What's new

Canada sports minister terms CWG media reports "exaggerated"

STD

BANNED
Reaction score
New Delhi, Sep 26 (IANS) Canadian Sports Minister Gary Lunn telephoned his Indian counterpart M.S. Gill Sunday, saying he was not perturbed by the negative reports in the international media and a full contingent would be sent for the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games.

'We are not worried by international media report on CWG Delhi which are often exaggerated. Difficulties do come at such large events. We had them in the Vancouver Winter Games. We are confident that you will overcome them. We are coming with full force and looking forward to meeting you in Delhi,' Lunn told Gill in a late night telephonic conversation.

In response, Gill told him that Indian authorities are working very hard to overcome the shortcomings

Afterall its the Indian ORANGE MEDIA!!,how can you people just go by them?:lol:

BTW,i live in Delhi myself,i m not sure about the venues or Games Village,as i am not interested in them,but the City is pretty much clean and hygenic and there is no problem at all!

'

New Delhi, Sep 26 (IANS) Canadian Sports Minister Gary Lunn telephoned his Indian counterpart M.S. Gill Sunday, saying he was not perturbed by the negative reports in the international media and a full contingent would be sent for the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games.

'We are not worried by international media report on CWG Delhi which are often exaggerated. Difficulties do come at such large events. We had them in the Vancouver Winter Games. We are confident that you will overcome them. We are coming with full force and looking forward to meeting you in Delhi,' Lunn told Gill in a late night telephonic conversation.

In response, Gill told him that Indian authorities are working very hard to overcome the shortcomings

Afterall its the Indian ORANGE MEDIA!!,how can you people just go by them?:lol:

BTW,i live in Delhi myself,i m not sure about the venues or Games Village,as i am not interested in them,but the City is pretty much clean and hygenic and there is no problem at all!

'
:woot:seems like anand sharma threatening statement have worked:lol::p:rofl::rofl:.
"laato ke bhoot bato se nahi mante hai.":p:rofl:

what about sanke found in CWG village sir

The snake has been jailed and an inquiry commission has been set up to look into the matter.

In primary investigation the snake has revealed that it did not want to harm any athlete and only wanted to share some livable space in the games village.

In any case, the snake was not a venomous one and GoI is going to consider the matter based on humanitarian...err...i mean snakenitarian compassion.

Last edited:
what about sanke found in CWG village sir

Oh Bhraaji!
Sir Sir bolkey overreact nah karo!

Delhi witnessed non stop,incessesant rain in the past few months,Yamuna river overflowed,in addidtion to the water released by Haryana into it!

So the snake coming in the Games village can't be prevented,it is not an issue of mismanagment.

We have better infra and drainage system than you,thats why we didn't have massive floods,even after very heavy rains.
:)

I am not in knowledge of the Venues and Games' village's condition,but the City is pretty clean and hygenic with very little or no mess around,but there are 1-2 road cave ins per month!
:lol:

The snake has been jailed and an inquiry commission has been set up to look into the matter.

In primary investigation the snake has revealed that it did not want to harm any athlete and only wanted to share some livable space in the games village.

In any case, the snake was not a venomous one and GoI is going to consider the matter based on humanitarian...err...i mean snakenitarian compassion.

Also the ISI links of that snake are being explored. Preliminary reports suggest that the snake hails from the Punjab province of Pakistan and the rumors are that its family is currently under the custody of Pakistani military. No reporters are being allowed to meet with them..

:rofl:

Also the ISI links of that snake are being explored. Preliminary reports suggest that the snake hails from the Punjab province of Pakistan and the rumors are that its family is currently under the custody of Pakistani military. No reporters are being allowed to meet with them..

:rofl:

:woot::woot::woot:

U stole my words!!

Perhaps the canadians are somewhat like 'Tubelight', it took them sooooooooooo long:lol:

Back
Top Bottom