What's new

China marks 50 years since Cultural Revolution with silence

Me, myself honestly disagree with Mao's CR, but what the heck since I'm non-mainland Chinese. Being leader of a nation is living with controversy, all attention is on you, some want you fall, the other adore you that from domestic and foreign
Policy that created by the leader very influenced by various situation and time factor that his facing. Mostly just simply doing their job, and for few that is idealistic. But above of all good or bad of CR and Mao, today China is carved out of it, like it or not today China that you see and stand above it, evolve from her CR past.

Yup, and the next party to knock down CCP will be new master and so forth. What is your point? You sound like a very typical Taiwanese btw.

Almost everyone is a slave whether you know it or not, like it or not. Ignorance is bliss.

At least Qing with low technology still tried to stand up against foreign aggression whereas Chiang Kai shek and his ROC cowards just picked on poor peasants and intentionally tried to avoid fighting the Jap.
Yeah,everyone is a slave.It's just someone here try to deny it by saying people stop being slaves and stand up,don't you see?

A leader should be judged by his contribution to the nation for the centuries that follows. The first emperor was a tyrant that cause the death of millions, but the unified state he created still stands and the unified language still benefit the nation today. On the other hand, Song was the height of Chinese economy and culture, but Song emperors were grossly incompetent and we saw the starting point of the decline of the Chinese civilization and consequently the suffering of Han for centuries that followed. From what I see, the PRC Mao established signifies a turning point for China ever since the Song dynasty. If Chinese squander their chance to rise, then continued suffer they will for the centuries to follow.
Well you can say that,Just like Qing emperors should not be judged by how they butdhered millions of han people.
But You idea is so old,so primitive.Mordern China is not biuld by Emperor mao alone like some mao worshipers have said.That is ridiculous.
It's just something is too close to be ignored.Someone here says those tens of millions are some sort of sacrifice,talking like they are some sort of animals or insects.Well,it's not they or their family died in those incidents,so I guess no one cares.
They just like to see the big picture like thay are the leader himself and the ordinary peole are some irrelative ants who doesn't matter at all even though they can't do sh!t about that and even when their family members died in those incidents,they just don't care.

Some people try to deny facts..
Cultural Revolution did have some benefits but its harm shouldn't be ignored.
Persecute and rob famous&great literatis,vandalize cultural relics.
Some great literatis even commit suicide..For example,老舍,傅雷(couple),woman pianist 顾圣婴,and even athlete 傅其芳..

Moreover,the Communist Party is extremely corrupt,I wonder why they can not tolerate others for even saying a bit of bad thing about CCP.
(The richest people in China--王健林,his father used to be governer of Tibet..
Xi's brother invested in Wang's company and involved in the Panama Papers..)
A dictator would not tolerate others.But just like the famous fairytale The Emperor's New Clothes.,everyone knows but as long as there is no one talk,the emperor is OK with that.

Last edited:
Mao never get any kind of punishment for the great leap forward and the Cultrue revolution.until he is dead.All the Chinese were his personal slaves in fact.People don't have any kind of political right and even were banned from going to other cities without permission.Even today,some people still have the mind set of slaves.Good master or bad master?Well He is our master,slaves don't have the right to punish the master even he starved tens of millions of peasants,they are just some cattles who doesn't matters.as long as his dynasty goes well,they can even be called as a good leade.,After all,mao is the master,good or bad.That's what they are thinking.做奴才做到了时时刻刻替主子想怎么压迫自己更好的地步也是少见了.How primitive and ridiculous they can be.
By the way,It's not me that want to ignore what mao have done some good thing for china like unifying the mainland.It's some guy here want to ignore the damage that great leap forward ,CR have done to China and exaggrate what mao have done.
It is a thread about Culture revolution,not about mao after all.Some people just can't wait to pull out what mao have done good to China to make people ignore the CR.
The last time I checked,mainland Chinese is still the poorest people in all Chinese in the world and NK war barely brings any good to China.
It's chinese people who devoloped the country,not some political parties.

Last edited:
Well you can say that,Just like Qing emperors should not be judged by how they butdhered millions of han people.
But You idea is so old,so primitive.Mordern China is not biuld by Emperor mao alone like some mao worshipers have said.That is ridiculous.
It's just something is too close to be ignored.Someone here says those tens of millions are some sort of sacrifice,talking like they are some sort of animals or insects.Well,it's not they or their family died in those incidents,so I guess no one cares.
They just like to see the big picture like thay are the leader himself and the ordinary peole are some irrelative ants who doesn't matter at all even though they can't do sh!t about that and even when their family members died in those incidents,they just don't care.

Yes, it is an idea as old as China, and it's what makes China China, and it is why Chinese civilization is still here today.

You mean the mind set of slave?

If that's what you think of your ancestors, then so be it. I just hope most people in China do not think like you, or the people of China shall forever be the slave of the west.

If that's what you think of your ancestors, then so be it. I just hope most people in China do not think like you, or the people of China shall forever be the slave of the west.
How I think China must be the slave of the west?ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom