What's new

CCTV: Chinese HQ-9 Anti-Missile

SU-33

New Recruit

Reaction score
This show HQ9 also have Anti-missile ability. I think this is inside of atmospheric layer
This news was reported by CCTV on 2010.4.24.
This news shows HQ9 use Kinetic Missiles warhead(Hit-to-Kill).

BD.jpg

B0.jpg

B3.jpg

78.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

88.jpg

8B.jpg

Last edited:
That is great. I know this is on Turkey's list for its SAM program. I hope we choose these because we will get the most tech transfer over all the options. We really need a defense against ballistic missiles we have been lacking in this area.

is there any video of such test !!!!!!!! and will pakistan be getting this one ????????

Would appreciate better pictures with at least some form and shape of the missile being shown.

Hi, you all made mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes, at first, this was HQ-9 ;
but , at last , the missiles launched were ANOTHER missiles, just pay attention to their launch methods in the vedio.

Hi, he didn't make mistake
this news report a new simulate training system
but at the end of the news, The commentator said: recently, PLA did practical shooting. then the Screen display show two scene.one is head off aeroplane.
BB.jpg

another one is head off missiles.

BF.jpg

by the way, in HQ9 instructions book, also write that HQ9 have Anti-missile ability

Last edited:

The video describes how the HQ9 SAM forces are trained with a networkcentric simulating system and in the end two missile firing exercises. One hits an airplane target and the other a missile.

The simulating training system is for interception training agains airplanes, cruise missiles and tactic BMs.

From what is marked on the screenshots above it showed the style of a KKV intercepting a missile. The latest HQ-9 system has, according to rumors, incorporated a KKV missile with extended range than the previous HQ-9A missiles, namely HQ-19. It is believed that the latest system is better than S-300PMU2 and similar to S-400 in range and performance. :cheers:

china zindabad ausum work by chinese scientists and engineers everday they are coming with something new well done china

That is great. I know this is on Turkey's list for its SAM program. I hope we choose these because we will get the most tech transfer over all the options. We really need a defense against ballistic missiles we have been lacking in this area.

I doubt that Turkey get HQ-9 for it's Long - Range SAM Project, because this System is not conform with NATO Standart. It could be very difficult to intergate HQ-9 in our existing Air defence Network which is based on NATO Standart.

I doubt that Turkey get HQ-9 for it's Long - Range SAM Project, because this System is not conform with NATO Standart. It could be very difficult to intergate HQ-9 in our existing Air defence Network which is based on NATO Standart.

Yes that is one issue when considering it so the PAC-3 is a alternative but much less tech transfer will occur with that system. The russian's are offering an advanced version of the S-300 as well. Remember though it isn't the first time we went with Chinese stuff.

We have the TR-300 Kasirga MRL based on the chinese WS-1 and the J-600T Yıldırım I/II SRBM based on Chinese B-611 SRBM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom