What's new

China Forces Churches to Replace Ten Commandments with Xi Jinping Quotes

The truth is most Chinese think religion is stupid.
Then how do you explain the fact that Christianity is growing in China? Your comment revealed a poor understanding of human nature in general. :rolleyes:

Why do kings often portrayed themselves as gods, including some of China's past rulers? Because a god is superior to the king. Either he is a god, a demi-god, or have some kind of divine stamp of approval -- like the Mandate of Heaven -- for what he is. It is human nature to seek out something beyond the mortal life.

Organized religion maybe stupid but the idea of a higher being have never been stupid.

Then how do you explain the fact that Christianity is growing in China? Your comment revealed a poor understanding of human nature in general. :rolleyes:

Why do kings often portrayed themselves as gods, including some of China's past rulers? Because a god is superior to the king. Either he is a god, a demi-god, or have some kind of divine stamp of approval -- like the Mandate of Heaven -- for what he is. It is human nature to seek out something beyond the mortal life.

Organized religion maybe stupid but the idea of a higher being have never been stupid.

Do you know how many Christians in Hong Kong and Taiwan?

Are you serious?
I'm serious, it's religious war!

Do you know how many Christians in Hong Kong and Taiwan?

I'm serious, it's religious war!
Control Christian place of worship in China is the best way to reduce the chance of foreign power use religion against the Chinese government.

I believe searching for an answer in a science book is better than searching for an answer in the Bible. My personal opinion though, but it's shared by most Chinese people.

All Abraham religion are the tool for impose their believe on the population with political intention. Control their god then you control their political ideology.

I believe searching for an answer in a science book is better than searching for an answer in the Bible. My personal opinion though, but it's shared by most Chinese people.
Without the culture revolution china will never advance in science and technology. Culture revolution allow Chinese unshackle from religious dogma and free from the tradition hinder China progress for much of the last couple hundreds yrs.

In the eyes of USA, of course, China has less freedom toward religion. But in the eyes of many countries around the world, China has too much freedom (because they legalize blasphemy to be practiced).
What is blasphemy?

All Abraham religion are the tool for impose their believe on the population with political intention. Control their god then you control their political ideology.

Without the culture revolution china will never advance in science and technology. Culture revolution allow Chinese unshackle from religious dogma and free from the tradition hinder China progress for much of the last couple hundreds yrs.

STEM rate is more important than literacy rate in the future.

No, it is not. Am no religionist and that have been known for yrs on this forum as I have criticized all religions, nevertheless, am also no stranger to human nature.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/world/asia/china-feng-shui-penalty.html
BEIJING — A Chinese court has ordered a media company to pay nearly $30,000 to a real estate developer after it published an article that suggested a flashy building in Beijing violated the ancient laws of feng shui and would bring misfortune to its occupants.
So here you have three entities believing in the same supernatural belief of feng shui: a business, a media, and the court.

The reality is that you are no different than the Christians and the Muslims you criticized. Not you personally, but you as in the Chinese people. What is feng shui anyway? Physical objects in relations to each other can affect financial fortunes? How is that different than praying to a god for that same good fortune?

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/chi...me-buildings-in-hong-kong-have-holes-in-them/
...these holes allow dragons to fly from the mountains to the ocean each day, allowing positive energy flow through the building as a result.
Oh...Yeah...Sooooooo 'scientific' we have here. :lol:

How is this different than believing in the Bible's Ten Commandments?

Tell the forum...Does the furniture in your million dollars apartment conducive to feng shui?

That's so funny, I m Chinese and and know what people around me think and believe, are you Chinese? what makes you think you can speak for "most" Chinese people?
That is not the point, is it? You are no different than the rest of the peoples of the world when it comes to religion, no matter how much you think otherwise. You may say <whatever> with Chinese characteristics and many will believe you, but when it comes to religion and spirituality, you are just like the rest of us.

The irony here is that when China attempts to regulate reincarnation and create its own bishops, you are actually more involved in religious affairs than the supposedly 'religious' West. You are trying to compete with gods and God for souls.

How fragile does a government have to be to tremble at the sight of religious texts?

Back
Top Bottom