What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Last edited:
Here large enough …

IMG_9614.jpeg
IMG_9613.jpeg

Kinda curious about what would be the fate of WS-10C after j20 switches over to WS-15.
Do you see future batches of PLA/PLAN 4th gen planes ( J10 / J11 / J16 / J15 ) adopting it, considering it's an upgrade of the A&B variant.

They are terminating the production line for old J-20 pretty soon.

Kinda curious about what would be the fate of WS-10C after j20 switches over to WS-15.
Do you see future batches of PLA/PLAN 4th gen planes ( J10 / J11 / J16 / J15 ) adopting it, considering it's an upgrade of the A&B variant.
I imagine they'll be developed further for future fighters, or even current fighters that still rely on foreign engines.

They also seem like a perfect fit for future drone-fighters.

A not previously posted image of the J-20A prototype no. 2051.

Real or not real again … that‘s the question?!

In fact I had no time yet to check ..

IMG_0614.jpeg
IMG_0615.jpeg

WS-10C increases the thrust at the cost of lifespan, in order to suit the design of J-20.
It would be unnecessary to install WS-10C into other jets.

So far still a rare image of a J-20 (II) in service with the PLAAF's 5th Air Brigade based at Guilin, Nanning Basewithin the STC.

1689785617829.png

Why do you think only J-20's engine is upgraded?
Well, I don’t know. I don’t know how to interpret what @siegecrossbow said..
did he mean the engineers had to make structural changes to the J20 to accommodate the new engine?

Well, I don’t know. I don’t know how to interpret what @siegecrossbow said..
did he mean the engineers had to make structural changes to the J20 to accommodate the new engine?
You do know that WS-15 has different dimensions than WS-10 right?

Back
Top Bottom