What's new

China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years

What kind of bs logic is that? With that Logic India is more Islamic then Saudi Arabia.

China is -and I sincerely hope will be- a very secular and earthly nation.

We are inherently secular people.

I know some so called Christians here (Taipei); for them, Jesus is yet another god (our concept of god is very different) among many others. Hence, you will see Jesus icon on the wall and family gods on the God Table (Transliteration).

Call it East Asian pragmatism. One extra god would not do any harm, especially for old folks, just in case one needs help in the future.

Long time ago I've read "On the Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin and accepted that book. Does it count?

That and historical dialecticism.

Two best religions.

We are inherently secular people.

I know some so called Christians here (Taipei); for them, Jesus is yet another god (our concept of god is very different) among many others. Hence, you will see Jesus icon on the wall and family gods on the God Table (Transliteration).

Call it East Asian pragmatism. One extra god would not do any harm, especially for old folks, just in case one needs help in the future.

That is the problem with 'organized religion'. They have the unique knack for remaking society in their worst image.

You have made historical claims about multiple gods because you have never faced the onslaught of any "true" religion. You have only faced 'dharmic' religion which provided space for others.

'Abrahamic' religions do not allow for any such space. It might appear to provide space in the initial stages, especially with first generation converts. It will reduce considerable with 2nd generation converters and with the 3rd generation they will be ready to do Jihad and run crusades.

All you need to do is learn from history.

That is the problem with 'organized religion'. They have the unique knack for remaking society in their worst image.

You have made historical claims about multiple gods because you have never faced the onslaught of any "true" religion. You have only faced 'dharmic' religion which provided space for others.

'Abrahamic' religions do not allow for any such space. It might appear to provide space in the initial stages, especially with first generation converts. It will reduce considerable with 2nd generation converters and with the 3rd generation they will be ready to do Jihad and run crusades.

All you need to do is learn from history.

Read up about the Taiping rebellion and broaden your horizons. It was a disaster of hmmmm - biblical proportions?

Please don't lecture Chinese on religion gone bad.

So you can get dominated by Muslims for another thousand years?

Indians are very submissive.

Funny, coming from a Pakistani. It was your ancestors that submitted and converted en masse. Most of today's India resisted and persisted.

You are a muslim today, because your ancestors cowardishly submitted to islamic invaders. Most Indians are not muslims today, because their ancestors resisted, and refused to convert.

I completely agree with you. I feel we are blessed to be influenced by a religion that is inherently, mundane, secular and tolerant. Organized Abrahamic religions will not be tolerated both by government and the majority. In fact, China's popular/mainstream secular culture is currently spreading at a faster rate than ever before thanks to the growing means of connectivity across the nation.

Of course, increased connectivity also brings the question of radicalization of small pockets in certain groups. On this, it is the government's job to monitor, track and ruthlessly eliminate those who are bent or engaged in violence against the society.

Also agreed. Hence the reason we need to be extremely vigilant. Those religious nut-jobs are capable of long-term thinking/planning as well as taqiyya (showing a fake identity until they obtain enough power).

In China, pretty hard; but it is always better to be over-cautious than under-cautious.

I do not support the concept of freedom of religion in public space.

Last edited:
Funny, coming from a Pakistani. It was your ancestors that submitted and converted en masse. Most of today's India resisted and persisted.

You are a muslim today, because your ancestors cowardishly submitted to islamic invaders. Most Indians are not muslims today, because their ancestors resisted, and refused to convert.

No, our ancestors evolved and grew a proper brain - they came to see that worshipping 20 legged purple elephant idols, practicing barbaric rituals such as forced sati, temple prostitution, human sacrifice, brahmin worshipping, and so on is completely irrelevant. We submitted to Allah not Islamic invaders.

Read up about the Taiping rebellion and broaden your horizons. It was a disaster of hmmmm - biblical proportions?

Please don't lecture Chinese on religion gone bad.

All you are doing is proving me right.

The Taiping civil war or the Nian rebellion or the Dungan revolt were all coloured by Abrahamic religions. Those who choose to change govt. via civil war found a good ally in these religion.

How does this take away from my advice to learn from history ?

No, our ancestors evolved and grew a proper brain - they came to see that worshipping 20 legged purple elephant idols, practicing barbaric rituals such as forced sati, temple prostitution, human sacrifice, brahmin worshipping, and so on is completely irrelevant. We submitted to Allah not Islamic invaders.

You submitted to "allah" because the invaders put a sword to your neck and told you. And you cowardishly obeyed.

Were your ancestors' "evolution" a gradual change, a product of philosophizing and thinking? Or did it happen as soon as the islamic invaders put a sword to your neck?

Hinduism was there for thousands of years - how come your ancestors did not convert to islam until foreign invaders put a sword to your neck? Because your ancestors cowardishly converted out of fear. If it happened out of a rational understanding, they would havee done so a thousand years before arabs invaded and converted you.

BTW hindus don't believe in any purple headed idols either - that is your childish, ignorant misunderstanding. Hindus consider all those images to be the reflection of an ultimate reality, of which they too are a part - that is their belief since the vedic times. "Aham Brahmasmi" - that "I am part of the single cosmic reality". Any idols they pray to are merely a reflection of that oneness, and every hindu knows that.

Admit the realty, it would be a lot easier for you - your ancestors fearfully converted to the invaders' simplistic religion, and you are a muslim today because your ancestors fearfully converted. If they had the nerve to strand up to the invaders, and declare that their pantheism was much more sophisticated than the muslim's simplistic "Allah created men to worship Allah" nonsense, then you would not have been a muslim today.

A "god" creating humans simply to worship him is about as ludicrous as it can get. What an egomaniac such a good must be!

I completely agree with you. I feel we are blessed to be influenced by a religion that is inherently, mundane, secular and tolerant. Organized Abrahamic religions will not be tolerated both by government and the majority. In fact, China's popular/mainstream secular culture is currently spreading at a faster rate than ever before thanks to the growing means of connectivity across the nation.

Of course, increased connectivity also brings the question of radicalization of small pockets in certain groups. On this, it is the government's job to monitor, track and ruthlessly eliminate those who are bent or engaged in violence against the society.

Also agreed. Hence the reason we need to be extremely vigilant. Those religious nut-jobs are capable of long-term thinking/planning as well as taqiyya (showing a fake identity until they obtain enough power).

In China, pretty hard; but it is always better to be over-cautious than under-cautious.

I do not support the concept of freedom of religion in public space.

The counter to religious fanaticism is MORE FREEDOM , Not Less.

It is decreasing freedom that leads to civil wars coloured by religion. Religion provides a unifying ideology to fight a common enemy. The same way communism did a few decades back.

If you attempt to stamp out a fire, the burning embers will remain below the ash and will ignite a new fire. It is better to let that fire burn away fully so that no embers remain.

The fuel to religious wars is a decreased space in society to vent your negative emotions. An open society provides opportunity for emotional release without the people having to revert to religion to manage their emotions.

Communism assume Humans are Rational creatures, they are NOT. Humans are emotional creatures and unless you find a way to channel emotion, you are only suppressing them and making them stronger till they explode.

You submitted to "allah" because the invaders put a sword to your neck and told you. And you cowardishly obeyed.

Were your ancestors' "evolution" a gradual change, a product of philosophizing and thinking? Or did it happen as soon as the islamic invaders put a sword to your neck?

Hinduism was there for thousands of years - how come your ancestors did not convert to islam until foreign invaders put a sword to your neck? Because your ancestors cowardishly converted out of fear. If it happened out of a rational understanding, they would havee done so a thousand years before arabs invaded and converted you.

BTW hindus don't believe in any purple headed idols either - that is your childish, ignorant misunderstanding. Hindus consider all those images to be the reflection of an ultimate reality, of which they too are a part - that is their belief since the vedic times. "Aham Brahmasmi" - that "I am part of the single cosmic reality". Any idols they pray to are merely a reflection of that oneness, and every hindu knows that.

Admit the realty, it would be a lot easier for you - your ancestors fearfully converted to the invaders' simplistic religion, and you are a muslim today because your ancestors fearfully converted. If they had the nerve to strand up to the invaders, and declare that their pantheism was much more sophisticated than the muslim's simplistic "Allah created men to worship Allah" nonsense, then you would not have been a muslim today.

A "god" creating humans simply to worship him is about as ludicrous as it can get. What an egomaniac such a good must be!
Let's admit that Indians are as superstitious as muslim firstly.

Last edited:
Quran or Bible. You have an option there !

What about the Torah?

I choose "Fook off".

No need to subscribe to any Abrahamic religion. Im guessing a lot of these "Christians" in China are just people playing at Christianity. Say a few words every sunday, eat a cracker and drink a cup of wine. Then go watch cctv and rage at the Viets and Pinoys who are stealing fish and islands in the S.C.S.

Thats actually alot of the US too, to many it is more a social gathering (church) thing than something genuinely spiritual.

I wonder why Christianity is finding such fertile ground in China.

You DO Realize Jesus itself is a fictional character, right ?

None of the images are 'real' :lol:

images and attribution of divinity aside, there was a real person named Jesus (or at least called himself Jesus) who began christianity. Jesus was as real as Muhammend and Moses.

Back
Top Bottom