What's new

China hints Japan to be invited to war memorial parade

Asia, indeed, is unique in its own way. Northeast Asia, to be exact, has its own unique social etiquette, and cultural norms that are absolutely foreign to Western culture (and vice versa), in essence the issue of solemnity , silence in shame, and reticence is a main factor that defines Japanese (East Asian) culture in regards to the war.

As I have explained it in hundreds of posts i have written regarding this issue, it is complex and humbling for us.

Regards, my friend.

People are essentially the same. I met Canadians and Americans who wouldn't speak a word if not spoken too, and I met Asians who party a lot harder than Ronaldo(fat).

The uniqueness lies in the situation, not people or culture. In fact I seen Japanese politicians throw chairs, I have never seen an American politician do the same.

Japanese don't need to feel shame, however they do need to move on, and they haven't. The Germans have, you know how I know that. They don't give a damn about the war, or anything, if Israel want to make a fuss, make one, make all the apologies necessary, and go on robbing people with their awesome and expensive, but unreliable cars.

Renounce the Kono statement, denying the Nanjing Massacre, putting war criminals in the Shrine, changing history, are these really the things Japan need in order to survive.

People are essentially the same. I met Canadians and Americans who wouldn't speak a word if not spoken too, and I met Asians who party a lot harder than Ronaldo(fat).

The uniqueness lies in the situation, not people or culture. In fact I seen Japanese politicians throw chairs, I have never seen an American politician do the same.

Japanese don't need to feel shame, however they do need to move on, and they haven't. The Germans have, you know how I know that. They don't give a damn about the war, or anything, if Israel want to make a fuss, make one, make all the apologies necessary, and go on robbing people with their awesome and expensive, but unreliable cars.

Renounce the Kono statement, denying the Nanjing Massacre, putting war criminals in the Shrine, changing history, are these really the things Japan need in order to survive.

Point taken , amigo. As for the Kono Statement, no one will renounce that. Yohei Kono, 78, a former deputy prime minister who retired from politics in 2009, said that when Mr. Abe commemorates the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II, he should repeat past expressions of remorse over Japan’s wartime aggression and abuses. Every Minister of Japan has kept in line with the Kono Statement since it was made , and it will remain that way. Abe, tho he may attract voices from the right wing, is expected to stay the course and keep with the spirit of Japanese pacifism of the war , and the overwhelming number of Japanese population of 128 million believe that Kono Statement should be kept. And it will.

Despite differences from the right wings of both our countries, I am very optimistic that China and Japan will work together to keep stability and peace. Politics will be politics, but we should be able to see through the veneer of political pleasantries. As i said before in a post in this thread --- our two nations have existed together and maintained relations for over 2500 years. What we are living now is just a drop of sand in the bucket that is Japanese-Chinese diplomacy. Ours is an ancient relationship, one that has, more less been defined as brotherly rivalry, yet despite the historical rivalry, most of these 2500 years was defined as peaceful with a rich trade, and cultural legacy.

Remember, even before there was an America, before there was an Ottoman Empire, before the British Empire, before the Holy Roman Empire, before the Islamic Caliphate..... there already was Japanese-Chinese diplomatic relations. That is how ancient our relationship is.....and that is why i am optimistic this relationship will continue on another 2, 3, 4 thousand years to come. :)

Japan shouldn't be invited :tdown: its disrespectful to the Victims of the Japans invasion, nice words are going to change those memories.

On the contrary, I believe it will shows a lot of humility to on the Japanese side if prominent members of Japanese society will go to the parade. Afterall, to visit a parade that celebrates the victory over Japanese aggression is silent confirmation on the Japanese part that they believe the war against China was indeed a war of aggression.

Whether Japan will take the offer is unknown, but China is offering Japan a once in a decade chance for reconciliation.

Actually, I think most Japanese except for a few red-necks are rather ashamed of the war history.
In Japanese culture, as well as Asian culture, you don't mention things you are ashamed of.

For example, China never mentions the excesses of the Maoist era, the Tienanmen Square massacre, the death of 20 million during Taiping rebellion, the massacre of Muslim populations during its conquest of Central Asia.

Japan will brag nonstop about things they are proud of, like Russo-Japanese war, its economy, ect, but deep down, most Japanese feels deep sorrow for WW2, which is why they avoid mentioning it, even though it plays such a pivotal role in shaping their modern culture.

For instance, Japan's peace constitution was actually suggested by the Japanese PM, it was a way for Japan to express its desire to regain the trust of the international community. Despite being the most developed Asian nation, Japan tried its best to establish relations with other Asian nations as equals, rather than as a superior, by restraining its own military power. There might be some minority elements in Japan that sees article 9 as its nation's humiliation, but the fact that it is still around after 70 years is perhaps a testimony to the fact that most Japanese people truly believe in resolving international disputes without war.

Take care of your own biz, the black open fire again.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom