What's new

CATIC reveals K8 NG Trainer in Dubai Air Show

Misleading title, the aircraft was not “unveiled” by PAC but by CATIC. The aircraft also doesn’t exist currently. It’s just an optional package offered to customers that may want it.

Could you post about this please since all I can see is this.... and I have no spbscription.

1637163782587.png

Can someone take the time and write a summary table of K-8P vs this. It feels just nothing more than a slightly improved capability; most of the capability was there long back in K-8s that we examined in Namibia.

Can someone take the time and write a summary table of K-8P vs this. It feels just nothing more than a slightly improved capability; most of the capability was there long back in K-8s that we examined in Namibia.
Welcome back brother! Long time no see?😊

Do any training aircraft have combat history? This is basic training aircraft
They do.

The most was by Atlas - MB-326/Impalas. It saw heavy extended operations in Angola at extreme ranges. The biggest advantage these had was using very basic landing strips and faster turn around times. Another advantage is very low altitude flying vs the expensive jets. Logistically you need minimal crew to support. If this can be demonstrated as part of selling capabilities, it will no doubt be good.

One thing i recall we had to mod our impalas was using a ECM/jammer. This would be a must have feature for any forward operating usage.

Last edited:
This is new concept and no one have any record regarding this
What new concept?

Do your own research before yapping about stuff and I don't feel like spoonfeeding people when it's easy to google up "_insert_trainer_aircraft_here_ used in counter insurgency".

Back
Top Bottom