What's new

China may extend its railway link to India

problum is not with china ...but with pakistan...

when you says we can get to middle east thrugh this route...then why you over looks the facts that pakistan has denid india to biuld roat link to afganistan through it....

That is the reason why i mentioned that since China is the initiator a framework to answer the untowardly incidents will be built in and seriously do u think Pakistan would like to jeopardize their relationship with China just to hurt us??? I don't think so.

Regarding the road link, it is a bilateral issues between us, and just as our politicians like to play with national interests some times to play the music in ears of citizens , the same has been done by them. However since this is not just about us two and includes so many parties, Pakistan will not miss out on this.

Also just think how costly it would be for us individually to build up this kind of linkages to all these countries and by using this infrastructure would open a plethora of new markets and ideas for development.

The Indian media yesterday was calling a new Chinese aggressive move

Yup, as it has been published by the ToI (let).

Now, Chinese rail link right up to Arunachal - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: China recently started work on extending its rail link in Lhasa to its border with Nepal, but for India it might just be a red herring.

In a development, which has alarmed officials and strategic community here, Beijing is simultaneously working on bringing its rail link right upto Nyangtri -- located on the border with Arunachal Pradesh and an area that China claims as its own.

Nyangtri is also the site where the Brahmaputra is proposed to be diverted northwards by the Chinese. The Chinese claim that the Nyangtri or Nyingchi prefecture includes some parts of Arunachal Pradesh. China proposes to build the largest dam in the world at this spot.

While the line to Xigaze near Tibet's border with Nepal will extend south-west from Lhasa, the line to Nyangtri will extend towards Arunachal in the south-east. China proposes to build as many as six big dams in the region on the Brahmaputra in addition to a dozen or so it has already constructed.

"There is no real evidence till now that Brahmaputra waters have been diverted northwards by China, but the massive infrastructure build up at Nyangtri, including this rail link which they are working on, near the Great Bend doesn't inspire confidence," said an Indian government official.

The Great Bend is the place, where the Brahmaputra takes a decisive turn and flows towards India.

Strategic affairs expert Brahma Chellaney describes the rail link to Nyangtri as a significant new development. "The building of the railway to this area is significant because of two reasons: China has unveiled plans to construct there the world's largest dam which will be more than twice bigger than Three Gorges Dam, now the world's largest dam, and also because it will strengthen China's rapid military deployment capability in the eastern (Arunachal) sector," said Chellaney, adding that China is in a position to rapidly move forces and strike at India whenever it wants to.

China's focus on expanding its railway south of Lhasa is alarming also because of reports that for the first time earlier this year "combat readiness material" meant for the PLA air force was transported to the region through the Tibet rail link. The PLA Daily recently reported that China conducted its first major parachute exercise in Tibet to demonstrate its capability to rapidly send troops on the world's highest plateau.

We are watching everything. We know why indian regime published this.

There would be huge opposition from IR. It will be moral blow to India if such thing ever happens. Hiring Chinese to build infrastructure is totally different. And so is inviting foreign companies to invest in India.

And did you say cheaply? Do you know how pricey a high-speed ride in China is compared to the regular ones? Are you saying a flight ticket would be costlier than on train?

I'd rather get state of the art technology from Japan rather than half-assed Chinese products.

I am unable to understand what IR stands for , could u please elaborate??

Are u deliberately trying to miss the point or ur just posting for the sake of posting ?? This is not for a joy ride my friend this is for trade purpose. Although civilian traffic cannot be ruled out in future.

Who said that Chinese technology is not state of the art?? Do u think Arnold Schwarznegger a governor there to be a fool to visit China to buy Speed trains for USA??

Wake up my friend patriotism is good and i appreciate u but practicality is also needed.

problum is not with china ...but with pakistan...

when you says we can get to middle east thrugh this route...then why you over looks the facts that pakistan has denid india to biuld roat link to afganistan through it....

And what we get if we allowed you to build a road link to Afghan though us..........More RAW and MOSSAD agents free to come our homeland........:hitwall:
Please justify

Yup, as it has been published by the ToI (let).

NEW DELHI: China recently started work on extending its rail link in Lhasa to its border with Nepal, but for India it might just be a red herring.

In a development, which has alarmed officials and strategic community here, Beijing is simultaneously working on bringing its rail link right upto Nyangtri -- located on the border with Arunachal Pradesh and an area that China claims as its own.

Nyangtri is also the site where the Brahmaputra is proposed to be diverted northwards by the Chinese. The Chinese claim that the Nyangtri or Nyingchi prefecture includes some parts of Arunachal Pradesh. China proposes to build the largest dam in the world at this spot.

While the line to Xigaze near Tibet's border with Nepal will extend south-west from Lhasa, the line to Nyangtri will extend towards Arunachal in the south-east. China proposes to build as many as six big dams in the region on the Brahmaputra in addition to a dozen or so it has already constructed.

"There is no real evidence till now that Brahmaputra waters have been diverted northwards by China, but the massive infrastructure build up at Nyangtri, including this rail link which they are working on, near the Great Bend doesn't inspire confidence," said an Indian government official.

The Great Bend is the place, where the Brahmaputra takes a decisive turn and flows towards India.

Strategic affairs expert Brahma Chellaney describes the rail link to Nyangtri as a significant new development. "The building of the railway to this area is significant because of two reasons: China has unveiled plans to construct there the world's largest dam which will be more than twice bigger than Three Gorges Dam, now the world's largest dam, and also because it will strengthen China's rapid military deployment capability in the eastern (Arunachal) sector," said Chellaney, adding that China is in a position to rapidly move forces and strike at India whenever it wants to.

China's focus on expanding its railway south of Lhasa is alarming also because of reports that for the first time earlier this year "combat readiness material" meant for the PLA air force was transported to the region through the Tibet rail link. The PLA Daily recently reported that China conducted its first major parachute exercise in Tibet to demonstrate its capability to rapidly send troops on the world's highest plateau.

We are watching everything. We know why indian regime published this.

You could have stopped with the article there, was there any need for that last sentence. Do u think TOI represents GOI's thinking or is it the mouthpiece of GOI?? Senior member like u talking like this is not at all healthy, do u want to turn this thread in to a troll fest??

Also u have been here around for a long time, what do u think is the credibility of TOI??

In a development, which has alarmed officials and strategic community here, Beijing is simultaneously working on bringing its rail link right upto Nyangtri -- located on the border with Arunachal Pradesh and an area that China claims as its own. .................

the talk of rail link is just to magnify the Arunachal Pradesh issue by china...

the indian officials and strategic expert are alarmed...

Last edited:
I'm for the pan-asia rail link, don't see it in the China vs India spectrum, lets study about the plan and give a thumbs up to it, if it is not going to threaten national security, unnecessary panic take us nowhere. What is the government stand on this?

There would be huge opposition from IR. It will be moral blow to India if such thing ever happens. Hiring Chinese to build infrastructure is totally different. And so is inviting foreign companies to invest in India.

And did you say cheaply? Do you know how pricey a high-speed ride in China is compared to the regular ones? Are you saying a flight ticket would be costlier than on train?

I'd rather get state of the art technology from Japan rather than half-assed Chinese products.

Go for it , Bhai !!!

China may extend its railway link to India

China has invited railway minister Mamata Banerjee to attend an international conference on high-speed rail system.

While, Railways is keen to introduce high-speed train service in the country, it is already operational in China.

"An invite from the Chinese embassy has come for her (Mamata) yesterday. She has been invited to speak at a global conference in Beijing on high-speed railway system," sources said.

The conference is slated to be held in the first week of December. If Mamata decides to go to China, it would be her first foreign visit after becoming the railway minister in 2009.

China invites Mamata to high-speed rail system conference - The Times of India

By virtue of its geographic location, China is in a position to connect South Asia with Russia/Siberia, Central Asia, East Asia and even Eastern Europe. It is heartening to see the emerging super power taking the initiative in this programme which can only benefit every one concerned. Well done China.

Can u please elaborate the defeat in this proposal if accepted by us??

This is the product of your media's fear mongering. When China built it's western highspeed rail system in Tibet, your media kept screaming 'CHINA AGGRESSION using highspeed rail'.

Now if this deal gets nixed by popular suspicion, you've not got anyone to blame but yourselves.

that means vice versa too.. India connecting to china via rail links.

No the title is correct. This is a proposal connecting China's highspeed rail network to cities in India. There are no comparable network on India's side.

I am unable to understand what IR stands for , could u please elaborate??
Are you from India? or some misplaced Chinese sympathizer?

Are u deliberately trying to miss the point or ur just posting for the sake of posting ?? This is not for a joy ride my friend this is for trade purpose. Although civilian traffic cannot be ruled out in future.
I could't wait to increase my post count to 30! Trade?? The HSR in China was primarily built for civilian traffic not freight!
High-speed rail in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do u think Arnold Schwarznegger a governor there to be a fool to visit China to buy Speed trains for USA??
Do you know where China got their technology from? The high speed rail project in CA is under a lot of criticism. They want to cut costs. Hence, China.

Wake up my friend patriotism is good and i appreciate u but practicality is also needed.
I am being realistic here. You will not see a Chinese built rail line on Indian land. There is already too much paranoia about Chinese and land grabbing. And much of it is warranted.

Hey, we at least have something called 'public media'. How's Canada btw?

No comment. Can an average Chinaman even afford to get on those HSR trains?

:no::no::no:

Just FYI if you want to go from Nanjing to Shanghai without stopping HSR trains are the only option. So yes the average Chinese could afford the HSR.

China has invited railway minister Mamata Banerjee to attend an international conference on high-speed rail system.

:lol:
The link will never materialize with idiots like her running the show

Are you from India? or some misplaced Chinese sympathizer?

I am going to ignore this rant of yours, since u do not want to reply properly. Try to conduct the discussion in a civil manner.

I could't wait to increase my post count to 30! Trade?? The HSR in China was primarily built for civilian traffic not freight!
High-speed rail in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Probably u didn't understand the article, try to read it again please, this time slowly.

Do you know where China got their technology from? The high speed rail project in CA is under a lot of criticism. They want to cut costs. Hence, China.

Does it matter where they got it from, they have implemented it and are doing it well.

I am being realistic here. You will not see a Chinese built rail line on Indian land. There is already too much paranoia about Chinese and land grabbing. And much of it is warranted.

Thanks but i don't think yours or mine views will influence the government ultimately. When it comes to foreign policy our people get it right at least in some important matters.

This is the product of your media's fear mongering. When China built it's western highspeed rail system in Tibet, your media kept screaming 'CHINA AGGRESSION using highspeed rail'.

Now if this deal gets nixed by popular suspicion, you've not got anyone to blame but yourselves.

Spare the newbie here, and is the GOI so naive to get influenced by TOI posts.

Back
Top Bottom