What's new

China marks 50 years since Cultural Revolution with silence

Sorry, here or there? did I say?

The point? you have said you prefer Qing to Mao, if I am not wrong, to back your point that Qing is greater than Mao, I said you should live in later Qing, to back my point that, Mao at least lead Chinese stand up, not like later Qing, like a slave, or poor.

The analogy is not started by me,

Seems you want me out of mind, if you like, you can think that, doesn't matter!
people stand up and die,lol.I don't go to uganda because Uganda is better than North korea.ridiculous.Chinese nowaday is far worse than many dynasties in their times,that is a fact and so come the words“中华民族复兴梦”.Whatever,this conversation with you is meaningless and I will stop here.

people stand up and die,lol.I don't go to uganda because Uganda is better than North korea.ridiculous.Chinese nowaday is far worse than many dynasties in their times,that is a fact and so come the words“中华民族复兴梦”.Whatever,this conversation with you is meaningless and I will stop here.
I think so, too, :coffee:

Actually there are some chinese people think Culture revolution is good,And there are no men starved to death in the Great leap forward.you can't deny that.I didn't said it's you.As for how to be a leader,well,one don't try to find how to squeeze the employee for the boss when himself is an employee.过着底层人民的生活,操着主子怎么压榨自己的心,that is ridiculous.

Sure,some may think CR is good because peasants were able to get revenge on the rich folks at the time. I'm sure in today's US, the 99% would not mind killing off some 1%ers.

But why just use that as a basis to judge Mao's reign? I know the starvation of many people during the early 50s-62 but that was due to lingering effect of internal strife for over 60 years, plus Jap invasion, ww2, etc. To blame the millions of starved peasants on Mao is unjust and backed by western propaganda.

You know what's even funny is that westerners at the time fear a weak China under Mao than a strong China of today.

Sure,some may think CR is good because peasants were able to get revenge on the rich folks at the time. I'm sure in today's US, the 99% would not mind killing off some 1%ers.

But why just use that as a basis to judge Mao's reign? I know the starvation of many people during the early 50s-62 but that was due to lingering effect of internal strife for over 60 years, plus Jap invasion, ww2, etc. To blame the millions of starved peasants on Mao is unjust and backed by western propaganda.

You know what's even funny is that westerners at the time fear a weak China under Mao than a strong China of today.
A militarily agressive country is surely more fearsome even though the country is very poor.Most of dynasty/country that just created in fire and blood is surely more fearsome than a wealthy and harmonious country.If that is your point then I agree with you,but it doesn't have much thing to do with this thread.

Last edited:
A militarily agressive country is surely more fearsome even though the country is very poor.Every dynasty/country that created in fire and blood is surely more fearsome than a wealthy and harmonious country.If that is your point then I agree with you,but it doesn't have much thing to do with this thread.
I'm merely pointing out that Mao was a great leader that westerners (including governments) feared and respected at the same time. Little Viets and Pinoys don't even fear modern China.

An example would be Russia. They are nowhere close to its former self the USSR but because of Putin, the west fear him.

Last edited:
I'm merely pointing out that Mao was a great leader that westerners (including governments) feared and respected at the same time. Little Viets and Pinoys don't even fear modern China.
I don't think judging a leader is whether "great" or "bad" by if he is military agressive or not is right.In this case,North korea leaders,Saddam,Kaddafi would be all great.That is clearly bullshit.I judge if a leader is good or not by how people lives fristly.And I don't worship leaders like many Chinese do.

The story could very well be true so as many more human tragedies during the CR, but they were not Mao's intention.
You raise the old question in ethics between the intent of one's actions and their effects. However, given Mao's record - specifically the millions who starved and were impoverished in the Great Leap Forward - it is my judgement that Mao does not deserve the benefit of doubt: he had a pretty good idea of the human suffering involved.

CR is the only none-war event in recent past that has a profound impact in human history -
The Soviet and Maoist collectivizations killed so many tens of millions that their economic and demographic impacts changed the histories - perhaps destinies - of both China and Russia.

- and it will be studied in coming decades or even centuries. It is way too soon to label it one way or the other.
Mao recognized the CR as a near-total failure. If anything, it was counterproductive, for its senseless terror re-established the desire for the stability offered by a lasting establishment, family structure, and practical bureaucratic institutions at the expense of Communist ideology.

Good job to put all death on them, seems without them, people will live rich and well, hehe.

Whether they are heros, or stay in the trash bin of history, not decided by you American or Indian, seems you think you are somebody, you are?

These two great men of course is not liked by your western, Mao kick American and Indian ***, of course, you hate him, sorry, they don't care your attitude to them, in his eyes, you are nobody, even in my eyes, you too,

They are always great man, the hero in their people, be remembered by their people, but you are not even qualified in the trash bin of history.:coffee:

Hehe, largest? Maybe Qing made great achievement, they also lost great land, be bullied by foreigner, but Mao lead Chinese stand up, Mao made blunder, also make great contribution to China, Qing too, If Mao is nothing, hehe, Who is something?

You should better live in late Qing, if you can.

He wants China to turn into the weak Qing Dynasty who kept getting raped by the westerners.

The late Qing Dynasty was also a disgrace, not much better than the ROC.

People stand up.They were slave of local lords and emporer,then CCP become their new and only master.What a great change,lol.

Last edited:
People stand up.They were slave of local lords and emporer,then CCP become their new and only master.What a great change,lol.

Yup, and the next party to knock down CCP will be new master and so forth. What is your point? You sound like a very typical Taiwanese btw.

Almost everyone is a slave whether you know it or not, like it or not. Ignorance is bliss.

He wants China to turn into the weak Qing Dynasty who kept getting raped by the westerners.

At least Qing with low technology still tried to stand up against foreign aggression whereas Chiang Kai shek and his ROC cowards just picked on poor peasants and intentionally tried to avoid fighting the Jap.

From his comments, you can feel, he hate CCP too much, think we are slave of CCP, no difference between CCP and Qing, he just don't want be slave, I think, he should not be CCP, let alone official.

If you were peasant in Qing, you know how big China were, you care? hehe, what you most worry about was your land(if you have), and hope the land lord and official didn't trouble you. want be master? first you should have that capability.

He think other country are better than China, and hope China can rich and "good" as USA, but forget USA are developed country, China is not, USA and western can be rich now, because their father, grandfather and predecessor work hard, and underwent similar experience that we undergoing now, they think American, Japanese were or are not "slave".

CCP is not perfect, should be criticized, it made great blunder in developing China, but also make great achivement in leading China, both can't deniable, you think you are slave of CCP, but without CCP, you think you are not the slave of other organization? they can do better than CCP? talking is very easy.

I don't like CCP, but I support it, I dislike Mao, but I still respect him.

This thread is about Mao, should not expand to far,

3tb_160517144703v9c3512293.png

You can find it in 103th page of 1983年统计年鉴,Appearently population of China reduced by 14 millions in 59-61.You can have a wild guess about how many people were starved to death in those years.

I prefer Qing empire much more.After all,they conquered the largest landmass in the whole Chinese history.Compared to Qing dinasty,mao is nothing.

Some people try to deny facts..
Cultural Revolution did have some benefits but its harm shouldn't be ignored.
Persecute and rob famous&great literatis,vandalize cultural relics.
Some great literatis even commit suicide..For example,老舍,傅雷(couple),woman pianist 顾圣婴,and even athlete 傅其芳..

Moreover,the Communist Party is extremely corrupt,I wonder why they can not tolerate others for even saying a bit of bad thing about CCP.
(The richest people in China--王健林,his father used to be governer of Tibet..
Xi's brother invested in Wang's company and involved in the Panama Papers..)

Some great literatis even commit suicide..For example,老舍,傅雷(couple),woman pianist 顾圣婴,and even athlete 傅其芳..

Moreover,the Communist Party is extremely corrupt,I wonder why they can not tolerate others for even saying a bit of bad thing about CCP.

Xi's brother, nothing to do with Xi Jinping--enough said. Corruption is not just limited to CPC. In the west corruption is like this. Headline news show "$1 billion is missing or unaccounted for after government audit." No one is arrested. It's in the news for two days. People are upset, calling radio stations talk show expressing their rage. One week later it's on to the next news. No culprits arrested and the money is still missing.

Just because your name appears on Panama paper it doesn't mean you are a thief or in trouble. Smart people take advantage of loopholes and grey area tax laws in their country to move their money to a tax haven area. Tax avoidance is not a crime, only tax evasion is.

P

I don't think judging a leader is whether "great" or "bad" by if he is military agressive or not is right.In this case,North korea leaders,Saddam,Kaddafi would be all great.That is clearly bullshit.I judge if a leader is good or not by how people lives fristly.And I don't worship leaders like many Chinese do.

A leader should be judged by his contribution to the nation for the centuries that follows. The first emperor was a tyrant that cause the death of millions, but the unified state he created still stands and the unified language still benefit the nation today. On the other hand, Song was the height of Chinese economy and culture, but Song emperors were grossly incompetent and we saw the starting point of the decline of the Chinese civilization and consequently the suffering of Han for centuries that followed. From what I see, the PRC Mao established signifies a turning point for China ever since the Song dynasty. If Chinese squander their chance to rise, then continued suffer they will for the centuries to follow.

helloperator9_1371803160.png

Xi's brother, nothing to do with Xi Jinping--enough said. Corruption is not just limited to CPC. In the west corruption is like this. Headline news show "$1 billion is missing or unaccounted for after government audit." No one is arrested. It's in the news for two days. People are upset, calling radio stations talk show expressing their rage. One week later it's on to the next news. No culprits arrested and the money is still missing.

Just because your name appears on Panama paper it doesn't mean you are a thief or in trouble. Smart people take advantage of loopholes and grey area tax laws in their country to move their money to a tax haven area. Tax avoidance is not a crime, only tax evasion is.

P

That's Xi's brother-in-law, the husband of his older sister.

The Panama paper revealed the business activities of his sister and brother-in-law prior to his presidency.

That paper also accused Putin's 200 billion graft, but did the Russian people in general give a crap?

Back
Top Bottom