What's new

China, Argentina set for defence collaboration, Malvinas-class OPV deal

30x F-10 / JF-17 vs 4x Typhoon ... ??? I think Hitler‘s NAZI Germany should win WWII in 1945... LOL !

Oooops ... ur advanced Typhoon crashed in 2014 Spain and Germany.
View attachment 191970

BTW Pls tell me how many Meteor missiles Typhoon can carry once time ? I think max 6x Meteor, total 4 x 6 = 24x Meteor missiles here to face 30x F-10 / JF-17 fighters.

.......They have 4 Typhoon now simply because the Argentinian Airforce have next to nothing........

They won't only have 4 Typhoon if Argie have more than a few old fighter....and for a pound to pound comparison, it will always the British whom can field more than the Argentinian simply because the Brits have more money to burn....

.......They have 4 Typhoon now simply because the Argentinian Airforce have next to nothing........

They won't only have 4 Typhoon if Argie have more than a few old fighter....and for a pound to pound comparison, it will always the British whom can field more than the Argentinian simply because the Brits have more money to burn....
I know it, just for Argentinean ... it's much better than nothing, at least JF-17 & J-10A better than their currently flying A-4 and MirageIII. If they can't buy new fighters from the West, at least Argentian Airforce can update them from China.

I know it, just for Argentinean ... it's much better than nothing, at least JF-17 & J-10A better than their currently flying A-4 and MirageIII. If they can't buy new fighters from the West, at least Argentian Airforce can update them from China.

i really doubt they can even afford JF17 with their budget....their economy is wrose thanthe philippines...

i really doubt they can even afford JF17 with their budget....their economy is wrose thanthe philippines...
Soybean, Wheat, Beef, Fishs, Minerals ... management right of lands and sea-ports ... all r money in Chinese eyes. And Chinese love their football super-star Messi very much !

Even all aircrafts free to Argentina, reduce tariff from China(Most Favoured Trade Nation) and dump 'Made in China' goods into Argentina market to earn more money back.

Im sure except USD cash ... The Argentina must have something is valuable for 1.3bil Chinese, or we can earn money from different ways ... Don't forget this's a chance to sell Chinese aircrafts to South-America nations (Argentina/Brazil/Chile) ... it's a good ad for China AVIC. After this deal, Chinese will get more customers in America !

Last edited:
The better package in eyes of Argentinians would be bvr, anti shipping missiles, anti radiation missiles, alcm and carrier killing "wrecker" CM400AKG and atleast initially an AEW&C. Under $2.5b it could very lucrative deal and more could come China can turn Argentinian Armed Forces into potent force with what Argrntina has to offer potentially that China has seen and sensed. So its not about if argentine can afford it more like what China needs from them in turn would earn argentinians something better including cash and equipment. A win win situation I say..

China must transfer ballistic and cruise missile technology to Argentina and help Argentina build its own missile force like what the Iranians did using Chinese missile technology.

Soybean, Wheat, Beef, Fishs, Minerals ... management right of lands and sea-ports ... all r money in Chinese eyes. And Chinese love their football super-star Messi very much !

Even all aircrafts free to Argentina, reduce tariff from China(Most Favoured Trade Nation) and dump 'Made in China' goods into Argentina market to earn more money back.

Im sure except USD cash ... The Argentina must have something is valuable for 1.3bil Chinese, or we can earn money from different ways ... Don't forget this's a chance to sell Chinese aircrafts to South-America nations (Argentina/Brazil/Chile) ... it's a good ad for China AVIC. After this deal, Chinese will get more customers in America !

Shouldn't China help Argentina in Infra building or anything which can help to fix their economy 1st

Will sell 14x J-10B fighters to Argentina

133537f1b2xwwfohioai5z.jpg

133552lyz2dcfcvbx666vy.jpg

Will sell 14x J-10B fighters to Argentina

But confirmed so far is only a "working group" ... what IMO only means we will discuss ... until the next president will decide differently ...

But confirmed so far is only a "working group" ... what IMO only means we will discuss ... until the next president will decide differently ...
In my opinion, the "working group" means to select a new type of fighter for future (just like Pakistan-China ever held the working group for JF-17 development)... J-10A is old & heard its production closed in recet year ... so the only choose will be J-10B deliver after 2~3 years.

I just heard some rumor in Chinese military forums ... maybe J-10B.

I agree with You even more since IMO the FC-1 is the best compromise for the budget while the J-10 Performance wise in mind of the overall limited budget ... however I noted from a friend with contacts to the FAA that the following "Points" are to considereed:

It is indeed so far only a commission to discuss a possible cooperation and as far as he knows the FAA-structures from the Argentine side they will look at the offered system, analyze the pros and cons and will finally defer any decisions, due to three reasons:
  1. on the 10. December 2015 a new government will be elected and in Argentina rarely a new government introduced a system just installed by the old one.
  2. Seen from the military side for the FAA, the J-10 would be the far better choice than the FC-1, because the FC-1 is no match for the pilots and aircraft of the neighboring states.
  3. The biggest problem – especially in regard to how this is discussed here in the West – is that so far all the messages to "new" fighters for the FAA originated from the United Kingdom: Just look at this piece of BS regarding the Russian Su-24 … and the main reason for this is the RAF’s fight for a higher defense budget. Here especially playing the Falkland-card a bit is a huge boost to the British public ….
Therefore as long as a contract is not officially confirmed especially from the Chinese side I would be very careful.
Deino

I doubt j-10B be sold. Too advance and expensive for Argentina to afford and argentina is still not an alliance to trust with one of China top avionics and fighter.
I highly suspicious that China will sell J10b to Argentina. We can't exclude the possibility at the moment either.

If so, it's a nightmare for UK.

I highly suspicious that China will sell J10b to Argentina. We can't exclude the possibility at the moment either.

If so, it's a nightmare for UK.

Argentina is still not a very trustworthy alliance. It's mainly based on economic benefit and the fact they can't access to western equipment due to their conflict with England. Remember how their Argentina president give a racist slur just before Xi visit without remorse? It will no doubt betray the Chinese if western soften their stance and sweeten deal with Argentina. They are still very pro west if things benefit them.

Sino British r/s is still not that bad and China needs to jagger between each of them.

Back
Top Bottom