What's new

Change of Pakistan Rangers uniform?

I have no idea about black trousers and blue shirts, closer to it is Islamabad Police and ASF who wear blue shirts and navy blue trousers. And PAF also wears similar uniform.

Watch the video. Those people in the blue trousers and grey pants sued to wear black pants.

When i grew up in Karachi during the 90s, I noticed that rangers wore blue shirts, black pants and black caps- the same as I see on Islamabad capital police on pics and videos.

Now I see videos and pics of them in brown, more military style outfits. Has there been a change in uniform or did I see something else when I lived in KHI?
that was mahran force

that was mahran force

The Mehran Force was an auxiliary of the Pakistan Army used for internal security duties in Sindh. In 1994 the Mehran Force had a strength of 24,000 and was organizationally divided into "wings" of approximately 800 men each
History

In 1942 the Thar Rangers was raised as the Sindh Police Rifles. During 1948, the unit was re-designated as Sindh Police Rangers. In 1956, this unit was then renamed as Indus Rangers. Due to deteriorating Law and Order situation in upper Sindh, Headquarters Mehran Force was established in Karachi in 1989 to deal with the situation. In 1995, Pakistan Rangers was divided into the Pakistan Rangers (Punjab) and the Pakistan Rangers (Sindh) and the Mehran Force was then merged into Pakistan Rangers (Sindh). Pakistan Rangers (Sindh) is governed by Ranger's Ordinance 1959 and operates under control Ministry of Interior and Headquarters 5 Corps.

Who then are those blue shirted people in the video? Are they Rangers or some other organization?

Here is the uniform in question, what I saw in the 90s, so no question it was changed:

Hello, wanted to ask if the Pakistani Rangers are the equivalent of the Turkish Gendarmarie Special Operations ? Thanks

Can't open a thread on this topic as I am new so I have to ask in already existing threads

Hello, wanted to ask if the Pakistani Rangers are the equivalent of the Turkish Gendarmarie Special Operations ? Thanks

Can't open a thread on this topic as I am new so I have to ask in already existing threads

Yes both Rangers and Frontier Corps are Paramilitary for border defense duties.

So they did exist after all. I agree the new Rangers uniform is more flexible and allows them to work better.

Pakistan Rangers (Sindh & Punjab), like other forces, use two uniforms:

Pakistan Rangers (Sindh)
1 - Field Uniform

The field uniform of Pakistan Rangers (Sindh) is Desert Battle Dress Uniform (DBDU) - an American arid-environment camouflage battle uniform that was used by the United States Armed Forces from the early 1980s to the early to mid 1990s, most notably during the Persian Gulf War. Although the U.S. military has since abandoned the pattern, it is still in widespread use by militaries across the world as of the early 2010s.

DG1.jpg

2 - Ceremonial Uniform

The ceremonial uniform of Pakistan Rangers (Sindh) is the one thread-starter is probably confused about. It is as shown in the picture below.

2_92823.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pakistan Rangers (Punjab)
1 - Field Uniform

The field uniform of Pakistan Rangers (Punjab) is as shown in the pictures below.

main.jpg

khyber456.jpg

2 - Ceremonial Uniform

The ceremonial uniform of Pakistan Rangers (Punjab) is as shown in the pictures below.

Jawaans (Black)

main.JPG

Officers (Grey)

india-pakisan_1972443i.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom