What's new

China offers military help to visiting Bangla army chief

I have a better idea.

Let's see. Bangladesh comes up with a nuke. But the problem is, where to test it? Bangladesh is a small and densely populated country. So, the obvious choice is the sea floor of the Bay of Bengal. Once it blows, it'll increase the sea's dept. And hence reduce water levels. And then India comes in to show who's bigger. And even a bigger nuke explosion. Increases dept even more. This keeps on going. Ah...climate change a security all in one package :D

Also, there could be minerals within the shattered rocks. And maybe oil. Free oil! Good for economic growth :tup:

Oh, and the Hilsas. There will be plenty of dead radioactive ones lying around. So, best keep catching them. Free fishes! Good for economic growth :tup: Also, the radiation will mutate us and makes us stronger! :D And then we'll see whose boss :tup: :D

Actually, Bangladesh can't afford to have nuke. It will be very very difficult. You missed the cost also. But if i will say that, most of the Bangladeshi poster will say "I am saying crap". That's why i said Buy whatever you want to buy. She has all the right to defend. But will it work ? Bangladesh economy is very small, Disadvantage of Geography and India is some 50 times stronger than Bangladesh in defence. Some improvement will not be visible.

Actually, Bangladesh can't afford to have nuke. It will be very very difficult. You missed the cost also. But if i will say that, most of the Bangladeshi poster will say "I am saying crap". That's why i said Buy whatever you want to buy. She has all the right to defend. But will it work ? Bangladesh economy is very small, Disadvantage of Geography and India is some 50 times stronger than Bangladesh in defence. Some improvement will not be visible.

I was just joking :D

Yeah, I know. Nukes just aren't feasible for Bangladesh. And besides, we already have at least two neighbors with nukes.

You are mistaken.
India used anti matter and were imported from Mars to build these high tech Arjuns. These are really expensive and cool stuffs. 800 million is just give away price.

Besides Bangladesh cant afford them and nobody in the world will sell those things to BD as India is our neighbour.

Can do better...

You are mistaken.
India used anti matter and were imported from Mars to build these high tech Arjuns. These are really expensive and cool stuffs. 800 million is just give away price.

Besides Bangladesh cant afford them and nobody in the world will sell those things to BD as India is our neighbour.

Damn, Gundam-00 already? :undecided:

Didn't know Bangladesh was in North America. And Burma? you got be shittin me.:lol:

1.The Americans have a base v near - at Woodlands, Singapore. Their fleets and bases give them nuclear coverage of the globe. Burma's efforts at becoming nuclear with N Korea's help is well documented. Plenty of discussions in the media on this.

2. Unless you know what you are talking about you are bound to end shitting.

I was just joking :D

Yeah, I know. Nukes just aren't feasible for Bangladesh. And besides, we already have at least two neighbors with nukes.

A better option would be to tie up a nuclear def deal with China or Pakistan or both. Then BD gets a nuclear deterrence, offensive option and a counter-strike option. Yes, politics have to be right for that to happen. However, threat perceptions of all these three nations coincide targeting India. Therefore, such a deal is not impossible, and only gets realistic with India's intransigence.

We can go like Turkey to let China to deploy nuclear arsenal in BD or in Bay of Bengal.

A better option would be to tie up a nuclear def deal with China or Pakistan or both. Then BD gets a nuclear deterrence, offensive option and a counter-strike option. Yes, politics have to be right for that to happen. However, threat perceptions of all these three nations coincide targeting India. Therefore, such a deal is not impossible, and only gets realistic with India's intransigence.

What worries me is that much of Bangladesh's development budget come from foreign aid from countries and organizations like WB, UK, ADB and Japan. Once the world knows we are nuclear, they'll just cut it. It'll be difficult for Bangladesh. Poor people can even die. Much needed foreign investments will die.

Theoretically speaking, if the commitment is there for a 'better', a 'stronger' and a 'powerful' Bangladesh, I am sure it can get through. That commitment has never been there. And if it ever has been, we could have done so back in the Ershad era.

We can take Israel's approach to nuclear weapons - no formal official declaration or nuclear tests. But their neighbors and the world know that they have nukes. But then, they their big daddy - the USA.

Frankly speaking, China's stick just isn't big enough for something like that at the moment. Especially in case of Bangladesh and the international consequences that can follow. Let alone the kind of relationship Islamabad has with Beijing, Dhaka just don't have that edge.

The price that Bangladesh would have to pay would be heavy. Albeit probably even more than the Liberation War itself. And of-course, there is Bharot. A nuclear armed, a strong and an independently prosperous Bangladesh is not something that they'd want (never has). Aside from the Bharot trolls here :pdf:

Also, we don't have the capability to actually launch the nuclear warheads. Thus, we don't yet possess ICBMs and cruise missiles. And, we don't have such thing as R&D in military and commercial matters. And if there is, it is very limited at the moment.

So, what to do in this kind of neighborhood? I'd say common Bangladeshis start by asserting themselves. We can think of 'bargaining chips' later. Right now, this assertion and the resulting broad consensus within the GoB just isn't there right now. And far from it. The sooner this happens, the better. And needs to be done so urgently such that we have a stronger negotiation power in Bharot.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

We can go like Turkey to let China to deploy nuclear arsenal in BD or in Bay of Bengal.

Turkey????? :undecided:

Original Post By iajdani

Turkey has allowed China to deploy nukes in their country?

Isn't Turkey a NATO country?

Isn't it that Turkey is rather miffed over the handling of the Uighyurs in China?

Or is this another figment of fevered imagination and erotic daydream?

I state so since it really does not add up and the arithmetic is extraordinary.

But then, who knows, I could be wrong.

restless1.gif

Back
Top Bottom