What's new

China becomes world's No. 2 movie market

I have watched the movie Slumdog Millionaire, the ending is very epic.

That is not an Indian movie per se, albeit being shot in India and starring Indian actors.

I've watched "3 idiots", although it is way too idealistic, I thought it was pretty good and quite entertaining(except for the dancing scenes at the end?).

but to be honest I have never seen any Indian movies in my whole life,maybe Indian movies style doesnt suit Chinese market.

several Indian movies have done well in China starting from this very movie

Awaaraposter.jpg

3-idiots-e1261935748116.jpg

my-name-is-khan.jpg

Entry of Indian movies in CHina is heavily regulated.

If you have the guts , try watch this

One of the best INTERNATIONAL MOVIES OF 2012

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

Last edited by a moderator:
several Indian movies have done well in China starting from this very movie

never remember any Indian movies ever shown in Chinese movie theaters,but still,the cultural difference makes Indian movies very difficult for Chinese audience to digest,especially those singing and dancing really bores eastern Asians,we prefer action and funny stuff.and China will become the biggest movie market in the world.now even Hollywood is adjusting their future strategy to suit Asian Market better.Hollywood is a big challenge to the Chinese movie industry,now this huge market is divided half and half by Hollywood and Chinese domestic movies.

never remember any Indian movies ever shown in Chinese movie theaters,but still,the cultural difference makes Indian movies very difficult for Chinese audience to digest,especially those singing and dancing really bores eastern Asians,we prefer action and funny stuff.and China will become the biggest movie market in the world.now even Hollywood is adjusting their future strategy to suit Asian Market better.Hollywood is a big challenge to the Chinese movie industry,now this huge market is divided half and half by Hollywood and Chinese domestic movies.
3 idiots are awesome

Indian movies are boring, just dancing and singing. They wear goofy outfits too. I much rather watch Hollywood films.

Indian movies are boring, just dancing and singing. They wear goofy outfits too. I much rather watch Hollywood films.

How would you feel if we insulted your traditional attire? Personally, I would rather die than watch anything made in china.

they don't watch Chinese-Hongkong-Taiwan movies either,they belong to totally different markets.

Just exactly why are we discussing Indian movies here? They have maybe 0.01% of Chinese market.

If this thread is about Chinese movie markets, people should stay on topic.

Just exactly why are we discussing Indian movies here? They have maybe 0.01% of Chinese market.

If this thread is about Chinese movie markets, people should stay on topic.

less than that,basically 0%.

they don't watch Chinese-Hongkong-Taiwan movies either,they belong to totally different markets.

Actually Indians(mostly man) do watch Chinese movies but mostly on Cable TV n that too most of them r either Hollywood movies with Chinese Stars like Jet Li or old classic Chinese movies...:)

But Bollywood is way too dominating in Indian market even Hollywood can't give much of a fight n is limited to a niche segment, even though we don't have any restrictions on Hollywood like China n have much larger English speaking population...:agree:

Are mainland Chinese interested in Bollywood movies that have characters spontaneously rise up in song?

I never liked Western musical movies much either, the old classics were fine though.

Chinese movie-goers are becoming more savvy and like Hi-tech movies with good CG.

There are three kinds of Indian movies:

FIRST ( a bollywood masala ) - meant exclusively of South Asian masses.

SECOND ( bollywood international ) - meant for NRIs and rich and educated Indians.

THIRD ( parallel cinema ) - meant to highlight a cause or message

ANd recently a fourth variety has been witnessed with directors like Anurag Kasyap and VIshal Bharadwaj , marriage between Bollywood Masala and Parallel and International

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the reason why Indian movies are never shown in China is because that movie threaters are afraid of losing money,they know Chinese audiance taste and they have to find most likely popular movies to show to make money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom