What's new

Changing Bengali attitudes towards Bangladesh

Nothing is emotional my naive and ignorant friend. All those are historical and facts. Its you who is being naive and acting as the "know it all" type of guy.

It's not my fault that you choose not to learn anything. Instead of keeping yourself in the dark, start reading. You have the internet. It's really easy.

I don't expect fair play but just want to keep india at an arms length for all their backstabbing
and exploitation of BD since pre and post 71. Indians are inherently islamophobic and so is their
gov. History is evidence of that and spend some time on this forum and you would know.

Really? You're bringing up 1971 & you don't think you're a little bit emotional?

So Korea should stop trade relations with Japan? Japan invaded Korea. By your logic, that's how it should work.
And UK should stop trade relations with Germany? WW2 was pretty much Germany's fault.

Grow up. This is the real world - only sound economic policies make a difference. I'm EXTREMELY happy that Bangladesh is forging a strong relationship with China because China can help us grow. So can India - it makes fiscal sense.

You can live in denial to satisfy your ego but that won't change reality. You definitely haven't
read my previous post. If you know how to read Bangla do read bengali dailies like Amardesh,
prothom alo and Naya diganta.

Read my above post as to why its not possible.

That's the other thing: I can read Bengali newspapers and how they report things is usually VERY different from New York Times. And frankly, I'm going to believe New York Times is a little bit better researched, especially when they credit world-wide agencies.

I'm going to believe Moody's index that Bangladesh is investment grade and about to open a sovereign BOND. I'm going to objectively evaluate that ADB, JICA, and other world-wide corporations are investing more & more in Bangladesh infrastructure. I'm also going to believe that Bangladesh increased its energy production from 3000MW to 5200MW in the span of 3yrs. Because that is reality.

Ok - the words are in English but the sentences make no sense to me or doesn't really seem to have a lot to do with the discussion. Strange. If you don't like people from Bangladesh Bengali, don't call us Bengali.

Somehow I feel like you are really emotionally invested in this very odd discussion about the term "Bengali"... The LOL & Hahaha tells me I should somehow feel insulted... but I'm sitting here scratching my head... Are we still talking about angry birds? ... *confused*...

Do you have anything to add about economic development in South Asia?

Dear flame,

Don't get him worng..

He alongwith a lot of us Indians, before joining PDF had the notion that Bangladeshis are friendly people...
But the amount of hatred, vitriol, rants that Indians have to hear from the PDF Bangladeshi population has not only shocked us but rather given a perception that is the new normal:
That a general Bangladeshi has to have hatred towards India especially Hindus, rant about toilets and poverty, even blame their local propblems on Indians..
From a personal viewpoint Before joining PDF I thought Bengalis on both sides of the border were simlar in cultural beliefs , frame of mind etc etc even though diversity in dialects, eaing habits varied within the boundaries of similarities

But Bangaldeshis here are bent on proving themselves as Timurid, Arabic, Dravidian etc etc..
Ebverything but a Bengali
Their definition of Bengali lies in the realm of religion..i.e. Islam..
The definition of Bengali for us on the other sode of the border is broader and based on mutual respect for customs..
Personally I like to call them Bangaldeshi because their identity seems to be very confused
Except a miniscule portion like Zabu, Apo_, Bagla brother and maybe you the majprity of Bangaldeshi have got a confused identity
They are anything but Bengali

Dear flame,

Don't get him worng..

He alongwith a lot of us Indians, before joining PDF had the notion that Bangladeshis are friendly people...
But the amount of hatred, vitriol, rants that Indians have to hear from the PDF Bangladeshi population has not only shocked us but rather given a perception that is the new normal:
That a general Bangladeshi has to have hatred towards India especially Hindus, rant about toilets and poverty, even blame their local propblems on Indians..
From a personal viewpoint Before joining PDF I thought Bengalis on both sides of the border were simlar in cultural beliefs , frame of mind etc etc even though diversity in dialects, eaing habits varied within the boundaries of similarities

But Bangaldeshis here are bent on proving themselves as Timurid, Arabic, Dravidian etc etc..
Ebverything but a Bengali
Their definition of Bengali lies in the realm of religion..i.e. Islam..
The definition of Bengali for us on the other sode of the border is broader and based on mutual respect for customs..
Personally I like to call them Bangaldeshi because their identity seems to be very confused
Except a miniscule portion like Zabu, Apo_, Bagla brother and maybe you the majprity of Bangaldeshi have got a confused identity
They are anything but Bengali

Then you may call us Bangladeshi, if you like. I call us Bengali & I will continue to do so. I don't understand why this is even a point of discussion.

@flame_retardant
if history of this forum is evidence then you will loose this psychological battle to your flagbearers here ..there are only three or four bangladeshi members who can listen to your argument others are die hard haters as far as india is concerned ..so be careful you are swimming against the tide..you are gonna decorated with many honourary titles shortly by your fellow members .. My advice to you is it is better to flow with the flow as we are pretty much used to that kind of bangladeshis here

@flame_retardant
if history of this forum is evidence then you will loose this psychological battle to your flagbearers here ..there are only three or four bangladeshi members who can listen to your argument others are die hard haters as far as india is concerned ..so be careful you are swimming against the tide..you are gonna decorated with many honourary titles shortly by your fellow members .. My advice to you is it is better to flow with the flow as we are pretty much used to that kind of bangladeshis here

I don't appreciate this post. You've essentially called Bengali members here as emotional & unreasonable people who don't like India. I'm sure there are some of those. And I'm sure there are an equal # of irrational Indians too.

But overall, I believe most of the forum members here are reasonable people. And most Bengalis I know are reasonable.

Somehow I've attracted a big crowd of idiots (both from Bangladesh & India) who are very concerned about the term 'Bengali'. That was unexpected but whatever. My thread also wasn't about "Defending India" although it also degenerated into "Defending South Asian growth as a whole".

But eventually, this thread will get back on track. I'm sure there are plenty of Bengali people here who can teach me something useful. I just have to wait for them to show up.

If you have given enough attention to the people you would have got your answer about changing mindset of bangladeshis .devil is a must to glorify their own god .. Now dont try to wake them up , ..

If you have given enough attention to the people you would have got your answer about changing mindset of bangladeshis .devil is a must to glorify their own god .. Now dont try to wake them up , ..

Your sentence structure made no sense so I have no idea what you're trying to say. Type in Hindi.

Ok - let's do it this way: instead of teaching about the negatives, how about you tell me good things about Bangladesh : )

What is RAWAMI? And why would I be a hindu because I use the term "Bengali"? I'm Muslim but if I was a hindu-Bengali what would be wrong with that in terms of supporting Bangladesh? Why is religion even a part of this discussion in economic policy?
This bangali Bangladeshi discussion is off topic, but it is an important part of our history! Mujib's awamileague promoted Bengali nationalism while Zia introduced Bangladeshi nationalism to counter the idea! Anyway, indian trolls are trying to hijack your thread. Just don't answer off topic posts!

Ok ..enjoy the show ..if you learn anything plz enlighten us

This bangali Bangladeshi discussion is off topic, but it is an important part of our history! Mujib's awamileague promoted Bengali nationalism while Zia introduced Bangladeshi nationalism to counter the idea! Anyway, indian trolls are trying to hijack your thread. Just don't answer off topic posts!

Now you have your answer. That was itself off topic, which is no sin from a Bangladeshi. Only from Bengalis or other such.

This is about right. But they keep hijacking it anyway - I don't understand how the confusion started. After all, this is the Bangladesh Defense forum. I never expected so many random Indian posters. I'm actually pretty mystified by the interest. Also out of left field: this strange obsession with Biharis... Fortunately, it seems to have died down now so the thread managed to stay afloat.

But I did expect the misinformed Bengali people telling me that I'm wrong & Bangladesh is becoming more corrupt, and blah blah even though global indices indicate otherwise. After all, that was the point of this thread - to try to encourage Bengali people to read more about their country.

kya bhav kha rakaha hai bengali ya bangladeshi insaan hi hai yaar :D OP is so hot i think :meeting:

Now you have your answer. That was itself off topic, which is no sin from a Bangladeshi. Only from Bengalis or other such.
We are Bangladeshi and you are Indian! Why you guys are mixing up things? Our ethnicity is bengali but our nationality is Bangladeshi! Indians are confused and trying to spread the confusion !

I think he's coming from the same perspective I am: the first page of this thread was filled with Indian posters who posted specifically about defining the word "Bengali" so that's where I got the impression that Indians are really concerned. Now, it's fine by me if they want to say Bangladeshi. But I didn't expect that many Indian-posters in BD-defense forum. And then there were the BANGLADESHI people who joined in ^_^ (satisfied everyone? Enjoy it! It's the one time *hehe*).

I don't get it & frankly, I just don't care. If you're insulted, just realize that you're choosing to feel that way & you can easily choose to ignore me & my thread.

I did like your post that you posted which was on-topic, although it'd be more helpful if you posted specifics. It was definitely one of the better posts and a lot easier to read because it didn't sound so angry compared to everything else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom