What's new

China protesters block railway, fight police

there goes the thread............but am happy alleast a few chinese members were able to make a few cents here.....no wonder their porverty rate has gone down drastically

there goes the thread............but am happy alleast a few chinese members were able to make a few cents here.....no wonder their porverty rate has gone down drastically

And I'm sure you got a few BJ's for you postings from you fellow Slumdog Party. :toast_sign:

If Tibetans died does it reduce the tragedy for Han or for any Human for that matter?

of course not. i personally donated 50 rmb from my limited salary to the earthquake effort.

unlike india where people begging for food on the street just die there, and where there's so little government oversight that people have to pay private contractors for the right to drink water.

^
But that is how it sounded
it was because of an earthquake that killed 2000 people, most tibetans.

As if the fact that so many died is mitigated by their being Tibetan. Are you Tibetan? Oh ofcourse you are Hubei which would be South East China, faaar away from Tibet.

Last edited:
I think this is a great thing to have people voice themselves in an unconventional way, to give some pains to the government.

What really puzzles us is: some bipolar disorder patients whine when there is no protest in China, they whine again when there are protests. :disagree:

That's good sign.

China is becoming democracy. :smitten:

China protesters block railway, fight police

Sat May 1, 2010 8:22am IST

BEIJING (Reuters) - About 500 villagers in northeastern China blocked a highway and a railway line and fought with police in a dispute about land, state news agency Xinhua said.

The stability-obsessed Chinese government has become increasingly worried about rising public anger at environmental problems, especially pollution, illegal land seizures and other issues

In the latest incident, the villagers in Heilongjiang province gathered at an intersection of a railway and a highway early on Thursday morning.

"Police tried to persuade the protesters to disperse but protesters fought back violently, injuring some police and damaging some vehicles," Xinhua said in a brief report late on Friday. "The protesters returned home at around 8 p.m."

Xinhua said senior officials, including deputy Heilongjiang governor Du Jiahao had arrived to deal with the incident.

The report gave no further details about the protest, nor the reasons behind it.

In 2007, China had over 80,000 "mass incidents" -- or riots and protest -- up from over 60,000 in 2006, according to the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. The government has not given updated figures.

Many involved no more than dozens of participants protesting against local officials over complaints about corruption, abuse of power, pollution or poor wages.

But some small-town protests in the past couple of years have snowballed into violent confrontations involving thousands of residents. Many heard of the unrest through mobile phone messages or over the Internet.

China protesters block railway, fight police | World | Reuters

Dude its their internal thingy let them deal with it the way they want ..as long as the quarrel stays inside the house .... it nobody eles business to interfere
:coffee:

Dude its their internal thingy let them deal with it the way they want ..as long as the quarrel stays inside the house .... it nobody eles business to interfere :coffee:

I totally disagree with you on this. :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom