actually celebrates such events.

The same Indians are telling us that India wasn't involved in the killing of Khalistani members.

Contradiction and more contradiction.

Indians come on this forum telling us that India is going after "terrorists" in Israeli style. Yes, India kills Khalistani members and it actually celebrates such events.

The same Indians are telling us that India wasn't involved in the killing of Khalistani members.

What is the contradiction. Yes India should go after terrorist Israeli style ( it does not have capability yet) . This instance of nijaar killing was not done by India. Is that a contradiction.

Have you ever seen Israeli Govt acknowledging its such acts ? :) .

Unofficially we killed him, officially we don't know who killed him, but it sure wasn't us.

How hard is this for you to understand

Back
Top Bottom