What's new

China is the new education hub

^^

I think getting into Imperial, Kings College or Manchester will be easier and worth the investment. What do you say?

If you are looking at engineering or Science then Imperial, Kings College and Manchester are certainly good, but Imperial, and Kings College have international reputation.

But if you are trying for UK , then apart from Imperial, and Kings try for UCL, Oxford and Cambridge.

I say the best universities in UK (Science & Engineering) in descending order are

1.Oxford and Cambridge (You can never go wrong :))
2.Imperial
3.Kings
4.UCL
5.Manchester

Economics, Business and Commerce in descending order are

1. London Schools of economics & London Business School (You can never go wrong :))
2. Oxford
3. Cambridge
4. Imperial
5. Warwick/ Manchester

^^^

Got selected in University of Southampton from MS in Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology, didn't join because of the new VISA rules of no after study job. Even ECS of Southampton is world renowned, well, that's what i heard.

^^^

Got selected in University of Southampton from MS in Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology, didn't join because of the new VISA rules of no after study job. Even ECS of Southampton is world renowned, well, that's what i heard.

Yes, the new VISA rules sucks. If you are not getting into Oxford, Cambridge, LSE or LBS, it is not worth studying in UK. Better look for US or Australia or even France, and Germany

Yes, the new VISA rules sucks. If you are not getting into Oxford, Cambridge, LSE or LBS, it is not worth studying in UK. Better look for US or Australia or even France, and Germany

US or Canada is what i'm targeting this time, lets see what happens. :pop: :enjoy:

ISTANBUL UNIVERSITY 1453

img_2500.jpg

Good luck, and keep us informed about your progress :)

Thanks, applied in Waterloo and Alberta. Result should be out within a month and a half.

If nothing happens then will sit for GRE, already have TOEFL score in hand, shouldn't be much of a problem to get into US. Anyway, how do you convert GPA of 7.45 on scale of 10, to US/Canada GPA on a scale of 4?

stay in your own country dont be inferior , aim for the best in your own country

You don't have any idea about the competition we have to face to get admission into India's best universities, the amount of hard work one has to put to get into IIT can easily get him to UC Berkeley, Stanford or Caltech with full scholarships. Such is the competition.

Thanks, applied in Waterloo and Alberta. Result should be out within a month and a half.

If nothing happens then will sit for GRE, already have TOEFL score in hand, shouldn't be much of a problem to get into US. Anyway, how do you convert GPA of 7.45 on scale of 10, to US/Canada GPA on a scale of 4

You don't have any idea about the competition we have to face to get admission into India's best universities, the amount of hard work one has to put to get into IIT can easily get him to UC Berkeley, Stanford or Caltech with full scholarships. Such is the competition.

It is hard to convert GPA of 7.45 on a scale of 10 into US/Canadian GPA, leave that to the Universities. Anyway highlight where you stand in the overall ranking in your class.If you are in top 25% of the class, everything should be fine.

It is hard to convert GPA of 7.45 on a scale of 10 into US/Canadian GPA, leave that to the Universities. Anyway highlight where you stand in the overall ranking in your class.If you are in top 25% of the class, everything should be fine.

I was among top 10-15% but it's safe to assume 20%, as GPA's keeps on fluctuating . But my professors and head of the dept wrote among top 10% in their recommendation letters. :D

waste...if u learn MBA in China, at least not worth for people intending to work in democractic countres like India or US....so, chinese MBA is good for Chianese kinda model...for ex. North Korea....

China will naturally become the leader of technology, innovation and education as its global stature and economic might rises. Its a natural phenomenon and not anything surprising. Offcourse people from some wanna be hyper power country will feel jelous of china. :)

hey royal,

Just going to share some facts about the CEIBS MBA: 85 per cent of CEIBS' MBA students get jobs in China after they graduate. The placement rate is 94 per cent, three months after graduation and the average salary for international students was around RMB 586,000 (US$90,000) compared to RMB 486,000 for local students. On average MBA graduates experience a 91 per cent salary rise!

In terms of teaching, they recently appointed Prof. John A Quelch, as their new Dean - a heavyweight who has taught at Harvard Business School and was Dean of London Business School.

The school is now working hard to different itself by offering a unique programme taught by faculty from around the world, a powerful 12,000-strong alumni network including thousands of C-suite executives thanks to its Executive MBA, a CEIBS entrance admissions test that you can take in place of the GMAT. Around 30 per cent of MBA students receive some kind of scholarship.

Pretty good right?!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom