What's new

Cell phones & their impact

cactuslily58

BANNED
Reaction score
I have a few observations which I'd like to share & seek views from across the world.

The last decade has seen a proliferation of cell phone sites across town, cities & villages. The advantages of the cell phones needs no reiteration however, I wonder if it is somehow linked to the following ;

1. Reduction of birds..ever noticed how fewer birds we see these days espicially in towns & cities.Except for the 'hardy' variety like Crows, Mynahs, Sparrows & Pigeons, we get to see so little of the wonderful birds we saw at various times of the year. Could this somehow be linked to the radio frequencies the cell phones operate on ?

2. Migration of birds..do these frequencies have an impact on the navigation of the migratory birds ?

I do not want to go into health issues with humans ( too much has been said on this ). Should there be any other issues relating to flora / fauna with cell phones..could someone please share them ?

Well they certainly fry our brains with all the antennae they have set up in the city. I am not surprised that the birds have proven to be wiser and have migrated out leaving us to suffer from Brain Tumours and various Leukemias.
On a serious note, with the population rising at a rapid rate, especially in the cities, birds generally tend to migrate out other than the scavangers which rely on feeding from the dumps. So it is bound to heppen in any case. I dont have a clue about whether the frequencies in any way interefere with the birds navigation etc. It also has to do with the number of tall trees which are hard to find in developing cities
Araz

Reduction of birds can be blamed on destruction of habitat and air-pollution. Has there been any scientific study that specifically mentioned Mobile Phone electromagnetic radiation to be harmful to animals?

Mig
Just to give you an example. The cigarrette industries knew as far back as 50 the effect of smoking on the lungs and the heart including th erisk of cancer. When did we know? not till the late 90s. These industrialists are very good at concealing knowledge which does not promote their cause.
Regards
Araz

Mig
Just to give you an example. The cigarrette industries knew as far back as 50 the effect of smoking on the lungs and the heart including th erisk of cancer. When did we know? not till the late 90s. These industrialists are very good at concealing knowledge which does not promote their cause.
Regards
Araz

This is what I thought.. we are possibly being kept in the dark.

Ah, well, cellphones are here to stay, and I guess they can't be that bad if the people who make 'em, use 'em too...right?

well there is a great anguish in the west regarding the people living in the vicinity of the towers and a higher risk of Cancer. However, I would agree that cellphones are here to stay and we cant think of life without them.
Araz

well!!! i dont think so... rather cellphone industry cant be blamed for keeping certian facts confidentail. what do you say for these tellecom companies, infact messed up by their catchy offers.

secondly, it scientificaly proven if you place an egg between two cellphones & are connected with one another it causes an egg to fry............ so where is human
"Brain Masala"????

Back
Top Bottom