What's new

China offers to finance 30 per cent of India’s infrastructure development plan

Indian has no reason to refuse, I mean China investors are expecting a substantial rate of return from the investment and Indian also benefits a lot. The reason why India's industrial output is behind China is that the infrastructure is not be able to fully guarantee the long-term operations of business. For companies, a quicker operating cycle by delivering goods to customers in much faster and cheaper way will help this company collecting cash back effectively. And more railways will help this. Indian should welcome China's investment.

Indeed we need far better infra.

But still I doubt GOI will accept this offer.

This thread is not about Bangladesh, let's try to comment on the topic?

The OTs are result of stupid post number 2.

$3.8 trillion is just the main reserves.

The CIC (China Investment Corporation) arm of our currency reserves is worth over $600 billion by itself in addition.

Putting money in US treasury bonds is worthless. The return is barely enough to even cover inflation. More money should be diverted to the CIC arm of our currency reserves, for use in investing overseas.

India can accept our offer or turn it down. The money will find an investment destination somewhere in the end. :china:

Thanks for changing that regular smiley.

That sounds like a silly idea to me, but it's their decision. :big_boss:

There are many factors.

Right now we are following Look East policy.

If China invests heavily in India, will we be able to pursue that policy effectively?

China will definitely try to dictate terms to India, if we accept this offer.

Indeed we need far better infra.

But still I doubt GOI will accept this offer.

I know, GOI may worry about national security by allowing China to invest in some sensitive area, like electric cable or something. I hope your govt will agree anyway. GOI is a little bit over reacted, in fact China also invest in Thailand and some other European countries, it's all ok.

$3.8 trillion is just the main reserves.

The CIC (China Investment Corporation) arm of our currency reserves is worth over $600 billion by itself in addition.

Putting money in US treasury bonds is worthless. The return is barely enough to even cover inflation. More money should be diverted to the CIC arm of our currency reserves, for use in investing overseas.

India can accept our offer or turn it down. The money will find an investment destination somewhere in the end. :china:

Indeed India has turned down many Chinese investments a lot of times. It is China that is not giving up. Believe me finding good investment opportunities are very hard to find and people just don't invest in other opportunities just because you cannot invest in one you like. You will end up loosing money if you are not prudent with you money.

We do not allow China in our backyard
Chinese stuff are cheap
Chinese bring workers from their country, so it's useless.... bla bla bla

Do u got constipation??

Read again its a offer by china it does not mean that India have accepted it blindly.

We will look for our interests and allow the investment as per our will. We can allow them in building roads, expressways, bridges etc joint venture with Indian partner.

China will definitely try to dictate terms to India, if we accept this offer.

Then you are doing it wrong. :lol:

China just received a record-breaking inflow of FDI this month, even though last year we also had record-breaking FDI inflow.

But do you know, when foreign companies invest in China, we are the ones dictating the terms to THEM? Yet they still flock to invest in China in record-breaking amounts, even when our demands are very high.

Do u got constipation??

Read again its a offer by china it does not mean that India have accepted it blindly.

We will look for our interests and allow the investment as per our will. We can allow them in building roads, expressways, bridges etc joint venture with Indian partner.

lol, so cool!

Back
Top Bottom