What's new

China have to be Hated to be Strong? The rising of next Superpower

The term superpower is defined as an international entity that have a great influence in global politics, have large amount of food reserve, large military force, nuclear destruction power, stand off economic advantage, large population, ample development capability and limited cultural reference.

Curiously most Chinese do not think they will become Superpower anytime soon, and most western scholar think otherwise.

You guys can start hating the Chinese when they come and conquer you lot。

Before that,you‘d be better off leaving China alone。

Wait a minute! You lot might actually love and adore the Chinese when they make you slaves and take away your lands the way the european colonists did. Or like the Japanese who love the Americans so dearly, for the latter dropped two big bombs over the former's head.

The conclusion is this: in order for the Chinese to be loved and liked and adored, they must conquer the world and become the absolute rulers of this world, as were the europeans and now a days the Americans.

Then you lot would know where you belong and be happy ever after.

I don't think Chinese need to develop more and certainly don't need to become democracy to be a superpower, look at soviet union, where you have limited development and certainly no transprency to democracy. They are a superpower that balance the US during cold war.

Well the Soviet Union doesnt exist anymore.

Thats the whole point.

If you need a country to become a superpower you need - very high HDI, high incomes, huge high tech militaries and most importantly - political and economic clout.

China has a medium level HDI, middle incomes, a huge but partially high tech military and growing economic clout. Politically I believe that the United States is way ahead of China in terms of clout and influence. For China to first grow to match the United States and then overtake it and then to undermine it, is asking too much in a short period of time. This is not to say they dont have the capability, they do. But it wont be in the 21st century.

China liberalized its economy in 1978-79. 30 odd years of growth has brought hope and a bright future in sight. We shouldnt lose sight of reality though. A bright future is guaranteed. Not a superpower status. That will take time.And in that time, China would have to counter other countries like India, Russia etc too and a possible European Union.

Can any one imagine the road for China to become the Superpower? Will they be the expansionist like the America or will they be a Unionist like the European Union? Or is there a way for China to become a Superpower without pissing off everyone in its course? My wife seems to think it will be the first one, what do you people in this forum think?

Constructive Comment Welcome, Troll can leave now, thanks

First of all the Chinese must give up their inherent expansionist dreams, next, China must to act more responsibly with the world, and next, the Chinese must democratize of their country ...

China as a superpower? LOL, for some it may be a news, good or bad. Though from the Vietnamese point of view they have been as a overwhelming power since at least 2000 years!

Regardless of Imperial or Communism China, their shadow casts long over the history of Vietnam. In short, China is a country we learn a lot, and a country we fear most. The last 100 years were an exception in the Chinese history, actually it was just a snapshot of time. China just begins to gain the former status. Face it!

China? Superpower? The so called superpower got spanking in 1979 by a small nation named Vietnam. That so called superpower dont have guts to confront not only nuclear India and Japan. Citizen of this so called superpower have not basic rights which even African citizens have. Millions of poor are rotting in poverty in this so called superpower. China is laughing stock if they are claiming that they are next superpower.
Well if it ain't the loser from a country we beat down without breaking a sweat. Hey when you're not busy trash talking here, maybe you can donate money to feed all those starving kids in your country. We're better than you in every possible way. Remember that when you worship the cow in your slum next time.

First of all the Chinese must give up their inherent expansionist dreams, next, China must to act more responsibly with the world, and next, the Chinese must democratize of their country ...
Coming from a Viet, that's real funny. We "must"? You and what army?

I am happy that you can type here with your own will in Communist China. Oh wait. You are paid from CPC for that. :woot:
I'm surprised you got electricity to use your computer to begin with. So glad you took time off worshipping cows to tell us your worthless opinion. I wouldn't be able to go to sleep without it.

Coming from a Viet, that's real funny. We "must"? You and what army?

I'm surprised you got electricity to use your computer to begin with. So glad you took time off worshipping cows to tell us your worthless opinion. I wouldn't be able to go to sleep without it.

Its better to worship a Mao again. Wait you commies dont believe in god :coffee:

Holy crap...It's really scary to see a viet saying something like "inherent expansionist dream" and "democratize of the country"...

You guys can start hating the Chinese when they come and conquer you lot。

Before that,you‘d be better off leaving China alone。

Wait a minute! You lot might actually love and adore the Chinese when they make you slaves and take away your lands the way the european colonists did. Or like the Japanese who love the Americans so dearly, for the latter dropped two big bombs over the former's head.

The conclusion is this: in order for the Chinese to be loved and liked and adored, they must conquer the world and become the absolute rulers of this world, as were the europeans and now a days the Americans.

Then you lot would know where you belong and be happy ever after.

Lol, that's my point, people hate now adays American and the Old days's british

Well the Soviet Union doesnt exist anymore.

Thats the whole point.

If you need a country to become a superpower you need - very high HDI, high incomes, huge high tech militaries and most importantly - political and economic clout.

China has a medium level HDI, middle incomes, a huge but partially high tech military and growing economic clout. Politically I believe that the United States is way ahead of China in terms of clout and influence. For China to first grow to match the United States and then overtake it and then to undermine it, is asking too much in a short period of time. This is not to say they dont have the capability, they do. But it wont be in the 21st century.

China liberalized its economy in 1978-79. 30 odd years of growth has brought hope and a bright future in sight. We shouldnt lose sight of reality though. A bright future is guaranteed. Not a superpower status. That will take time.And in that time, China would have to counter other countries like India, Russia etc too and a possible European Union.

I would have to say the fall of Soviet Russia is because well, they ran out of money............

I do not think the same will happen to the Chinese if they ever become a Superpower.

The problem is IF China were to become a superpower do you think they will be as hated as the Current US or more, or less?

Act responsibile for the world will not become a superpower, act on their own behalf will........

The real question is, how many people will Chinese pissed off before getting to that point?

China as a superpower? LOL, for some it may be a news, good or bad. Though from the Vietnamese point of view they have been as a overwhelming power since at least 2000 years!

Regardless of Imperial or Communism China, their shadow casts long over the history of Vietnam. In short, China is a country we learn a lot, and a country we fear most. The last 100 years were an exception in the Chinese history, actually it was just a snapshot of time. China just begins to gain the former status. Face it!

So you are saying an incident like the Economic collaspe with japan will bump the Chinese back down to merely a regional power?
You do know after the fall of soviet union, the next in line was Japan but the economic bubble burst in the 90s force them to relegate the position to someone else, and to this date, it is not bounced back yet.

The term superpower is defined as an international entity that have a great influence in global politics, have large amount of food reserve, large military force, nuclear destruction power, stand off economic advantage, large population, ample development capability and limited cultural reference.

Curiously most Chinese do not think they will become Superpower anytime soon, and most western scholar think otherwise.

Personally I see China including its huge overseas people as entity is capable or has potential to fulfill all of the criteria you have mentioned. Only one thing China hardly catches up with the US at present and in the future, the soft power: winning friends and allies on over the world.

As soon as the Chinese realise that and act accordingly, the American will face a tough competion for supremacy.

The rst has turn into a water war again.......

Chinese to become a superpower will have ensure energy security as well as allies in China's neighborhood.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom