China and Algeria Embark on 6,000km Railway Project

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

China and Algeria Embark on 6,000km Railway Project​

September 8, 2023

China and Algeria have forged a substantial collaboration aimed at building a network of railway lines spanning 6,000Km across North Africa. Algerian President Abdelmadjid Tebboune has hailed this as a critical step towards propelling Algeria’s socioeconomic development.

The project is part of the two countries’ greater collaboration under the Belt and Road Initiative. The railway project, which will be supported by Chinese technical experience and building capability, will connect all towns and regions in Algeria.

President Tebboune stressed the need for railroad infrastructure development as the “best guarantee of development.” The key goals are to enhance mining extraction, increase commerce, and develop economic life in Algeria.

President Tebboune made the statement during his official visit to China, during which the two nations inked more than a dozen cooperation agreements in a variety of industries, including aerospace, agriculture, energy, railway transportation, research, and technology.

This massive railway project ushers in a new chapter in China-Algeria cooperation, promising revolutionary economic development for both countries and the wider African area.

China should spend more energy and resources to build the many underdeveloped regions in China first. Stop wasting huge Chinese resources to help develop far away lands such as Africa that has little consequences for China. To build 6000 km of railroads in a foreign country is a huge feat in development by any standard. I hope China is not foolish enough thinking the world is just really like one country.

Where does Algeria with a GDP of only $190 billion a year get the money to build such huge network of 6000 km railroads ? I hope the Chinese gov is not stupid to put up the funding and bill.

Last edited:

September 8, 2023

China and Algeria have forged a substantial collaboration aimed at building a network of railway lines spanning 6,000Km across North Africa. Algerian President Abdelmadjid Tebboune has hailed this as a critical step towards propelling Algeria’s socioeconomic development.

The project is part of the two countries’ greater collaboration under the Belt and Road Initiative. The railway project, which will be supported by Chinese technical experience and building capability, will connect all towns and regions in Algeria.

President Tebboune stressed the need for railroad infrastructure development as the “best guarantee of development.” The key goals are to enhance mining extraction, increase commerce, and develop economic life in Algeria.

President Tebboune made the statement during his official visit to China, during which the two nations inked more than a dozen cooperation agreements in a variety of industries, including aerospace, agriculture, energy, railway transportation, research, and technology.

This massive railway project ushers in a new chapter in China-Algeria cooperation, promising revolutionary economic development for both countries and the wider African area.

How can China/Algeria decide to build a line across entire Northern Africa 😂. Were other countries that the rail line passes through consulted? Thats like me saying i will build a rail line across China.

September 8, 2023

railway lines to nowhere

China should spend more energy and resources to build the many underdeveloped regions in China first. Stop wasting huge Chinese resources to help develop far away lands such as Africa that has little consequences for China. To build 6000 km of railroads in a foreign country is a huge feat in development by any standard. I hope China is not foolish enough thinking the world is just really like one country.

Where does Algeria with a GDP of only $190 billion a year get the money to build such huge network of 6000 km railroads ? I hope the Chinese gov is not stupid to put up the funding and bill.

Algeria's GDP in 2022 stands at 233 bln USD: PM

https://english.news.cn/20230918/b0797794165b4142ade3871c20b027f1/c.html

For once you ask a valid question. I do not know where the railway tracks are going. I hope this is a little better than a dead clock being right twice a day

Like US? How many sour grapes do you eat everyday?
Your money. It is not mine :enjoy:

For once you ask a valid question. I do not know where the railway tracks are going. I hope this is a little better than a dead clock being right twice a day
Talking nonsense。

This railway is just for Algeria - the largest country in Africa. The vast country needs infrasture

"The railway project, which will be supported by Chinese technical experience and building capability, will connect all towns and regions in Algeria."

This railway is just for Algeria - the largest country in Africa. The vast country needs infrasture

"The railway project, which will be supported by Chinese technical experience and building capability, will connect all towns and regions in Algeria."
Algeria can't afford such network of 6000 km railway, no way, I hope China is not stupid enough to put up all the funding.

Algeria can't afford such network of 6000 km railway, no way, I hope China is not stupid enough to put up all the funding.
Gas and oil do you know what that is?? They don't even need to pay a dime of cash but pay with black gold..

Algeria is good for it and not only that they have natural Resources which is true money and more valuable then Fiat paper money.. china prefers to be paid in black gold and so does everyone

Last edited:
Gas and oil do you know that is?? They don't even need to pay a dime of cash but pay with black gold
Well, that's one way to pay, but Algeria is not even in the top 10 producers of black gold in the world.

Just because you havent heard of Algeria doesnt mean they cant afford it. Algeria isnt a poor developing country.

"The World Bank classifies Algeria as an upper-middle income nation. The country has energy exports in natural gas and oil."

Algerian officials say this year the country could export 100 billion cubic meters of gas—equivalent to about 65% of the nearly 160 billion cubic meters the EU imported from Russia in 2021, before the start of the war.
Years ago, before the advent of inexpensive Russian gas, Algeria was Italy’s top supplier. Now, it once again holds the top spot, helping Italy almost completely replace the gas it was getting from Russia, which in 2021 accounted for 40% of its imports.
Italy wants to parlay that success into exporting some of its supplies across its northern border to Austria, Germany and other nearby countries. The government recently fast-tracked the building of a new pipeline to carry gas north.

Well, that's one way to pay, but Algeria is not even in the top 10 producers of black gold in the world.

Gas and oil.. Algeria has cash middling economy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom