What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

Hong Kong also bought these CRH380ALs::coffee:

094625v36xaglf223bu2gx.jpg.thumb.jpg

for HSR between HK and SZ that's scheduled to open in 2014。

Hong Kong to Beijing in less than 9 hours。:azn:

It shall be scheduled to open in 2016 instead.

No signs corruption becoming more rampant in HK: advisory committees

display_image.php

HONG KONG: The advisory committees that oversee Hong Kong's anti-graft body, the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC), have said that there are no signs corruption is becoming more rampant in the territory.

In the first 11 months of 2012, the number of complaints received by the ICAC went up by only 2 per cent.

The territory, however, experienced a number of high profile corruption cases this year.

The ICAC had received complaints about former Chief Executive Donald Tsang, who admitted to receiving trips on private planes and yachts.

Billionaire brothers Raymond and Thomas Kwok were also arrested in March on bribery charges

"The fact that these cases were being investigated and charged shows that our system is at work," said Laura Cha, Chairwoman of the Advisory Committee on Corruption.

"In the short-term, yes, it affected our image. But… it is an indication and vindication of how the ICAC's work is taken seriously," she added.

The ICAC was a turning point for corruption in Hong Kong in the 1970s, where it helped the territory emerge from the control of organised crime. Hong Kong currently enjoys a reputation for being one of the cleanest places to do business in.

Hong Kong however dropped two places in Transparency International's 2012 Corruption Perception Index.

It is now ranked 14th in the world, its worst showing since 2007.

The review committee also highlighted a rise in the number of cases relating to the financial sector; complaints relating to the financial sector rose 14 per cent this year.

Mainland companies listed in Hong Kong were singled out as culprits.

"Listed companies try to siphon money through bogus acquisitions and other financial schemes. It's an area where the stock exchange and the SFC (Securities and Futures Commission) have a lot of input, and it's also an area where the investigations are time consuming," said Michael Sze, Chairman of the Operations Review Committee.

No signs corruption becoming more rampant in HK: advisory committees - Channel NewsAsia

Jackie Chan suggests protests in his native city should be restricted

display_image.php

Jackie Chan criticism sparks Hong Kong fight-back - Channel NewsAsia

I agree, people in Hong Kong should realize the city is a Chinese city, nothing more and nothing less, and should work toward the benefits of the city and the country. We are Chinese people and citizens and let us not be divided by some fancy ideas from some foreigners put to us. If we want changes we must seek changes from within with the intentions of unity of the country and the people.

Jackie Chan is outdated in Hongkong and nobody take him seriously.

It shall be scheduled to open in 2016 instead.

Jackie Chan is outdated in Hongkong and nobody take him seriously.

Hong Kong should take a leaf out of Singapore‘s book。:azn:

10.12.2012 West Kowloon terminus construction

IMG_6806.jpg

Futian Station to be finished in July 2014

FUTIAN Station on the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong express rail line will be completed in July 2014, officials said.

The station will be the largest underground station in China when completed. It will take about 14 minutes to travel from Futian to Kowloon in Hong Kong when the line opens in 2015.

Futian Station is part of Futian Transport Hub, which will also offer Metro, bus and taxi services.

In another development, the Shenzhen section of Shenzhen-Xiamen Railway has completed construction equivalent to 80 percent of investment and is expected to open at the end of 2013.

To those who say the Chinese have copied - (and hell they do a damn good job on it), can we also go back in history and look at the number of fighter a/c of the 1st / 2nd WW that all looked similar ? We had US/Brit/Germ/Jap fighters that had a similar silhouette - if not copied.
What is your opinion on independence movement in Honk Kong??? Have you notice the Hong Kong resident refer China mainlander as lucust??? Do you think military action has to take place by the CCP to stop the movement???

@Dandpatta

Last edited by a moderator:
The independence movement in HK is nothing but a wet dream woven by pan-democrats. There is no way HK can survive on its own as an 'independent'. Besides, since 1997, majority of the population in HK has come to terms with China and the mainland Chinese investment in HK. And what will HK depend on? Inflated property prices and the huge tax income that comes from commerical deals pertaining to the bubble of astronomical real estate? Will it survive on its corrupt govt insider-dealers?

Now your question about military action ! If you take military action against a hypothetical scenario of pro independence movement, it will be the very first death-knell for China. Yes you can show your military power to the world in putting down rebellions but for that to happen in a place like HK would blunt your respect (whatever it is) that you as a nation has garnered in the world so far.

And mind you - HK pro independence movement is pretty peaceful. No incidences of violence have been reported and no one has been killed so far on either side of the fence. So the wet dream of sending military action is - trust me - death of China's self respect. You don't kill your own people for voice of dissent.

Do you live in Hong Kong so that you are opposing a military action??? Don't worry, Chinese has a tradition of "foreigner first" policy, foreigner wont be harm in any case including a potential military action against Hong Kong resident,

China did not earn any respect from the world by far, the world has long label China/ Chinese as dog eater, communist, human right abuse, nature of copying, looks ugly, cheap labors, unreliable made in China, easy Chinese girls, therefore, China barely lost any reputation by launch a strategic bombing against Hong Kong, because thats what China does not has much at the beginning.

its not mainland China love the Hong Kong resident that much to let them sustain a different political system, Hong Kong is actually a showcase for Taiwan people in order to convince the Taiwan people reunification with mainland China peacefully is nothing but life would get nicer since the economic benefits and also very little political changes, they could enjoy freedom of speech, election as they always enjoy before,

It seems that it does not work, even a place like Hong Kong, a city with no history, with all the China stock to boost their finance industry, they hate mainland China that much, not to mention a place like Taiwan, relatively rich in culture and history, frankly, I have lost all faith in peacefully reunification with Taiwan consider the current situation in Hong Kong, I dont know what the next step the top CCP official would take, but personally, Im pro a full scale war, there is no choice.

Do you live in Hong Kong so that you are opposing a military action??? Don't worry, Chinese has a tradition of "foreigner first" policy, foreigner wont be harm in any case including a potential military action against Hong Kong resident,

China did not earn any respect from the world by far, the world has long label China/ Chinese as dog eater, communist, human right abuse, nature of copying, looks ugly, cheap labors, unreliable made in China, easy Chinese girls, therefore, China barely lost any reputation by launch a strategic bombing against Hong Kong, because thats what China does not has much at the beginning.

its not mainland China love the Hong Kong resident that much to let them sustain a different political system, Hong Kong is actually a showcase for Taiwan people in order to convince the Taiwan people reunification with mainland China peacefully is nothing but life would get nicer since the economic benefits and also very little political changes, they could enjoy freedom of speech, election as they always enjoy before,

It seems that it does not work, even a place like Hong Kong, a city with no history, with all the China stock to boost their finance industry, they hate mainland China that much, not to mention a place like Taiwan, relatively rich in culture and history, frankly, I have lost all faith in peacefully reunification with Taiwan consider the current situation in Hong Kong, I dont know what the next step the top CCP official would take, but personally, Im pro a full scale war, there is no choice.

So you support an all out war for reclaiming every disputed territory?

depends on how I define disputed territory, do you know Mongolia were China territory before 1926 and Vladivostok belongs to China before 1870??? Would I support a suicidal attack on super nuclear power Russia from China to try to take these place back??? of course not. if speaking of south China sea engaging those south east asian countries, a little bit bullets is not a bad idea. but i am not CCP official, its just my own opinion, and its play no role in the actual policy making by the CCP.

depends on how I define disputed territory, do you know Mongolia were China territory before 1926 and Vladivostok belongs to China before 1870??? Would I support a suicidal attack on super nuclear power Russia from China to try to take these place back??? of course not. if speaking of south China sea engaging those south east asian countries, a little bit bullets is not a bad idea. but i am not CCP official, its just my own opinion, and its play no role in the actual policy making by the CCP.

What about arunachal pradesh and the disputed islands with japan?

And ya, I know that.

Japan, no, the US and Japan are allies, also many Chinese earn living in Japan, India, no for now, need China mid course interceptor deployed, till then peace.

well, there are new problems for HK citizens after 1997, for example:

milk powder shortage / too many mainland visitors & property buyers ... but anyway, not serious

basically, many businessmen there are quite greed ...

they want sell high-priced high-quality goods to mainland customers for higher margin

sometimes, that's some sort of artificial shortages - bad for local citizens

Japan, no, the US and Japan are allies, also many Chinese earn living in Japan, India, no for now, need China mid course interceptor deployed, till then peace.

And after it is deployed?

Back
Top Bottom