What's new

China a Player, but Not Superpower

its only a matter of time before china really shows its power, anything past 2020 is when china will be next superpower

Superpower is NOT our target!

Our main drive is to have a stable, peaceful, harmonious growth that help upgrade the livelihood of our folks and lift our less fortunate countrymen out of poverty!

I don't want to see China become a superpower if it means her policing the world the way the US does。

Killing innocent people for material gains or ideology is simply NOT part of our culture and heritage。

I want to see China develop into a country of even strength to crush any provocation,be it originated from anywhere,any direction and any country。

Oh please, the Chinese leaders have never, ever said that China is a superpower. It is simply not their style.

Again Insulting me or my country will not change facts or anything for that matter the fact remains you have to deal with a lot of countries first namely Japan, South Korea, India even Russian and especially the US.

That is okay. Since fishing patrols from a single province are all that is needed to deal with your country, I think we can spare the people for it.

I don't want to see China become a superpower if it means her policing the world the way the US does。

Killing innocent people for material gains or ideology is simply NOT part of our culture and heritage。

I want to see China develop into a country of even strength to crush any provocation,be it originated from anywhere,any direction and any country。

I don't think you need to worry. The fact is, China had a long history as the dominant power in the region and had long practice on how to act in that position. Namely, there are plenty of ways to get what you want, violence is only the last resort.

In ths day and age, we cant limit ourselves to only talk about military power or economy when defining what a global superpower is. That is only true if you can achieve your political objectives by such hard power. And that is not the case. You also have to have an ideal and a strong powerful narrative. In this parameter, China falls short. They dont have that, at least not nearly to the same extent as the US does. US is not only a military superpower, but it also enjoys a very significant advantage in soft power or influence. Although I do think the US, in relative terms, are in a strategic decline in regions like South America and the Middle East.

Honestly, majority of Chinese don't care about influencing others. Traditionally we are very seclusive society. The Great Wall probably demonstrates our psyche. Lots of Western intellectuals probably try to analyze China in their own terms based on their own experience. We have never been missionaries trying to preach to others. We seek knowledge fro others.

Zero_wing, my friend there is no single reason for china or India to go war with each other... Things between china and japan is different than India and China... our disputes might be settled in peaceful diplomatic way.... SCS is different story.... unless any one provoke other... there will be no way between India and China any time soon...

Zero_wing, my friend there is no single reason for china or India to go war with each other... Things between china and japan is different than India and China... our disputes might be settled in peaceful diplomatic way.... SCS is different story.... unless any one provoke other... there will be no way between India and China any time soon...

Sir you miss understood one you don't to go to war with anyone to be a supper power you just need to out do the others I just site your country because its a regional power like Japan and South Korea and America as the reigning super power.

deal with how many countries? when pinoys dare going into a war against us, all the other nations will flee!

Not even your Master - the yankies, will get involved in a war in which donation recipients like the Philippines constantly acts stupidly for its illegal territorial claims

Of course we know pirate ships sent from pinoys will be expulsed from our territory

Yaya and the moon is Chinese territory too and china was created by the gods oh please spare the Mao school of thought for the Morons what you said to me is nothing more than racist slurs that came from your @$$

Oh please, the Chinese leaders have never, ever said that China is a superpower. It is simply not their style.

That is okay. Since fishing patrols from a single province are all that is needed to deal with your country, I think we can spare the people for it.

I don't think you need to worry. The fact is, China had a long history as the dominant power in the region and had long practice on how to act in that position. Namely, there are plenty of ways to get what you want, violence is only the last resort.

Are you high? you can't even deal with us in the Korean War it was like 300 plus versus a whole division really now? but sure take your chance we just waiting for you to f@ck up just try it? i would not mind at all heck we won't mind at all

China will not intend to become a super power with a super army. We would rather become a super power with a super economy, though we will keep our army formidable in a sense.

So as we upgrade our defence facilities, China will continue to downsize her army. We have done that several times for the past 30 years.

Agreed. American cultural dominance and media dominance is very hard for us to match.
The US sucks! They have good as well as bad side. Pray God, if you are on their enemy list.

Are you high? you can't even deal with us in the Korean War it was like 300 plus versus a whole division really now? but sure take your chance we just waiting for you to f@ck up just try it? i would not mind at all heck we won't mind at all

Yeah, with something like 1500 soldiers in total, I am sure Philippine is a real player in Korean war.
The fact is, you lost 1/3 of your army while riding on the back of American forces. I am not sure what level of competency is required commanding a regiment, but obviously your commander back then did not have it.

Back
Top Bottom