What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

I fully blame the Chinese government for this.

They allowed Western NGO's (CIA organisations) to operate in Chinese territory and allowed it to spread like a cancer and now they have to pay the price for their stupidity.

I hope this protest goes violent and spreads like a cancer not just all over Hong Kong but to Mainland China aswell.
Maybe then the Chinese government will realise all Western NGO's should be banned from China.

Chinese government was stupid enough to allow these CIA run organisations to enter China, now face the consequences of stupid decisions.

They made their own bed, now sleep in it.

Chinese government is a very naive government. They think being nice will make others nice to you. They don't realise that being nice is a sign of weakness to enemies.

Same goes for that stupid no-first-use nuclear policy. Believe me, that stupid policy will come back to bite them on the a$$ one day.

Etc. These kids make trouble End,Their parents are unemployed.Together begging for a living.I think they do not want to go to school.Maybe they want to Rangers?

I fully blame the Chinese government for this.

They allowed Western NGO's (CIA organisations) to operate in Chinese territory and allowed it to spread like a cancer and now they have to pay the price for their stupidity.

I hope this protest goes violent and spreads like a cancer not just all over Hong Kong but to Mainland China aswell.
Maybe then the Chinese government will realise all Western NGO's should be banned from China.

Chinese government was stupid enough to allow these CIA run organisations to enter China, now face the consequences of stupid decisions.

They made their own bed, now sleep in it.

Chinese government is a very naive government. They think being nice will make others nice to you. They don't realise that being nice is a sign of weakness to enemies.

Same goes for that stupid no-first-use nuclear policy. Believe me, that stupid policy will come back to bite them on the a$$ one day.

I actually think the Chinese govt is quite wise. The plan of letting their local people take care of their own mess is a good one. They know that time is on their side. The longer the sit-in lasts, the more the Hong Kong businesses will suffer, and the less the "silent" majority will remain tolerent and silent. You see, occupy's only chance of salvaging this losing chess match, is to provoke the Chinese military, and hopefully receive the sanctions they wanted from the west.

I was actually in Mongkok fighting the occupy with my bare hands. Not just talking on PDF. The occupy is a seriously funded and organized terrorist movement. Police are not really enough. I fully support PLA rolling in with armored personnel carriers and mowing down the occupy with machine guns. I want to see Nathan Road awash in a sea of red! At least half of HK population support occupy. A general purge of traitors is called for. I fear the HK government lacks the balls to crack down hard.

I was actually in Mongkok fighting the occupy with my bare hands. Not just talking on PDF. The occupy is a seriously funded and organized terrorist movement. Police are not really enough. I fully support PLA rolling in with armored personnel carriers and mowing down the occupy with machine guns. I want to see Nathan Road awash in a sea of red! At least half of HK population support occupy. A general purge of traitors is called for. I fear the HK government lacks the balls to crack down hard.

This is exactly what the occupiers protesters wants.

Occupy Central: Holding Hong Kong’s 'Silent Majority' Hostage

The majority of Hongkongers are against the protests, which pose a serious threat to the rule of law and social stability.

According to recent polls conducted by University of Hong Kong, as of October 2014, 54 percent of the interviewees in Hong Kong opposed “Occupy Central.” By contrast, only 27 percent of Hongkongers support this movement.

Interestingly, those who oppose the Occupy Central movement (including groups like “Silent Majority for Hong Kong”) have been quickly labeled as “pro-Beijing” by the “pan-democratic” camp in Hong Kong as well as the West. In general, the term “pro-Beijing” is used to differentiate these groups from others who identify as “pro-democratic” or “pan-democratic.” But this begs the question: Does being “pro-Beijing” naturally equate to a moral and legal “anti-democratic” stance? After all, the Occupy supporters are in the minority. Does the West believe that the minority’s violation of the rule of law and their destruction of social stability is a genuinely pure democracy? Should the Oxford Dictionary revise its definition of “democracy” to include the rule of the minority?

More....
Occupy Central: Holding Hong Kong’s ‘Silent Majority’ Hostage | The Diplomat

I actually think the Chinese govt is quite wise. The plan of letting their local people take care of their own mess is a good one. They know that time is on their side. The longer the sit-in lasts, the more the Hong Kong businesses will suffer, and the less the "silent" majority will remain tolerent and silent. You see, occupy's only chance of salvaging this losing chess match, is to provoke the Chinese military, and hopefully receive the sanctions they wanted from the west.

Exactly. Beijing has been quite wise to keep the issue as a local one, not important enough for a response by the central government, of which HK is a part. So the discourse now is:

1 . Jealousy of a city which once enjoyed an unproportional weight in China;s economic sphere.
2 . Young people's lack of employment opportunity which translates into frustration.
3 . The rest of China's explosive growth, which sort of trashes HK's narration of "Whoa, we are old British slaves of a new democracy, we are a superior race."

The protesters, in the end, will rot in the street as their ranks cracks, internal fight intensifies, and the funding dries down.

Beijing has money, patience and complete strategic hold on HK. They simply cannot get free from the clutches of the PLA dragon. So, why worry? Just use the incident as an opportunity to make fun of them, ridicule them, at times make them cry like bi***s sending a few cops with batons and Dr. Pepper, and let some Chinese business such as the aforementioned umbrella company grow and file for an IPO in HK!

Who would not call this justice from Heavens.

Cheers for HK police as barricades removed
Commuters and residents in Hong Kong plagued by traffic disruptions triggered by 20 days of illegal sit-ins cheered on Friday as police partially reopened key roads.

7427ea210acc15ac083404.jpg
Residents applaud as traffic flow resumes in Mong Kok, Hong Kong, on Friday after police cleared a protest zone in a dawn raid. KIN CHEUNG / ASSOCIATED PRESS

Three-way traffic at Kowloon’s busiest intersection resumed after a police operation early in the day. However, southbound traffic at the junction remains blocked by the protesters.

A 40-year-old newspaper hawker surnamed To, who works near Mong Kok subway station, said she is delighted that she can finally travel home by bus.

“I live miles away and have had to transfer several times to get home. Trains have been overcrowded and my traveling time had more than doubled,” To said.

She said deliveries to her stall on Friday had been on time for the first time in weeks and sales had increased by more than 30 percent.

Lee Tak, a 57-year-old security guard who works in the evenings, said he hopes the protesters will end their disruption at night.

Some workers remained cautious, saying there are still delays and diversions as some protesters remain on the streets.

Police removed barricades at the Kowloon intersection, but about 200 protesters returned shortly before noon to reoccupy the south side, which remains closed to traffic.

A group of protesters also attempted to reoccupy Lung Wo Road in Admiralty, the scene of a short-lived blockade on Wednesday evening.

Chief Superintendent Stephen Hui said police will not tolerate blocked roads or threats to public safety, adding that the force will take “resolute action”.

Hui said police have a duty to protect the public’s right to use roads and he also criticized radical protesters, accusing them of harassment.

He said the hit-and-run tactics being used by “flash mobs” have introduced a new level of chaos to the situation and these protesters have ignored the safety of other road users.

Hui said the public will not accept such acts and called on those responsible to reflect on the serious consequences of potential accidents resulting from the blockades.

He warned protesters not to imitate the “flash mob” tactics or to incite others to commit illegal acts online, saying there will be consequences for improper online conduct and that Internet users who trigger protests will be criminally liable.

Police say 38 officers were injured during operations to maintain public order, during which officers faced abuse from protesters.

This is exactly what the occupiers protesters wants.
The West thinks that China lacks the balls to act decisively. Prove them wrong. Never disregard the Stalin solution. Dead people never stand in your way. The occupy are trying to ruin Hong Kong for their foreign puppetmasters. Their crime is punishable by death.

Last edited:
The West thinks that China lacks the balls to act decisively. Prove them wrong. Never disregard the Stalin solution. Dead people never stand in your way. The occupy are trying to ruin Hong Kong for their foreign puppetmasters. Their crime is punishable by death.

So, in your unassailable wisdom, pray tell us the best course of action ?

391 district council members call for an end to protests

Hundreds of district council members from Hong Kong have called on protesters to stop the "Occupy Central" movement. They said many major roads have been blocked for days, which has severely affected the city’s economy and social order.

"My colleagues from the district council have received a great number of complaints from local residents. The protests have made it very inconvenient to go to work or go to school. Especially for senior citizens, many of them don’t know what to do," said Yip Wing-shing, chairman of Central and Western District Council.

"The protest area in the Mong Kok is a very complicated area, which consists of many different people. Many residents say they feel afraid to go through the area on their way home, because they don’t know whether there will be clashes and if they will be affected," said Chung Kong Mo, chairman of Yau Tsim Mong Distric Council.

The 391 district council members jointly delivered a open letter to the protesters, saying although they were happy to see young people in Hong Kong showing concern about the region’s future, the Occupy Central movement was having a negative impact on people’s daily lives. The district members called for protesters to stop their activities and leave protest areas, to allow social order to return to normal.

Dialogue set for Tuesday despite Mong Kok clashes

Nearly 9,000 protesters attempted to reoccupy parts of Hong Kong’s Mong Kok district over the weekend, resulting in clashes that saw 33 arrested and 18 policemen injured.

At a press conference on Saturday, police said that demonstrators had clashed with police and resisted arrest. They condemned the demonstrators’ actions as “violent” and “illegal”.

They also said that the protesters’ actions contradicted their claims that they were behaving peacefully.

Despite the clashes, dialogue between the Hong Kong SAR government and representatives of the student protesters has been set for Tuesday, with the participation of five members from each side.

The region’s Chief Secretary, Carrie Lam on Saturday stressed the government’s sincerity toward the talks and said she was eager to have the meeting.

Confirmed as attending the meeting will be Carrie Lam herself as well as the Secretary for Justice, Rimsky Yuen and the Secretary for Constitutional Affairs, Raymond Tam.

Meanwhile, transit officials have reported that half of Hong Kong’s bus services have been affected by the protests.

Protesters remain at three major sites: Mong Kok, Causeway Bay and Central, despite that their numbers fluctuate in size. Attempts by the Hong Kong police to clear the roads and restore traffic have often been met with heavy resistance from the occupiers.

In the meanwhile, London police seem to have much little patience with those who disturb public peace.

#TarpaulinRevolution: London police storm Parliament Square occupation
Published time: October 20, 2014 11:34

london.si.jpg

Screenshot from youtube by Occupy London TV

Austerity, Clashes, Human rights,Opposition, Police, Politics, Protest, Rally,UK, Violence
Police arrested one man and others were injured after hundreds of officers applied force in attempts to evict Occupy Democracy protesters from Parliament Square on Sunday night.

Following two days of peaceful occupation and protest, dubbed the #TarpaulinRevolution and #OccupyTarpaulin on Twitter, over one hundred police officers descended on the group, using force to seize the tarpaulins making up their makeshift camp.

On social media there were reports of officers kicking protesters. One activist described the levels of force used to remove the tarpaulins as “unnecessary.”

Police claimed demonstrations had violated the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011, which states that possessing items that could be used for sleeping in Parliament Square is illegal.

One protester set up a live video feed of the violence on the website Bambuser, and others quickly reported the extreme measures taken by the police.

Police issued a 30 minute warning to the activists, who were told to leave or face arrest, before they began forcibly removing the tarpaulins. The use of force caused outcry on social media, with claims that police measures were disproportionate.

Self-styled radical Russell Brand was spotted amongst the crowd delivering pizza, eager to shed the label of “bogus revolutionary” given to him by Piers Morgan in a recent Twitter spat.

The protests were initially staged in solidarity with Occupy Democracy in Hong Kong. Scenes of Chinese police brutality have sparked outrage on social media.

Protesters accused Prime Minister David Cameron of hypocrisy. They pointed out that Cameron had spoken out in defense of the Hong Kong protesters last Wednesday, yet had employed force to quell domestic protests.

Cameron’s support for the Hong Kong movement came after footage was released on the October 14 of Hong Kong police applying force to control demonstrators.

One activist’s blog commented, “If a progressive movement can gauge the effect it’s having from the response of the State, then the Unions should be ashamed of themselves, and the Occupy movement should be cheering loudly.”

Still surrounded, some occupiers dragged away, hundreds of police #parliamentsquare #occupydemocracy

11:24 AM - 18 Oct 2014

同胞们,看着这群傻吊,大家有没有一种智商上的优越感?

Back
Top Bottom