What's new

Captured US Soldier in FATA?

Lockheed F-16

Reaction score
20d37c8f51ec440e076a50b0af003739.gif

WASHINGTON: Taliban forces may have spirited a missing US soldier from Afghanistan to neighbouring Pakistan, reports US television network ABC News.

It said that two people involved in US and Afghan military efforts to locate Bowe R. Bergdahl were of the opinion that moving the GI across the border would complicate the efforts to obtain his release.

The 23-year-old soldier from Ketchum, Idaho, is the second US serviceman captured since the US invasion of Afghanistan eight years ago. He was taken along with three Afghan soldiers on June 30 in the Paktika province in south-eastern Afghanistan.

ABC reported a person actively involved in the search said a high-level Afghan insurgent commander had claimed responsibility for capturing Bergdahl and had moved him to South Waziristan.

US forces are not allowed to operate inside Pakistan except in limited instances.

Mullah Sangeen, the Taliban commander who reportedly captured the soldier wants the United States to stop its aerial attacks on the region in return for Mr Bergdahl’s release.

US military officials in Afghanistan, however, insist that the soldier is still inside Afghanistan.

But the media report said Mr Bergdahl’s location was identified in field reports from people operating in Pakistan’s tribal areas.

Mr Bergdahl was recently seen at a Mullah Sangeen’s training camp, just inside Pakistan, the report claimed.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told ABC News that she was not allowed to talk about where Mr Bergdahl might be.

Chairman of US Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen also refused to disclose the soldier’s location, saying that he could not share ‘intelligence perspective’ with the media.

The Taliban released a video over the weekend of a visibly shaken American soldier.

i have recently lost my house keys. they must be in FATA.

around 70% of afghanistan is under talibans control but no this US soldier is in Pakistan. actually anyone whom u cant find is in Pakistan. Enough propaganda has already been done and therefore its easier to feed their ppl with this line.

If this news is true ISI should get him for interogation and torcher him for creidble information and tell them we never found him

If this news is true ISI should get him for interogation and torcher him for creidble information and tell them we never found him

cf15c2c32b09aa5d86dbc024c6395033.jpg

Wht information is he supposed to give u, dude, it is an ordinary soldier man, no CIA Agent. Aditionally, noone will ever find out where he is?

Last edited:
I think the taliban class him as an "enemy combatant"!:cheesy:

I hope he will be treated well to give good impression to western media.

US shall try their best to release him at any cost,Zaradari services can be taken because he is expert in deals:lol:

Don't worry, the US is still looking for Osama in Tora Bora after 8 years.

I have heard TALIBAN believe in MEDIEVAL solution. Take all as 'LAUNDEE' :woot: or 'GHULAM'

haha :woot:

The americans are real funny; a soldier is a combatant; and if one is captured they label it as a kidnapping as if some civvie has been taken away :hitwall:

They should learn a thing or two of english grammar from the British (the original englishmen) and the soldier should be labelled as POW :agree:

Back
Top Bottom