What's new

Canadian teacher tells Muslim kids who skip LGBTQ Pride events, "You aren't Canadian" and "You don't belong here".

I agree with what you said about Islam except the intermixing between ethnicities and people of colour. Islamic history speaks against that and I would go as far as saying Islamic states of the older times practiced effetive apartheid. The situation has greatly improved in the modern times by virtue of western pressure and not by virtue of Islam.
When you say Islamic history, are you viewing the examples set by the Prophet PBUH or those set by people just as ignorant as we are today?

Hi

English Muslim here.

Your comment works for those with a lower mental capacity however Muslims are intertwined in the fabric of their society now, whether they like it or not - the opinion of the Muslim counts, especially those born there.

Their opinion would be in line with traditional Jews and Christians, so are they not welcome either?

This retort by the teacher is therefore islamophobic, unless anyone can highlight a identifiable difference to me.

You can't ask for tolerance if you can't give it. That is the entire premise.

I hate gays but I am a Muslim minority and I need to be respected :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I agree with what you said about Islam except the intermixing between ethnicities and people of colour. Islamic history speaks against that and I would go as far as saying Islamic states of the older times practiced effetive apartheid. The situation has greatly improved in the modern times by virtue of western pressure and not by virtue of Islam.

There is some truth in what you said.
We must also differentiate between what muslims including leaders actually practiced and what Islam teaches in scriptures.

Fact remains that Islam is the only religion i know of, which actually deals with relationship between ethnic/color and treats them as equal before Allah. Proven by the fact that Islam began as a movement which had large number of african coloured people.

There is some truth in what you said.
We must also differentiate between what muslims including leaders actually practiced and what Islam teaches in scriptures.

Fact remains that Islam is the only religion i know of, which actually deals with relationship between ethnic/color and treats them as equal before Allah. Proven by the fact that Islam began as a movement which had large number of african coloured people.

Yes there is a difference between what Islam teaches and what Muslims practiced.

However, what Islam teaches is of little use if Muslims failed to implement and practice it given that Muslims were a dominant power for many centuries. What Islam teaches serves no more than bragging rights for Muslims in dawah circles, i.e., when giving dawah to non-Muslims. Islamic world practiced (and even practices today to some extent) what can be described as the equivalent of the cast system of Hinduism.

I mean
is she wrong? - if Canadian at large believe LGBTQ+ is part of their values
you better obey or get out, its their lands, their rules

we wont like foreigners coming to Pakistan and disrespecting our values? , would we?

Actually the dyke is wrong.

Canada claims to be tolerant of all values - so she should stfu and sit down. if someone doesn't want to take pride in sin, thats their perogative.

The west has no moral grounding, they alter their values based on public opinion. As Muslims the foundation of our values is the same throughout the ages.

If people don't like that - they can leave.

I mean

we wont like foreigners coming to Pakistan and disrespecting our values? , would we?
Don't agree with this line of thought.

Firstly it's not 'their rule' that you have to take part in pride events. It's not a law.

Secondly as far as reciprocity goes, by attending Ramadan events and the like, while appreciated, they did not do something against their core belief system and faith. But you are asking Muslims to do that. Certainly not equal actions which one can classify as quid-pro-quo.

Try asking the vegans in Canada to attend Eid-ul-Azha celebrations. That would be more comparable.

A teacher at Londonderry Junior High School in Edmonton, Alberta Canada, tells Muslim pupils off for skipping school to avoid LGBTQ Pride events.

Fx9EeBoXsAUSURO

@Maula Jatt @PakSarZameen47 @Menace2Society @Pakstallion @Vapnope @Areesh @DESERT FIGHTER @Desert Fox 1 @N.Siddiqui @Norwegian @TNT @Imad.Khan @Dalit @ziaulislam @EternalMortal @lastofthepatriots @WarKa DaNG @Warking @Talwar e Pakistan @WinterFangs @kingQamaR @Menace2Society @Indus Pakistan @Ghazwa-e-Hind @Norwegian @PakFactor @akramishaqkhan @Zornix @pakpride00090 @Abid123 @Goritoes @SecularNationalist @PakistaniandProud @PAKISTANFOREVER @Dual Wielder @Great Janjua @ahaider97 @PakFactor @Sayfullah @SaadH @villageidiot @Olympus81@Mobius 1 @General Dong @Genghis khan1@alphapak @RealNapster @Kharral @Mobius 1@Goenitz @Muhammad Saftain Anjum @AA_ @Mobius 1 @Great Janjua @The Accountant @PakSword @villageidiot @Kharral @SaadH @Goenitz @PakFactor @Tamerlane @ARMalik @Khan_21 @Yousafzai_M @NaqsheYaar @NooriNuth @SaadH @Kharral @AA_ @SaadH @Tamerlane @villageidiot @waz @PakSword @Mugen @Tamerlane @PakAlp @HerbertPervert @Path-Finder @Tamerlane @Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai @AlKardai @waz @Areesh @hatehs @Path-Finder @HerbertPervert @Dr. Strangelove @Sayfullah @Clutch
Eat shit or you are not Canadian , what queer people you have around the world.

After the Phophet SAW and the Khulafa Rashida.
Sir, you answer your question yourself. Those people are not our role models. After the Rashidun, it wasn't even a Caliphate, it was monarchies and tribal fiefdoms and other things that prioritize ethnicity and race to hold on to power and are closer to the non-believers than to Islam. They were no less unguided than us today.

The Prophet married a freed slave, women richer than him, poorer than him, different tribe than him, even different religion than him (two Jewish woman and a Coptic christian woman)

I mean

Right to follow your religion is in Canadian constitution. By not attending LGBQT you are not disrespecting their “value” , you are practicing your right as a free Canadian to choose . This mentality of yours shows a weak mindset which is displayed by many in western land.

What happened to right to practice your religion? Muslims are not standing at the corner of every street preaching hatred against anyone. Canada belongs to Canadian and as a Canadian I will practise my religion.

Sir, you answer your question yourself. Those people are not our role models. After the Rashidun, it wasn't even a Caliphate, it was monarchies and tribal fiefdoms and other things that prioritize ethnicity and race to hold on to power and are closer to the non-believers than to Islam. They were no less unguided than us today.

The Prophet married a freed slave, women richer than him, poorer than him, different tribe than him, even different religion than him (two Jewish woman and a Coptic christian woman)

Agreed.

She is definitely fired and will not teach anymore. But tbh lgbtq is just a mental illness

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom