What's new

China on verge of worst economic crisis in decades

LOL they have been saying that for decades.

Sour grapes my friend. They can't help it I mean just looked their revised growth figures, falling currency and rampant poverty. Expect far more threads like this.

Can Indian members please at least change their flags when bashing china
Currently we are more likely to collapse than the Chinese & we are showing total Hypocrisy in this matter
We should sort out our own problems before Posting this kind of Nonsense

& credibility of Mr chang on china related news is very questionable
Seriously guys stop bashing for now reason

I totally agree with you. Only people who live in major economies that has faster growth rate than China in the last 10 year qualify to bash their economy. So the number of people that live in these economies is a big fat zero.

India should focus on their rupee issue and development than jumping on Gordon Chang bandwagon of hypocrisy.

Sour grapes my friend. They can't help it I mean just looked their revised growth figures, falling currency and rampant poverty. Expect far more threads like this.

Well, no one is predicting the "coming collapse of India". The only countries people are making these kind of predictions are US and China.

lol If China's economy tanks the whole world's economy will go down with them. I mean countries like Australia totally dependent on chinese consumption of their natural resources. US ( the biggest economy trades so much with China) Without Chinese products the inflation will sky rocket in the whole world. So you better pray for Chinese economy :D

I

Well, no one is predicting the "coming collapse of India". The only countries people are making these kind of predictions are US and China.

Well at least the US can walk the talk. Can't say the same thing about our mutual neighbour.

I hope China keeps on powering forward.

Serous Question needing a serous response: Why wasn't China affected by the hint of quantitative easing by the USA as India was?

Serous Question needing a serous response: Why wasn't China affected by the hint of quantitative easing by the USA as India was?

Its because their fundamental economy is strong, a strong manufacturing base and an absolute growth that is twice the absolute size of US growth. Unlike India, which is an economy build upon sand. When the wind blows, the economy goes plat.

China is also under serious economic problems. It is another matter that the things look calm on the surface.

But I hope China economy doesn't go under. If China fails it would have damaging repercussions for India also.

It is not the time for infighting but it is time that India, China, Russia and other countries got together to tame the USD.

US wants to bring down India, China and everyone one by one.

lol If China's economy tanks the whole world's economy will go down with them. I mean countries like Australia totally dependent on chinese consumption of their natural resources. US ( the biggest economy trades so much with China) Without Chinese products the inflation will sky rocket in the whole world. So you better pray for Chinese economy :D

Oh yeah, even Mars will scream if china goes down.

c'mon.. how many people remember that once upon time.. USSR existed !!

The most efficient way to get china's minerals ... is to make the chinese dig them out.

All's well... till you dig. So, keep digging..or you're a dead man.

The "China will collapse" or "Chinese estate bubble will explode" or " China will disintegrate" have been around since 10 years and same will continue for the next ten years. These are the usual rhetoric and China bashing theories by the White Western racists in view of discrediting China. Each time China is on the verge of collapsing, but one year later, nothing happens despite all the demoniac prayer by the white western racists. In the contrary, it is the West which is collapsing. Just before the London riot, the West had predicted that China would witness its worst social unrest leading to the fall down of the ruling communist party, same prediction just before the Arab spring, and just before the Greece or Eurozone crisis, the West had predicted the Chinese Estate bubble bursting. China is so use with all these dooms predicted by the White Western racists. Even the work and research undertaken by economists had shown that China would no more exist as a country. But China is still going strong. China's economic situation is the best among all BRIC countries. It is India/Scatland which is collapsing with a falling currency, abyssimal deficit and colossal infrastructural depletion. Stange that no such prediction had been made by the West on Scatland while it is the latter which is already in economic crisis.

Scatland.... LOL

It's true that people are engaging in an extreme form of wishful thinking when they continually get their China collapse predictions wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that China's growth rate has stabilized at the lowest rate in over 20 years, and is now showing signs of continuing that drop.

China needs significant political and economic reform if she wants to maintain 7-8% growth for the next two decades. I'm talking privatization of SOE's, becoming a more transparent power, REALLY tackling corruption and graft (not the chasing down of government license plates and too many servings at CPC dinners, purported as the solution by Xi Jinping's administration), and true reform of the monolithic and overly bureaucratic political system.

Oh yeah, even Mars will scream if china goes down.

c'mon.. how many people remember that once upon time.. USSR existed !!

The most efficient way to get china's minerals ... is to make the chinese dig them out.

All's well... till you dig. So, keep digging..or you're a dead man.

The only thing influential about the USSR was their military. They had no significant trade outside their own sphere of influence, no global economic ties to bring the rest of the world down with them. The USSR was a paper tiger, propped up by their 20% GDP-equivalent military spending, which ultimately became unsustainable and let to their stagnation and subsequent collapse.

Scatland.... LOL

It's true that people are engaging in an extreme form of wishful thinking when they continually get their China collapse predictions wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that China's growth rate has stabilized at the lowest rate in over 20 years, and is now showing signs of continuing that drop.

China needs significant political and economic reform if she wants to maintain 7-8% growth for the next two decades. I'm talking privatization of SOE's, becoming a more transparent power, REALLY tackling corruption and graft (not the chasing down of government license plates and too many servings at CPC dinners, purported as the solution by Xi Jinping's administration), and true reform of the monolithic and overly bureaucratic political system.

No fcking chance, China is not America, we have our own path and destiny.

China will keep supporting the private civilian corporations, but there is no mean of privatizing the existing strategic SOEs.

No fcking chance, China is not America, we have our own path and destiny.

China will keep supporting the private civilian corporations, but there is no mean of privatizing the existing strategic SOEs.

The SOE's have growth rates approx. half that of the private companies.

You can keep up the ad hominem "evil Western capitalists" all you like, but it has been shown, time and time again, that government-owned companies are less productive, efficient, and profitable (and innovative) than privately owned companies.

And us "evil Western capitalists" have led to some pretty amazing innovative feats, unheard of in the world before the "evil capitalists" had arrived. Anyway, your lives, your choice. If you want to go down the road of Marxism, with all of it's failures, then please do. You might want to take back all of the unnecessary capitalist reforms you've instigated since 1978 though (coincidentally, the same time that China immediately experienced rapid growth and productivity increases for decades on end).

You can keep up the ad hominem "evil Western capitalists" all you like, but it has been shown, time and time again, that government-owned companies are less productive, efficient, and profitable (and innovative) than privately owned companies.

And us "evil Western capitalists" have led to some pretty amazing innovative feats, unheard of in the world before the "evil capitalists" had arrived. Anyway, your lives, your choice. If you want to go down the road of Marxism, with all of it's failures, then please do. You might want to take back all of the unnecessary capitalist reforms you've instigated since 1978 though (coincidentally, the same time that China immediately experienced rapid growth and productivity increases for decades on end).

So what? The SOE is not for the purpose of making profit before people.

BTW, the US irregulated capitalist is definitely the biggest problem in the world, making profit from numerous wars and the Wall Street scam. You can't lecture people with your own agenda.

The only capitalism that China will go after is the state-capitalist.

Any data given showing China in a crisis ? Data from any sources are welcome.
7.7% GDP and low inflation does not look like crisis at all. PMI made by HSBC shows China is expanding manufacturing.
It is the slowest growth surely as China is in transition stage.

China is also under serious economic problems. It is another matter that the things look calm on the surface.

But I hope China economy doesn't go under. If China fails it would have damaging repercussions for India also.

It is not the time for infighting but it is time that India, China, Russia and other countries got together to tame the USD.

US wants to bring down India, China and everyone one by one.

US do not want to bring down India because we print more greenbacks. We want to ensure we have enough money to pay everyone because of the irresponsible government we have. Trust me, even we would not target Indian economy. As matter of fact, the world would want a healthier Indian economy as India can provide a big market.

I agree with you that SOE would be the next step. But it should be a gradual step to privatize them. Also, they might not privatize some critical energy, aviation or defense sector.

Back
Top Bottom