What's new

China graduates face tough job market as youth unemployment rises

Anees

Reaction score
China graduates face tough job market as youth unemployment rises

Across Asia, young and well educated people entering an increasingly competitive job market.

In China alone, the number of college graduates will reach an estimated 6.9 million this year.

Youth unemployment in Asia is among the lowest in the world, but according to the International Labour Organization it is getting tougher for young people to find jobs.

In China, there are so many new graduates looking for work that Premier Li Keqiang has called for more efforts to be put into creating new businesses to employ them. John Sudworth reports.

Video BBC News - China graduates face tough job market as youth unemployment rises

The freshmen are always 眼高手低,they should accept the lower paid jobs such as jobs at factory

When i ever worked for FOXCONN, i clearly know the factory(assemble line) how ruin the youth and destroy their beautiful dreams. There just need bio-robots not humans.
But it's always get a job better than unemployment. PM or R/D department stronger than PE department.

China needs a smaller government and deregulation of a lot of industries so to let in private competition. Small, private businesses are what drives employment and innovation, not giant state behemoths.

The solution is simple, really: cut tax (especially VAT), simply business licensing and registration, and deregulate.

I like how BBC portraits the situation in China as dismal when the youth jobless rate is less than 10% while in US and UK or even Eurozone as a whole have above 20% (even up to 50% for some) jobless rate and the picture is painted as rosy and optimistic....

/sarcasm

When western media reports China, anything bad about China the numbers are used in absolute term since the population is so huge, so they can portrait the situation greyer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom