What's new

China Catching Up With India on R&D Investment

China Catching Up With India on R&D Investment

China is fast catching up with India as a destination for foreign investment in proprietary research and development, and could come to knock India from one of the few economic perches in which it is ahead of its northern neighbor, a study shows.

China, the world’s fastest-growing major economy, receives almost four times as much foreign direct investment as India—about $105 billion in 2010.

But for years India has been ahead of China on investments into R&D.

In the fiscal year ended March 31, total R&D investment into India stood at $11.6 billion, which includes research for both proprietary and third-party use, compared to $9 billion for China, said Praveen Bhadada, a manager at the consulting firm Zinnov, which conducted the study.

But investment into China to fuel new products and innovations is growing at a much faster clip, at 16% a year compared to India’s 11% growth a year.

And China looks set to soon overtake India when it comes to proprietary research and development, with foreign investment for these purposes currently at around $7.65 billion in the last fiscal year, putting the country is within sniffing distance of India’s $7.75 billion worth of investment—largely because of the country’s better infrastructure.

China Catching Up With India on R&D Investment - China Real Time Report - WSJ

@ members, please Do not post any articles , even though it is from a neutral source which can hurt the ego of Chinese members , they simply can bear it and will start to troll until they start feeling better again ! thank you :hitwall:

@ members, please Do not post any articles , even though it is from a neutral source which can hurt the ego of Chinese members , they simply can bear it and will start to troll until they start feeling better again ! thank you :hitwall:

lol Chinese ego? ``more like the ever lasting story of inferior indian ego``as we have seen too much of them, India's R&D investment is less than 10% of China's and sure those headless indians believe in nonsenses like these to console their stunned brain

check R&D investment statistics from WIPOs``ops, why should i bother to suggest to self-loathing indians, deep inside they know they are all-round inferior to us

lol Chinese ego? ``more like the ever lasting story of inferior indian ego``as we have seen too much of them, India's R&D investment is less than 10% of China's and sure those headless indians believe in nonsenses like these to console their stunned brain

check R&D investment statistics from WIPOs``ops, why should i bother to suggest to self-loathing indians, deep inside they know they are all-round inferior to us

Ok .... one chinese members fragile ego severely hurt ,few more to go! :coffee:

Ok .... one chinese members fragile ego severely hurt ,few more to go! :coffee:
at least try to reasoning with facts kid``feel free it dig up any real statistics form professional sources like PCT, WIPO, world bank and others.. will ever a technological superor country feel inferior to India? lol maybe in Indian's delusion case

at least try to reasoning with facts kid``feel free it dig up any real statistics form professional sources like PCT, WIPO, world bank and others.. will ever a technological superor country feel inferior to India? lol maybe in Indian's delusion case

I thought Wall street Journal was credible too, ok next time we will post something from Xinhua that would surely be trustworthy...however sorry to have hurt your fragile ego ! :wave:

I thought Wall street Journal was credible too, ok next time we will post something from Xinhua that would surely be trustworthy...however sorry to have hurt your fragile ego ! :wave:

last time i check PCT, WIPO and world bank isnt owned by Xinhua, please find more lame excuses for your inferior complexity

recently, found lots of articles like this. i skeptic about the true purposes behind these writings. these writing purposes are to stimulate nationalism in many countries and to guide these nationalisms into confrontation.

the headline is very misleading,in R&D Investment,India is no where near China,not even among the top 12,and China now is the second in the world.
Yes U are absolutely right my brother...India can't come within the top five even within the next 15 years....The R&D is not joke needs lot of investment and trained manpower.....:smokin:

Yes U are absolutely right my brother...India can't come within the top five even within the next 15 years....The R&D is not joke needs lot of investment and trained manpower.....:smokin:

This article talks about foreign investment in R & D. This is what the article says

"But for years India has been ahead of China on investments into R&D. In the fiscal year ended March 31, total R&D investment into India stood at $11.6 billion, which includes research for both proprietary and third-party use, compared to $9 billion for China, said Praveen Bhadada, a manager at the consulting firm Zinnov, which conducted the study".

this is what call-center guys do all-day-long

eBay customer service in India is a nightmare. I rather talk to a computer. Thank god voice recognition has already surpassed India. eBay please move to Philippines. The higher cost will be well worth it.

Instead of hollow chest thumping , Chinese members should give data to refute this article

eBay customer service in India is a nightmare. I rather talk to a computer. Thank god voice recognition has already surpassed India. eBay please move to Philippines. The higher cost will be well worth it.

This from a guy whose people sound like they banging utensils together while spitting every other word?

Back
Top Bottom