What's new

China Reacts to Japanese Anti-Ship Missile Positioning

@Nihonjin1051

bro,do Japan operate some long range ASHM??some 100 KM range is rather pretty small for countries like Japan.they've a large zone to cover to protect themselves.

I wonder whether Japan use Harpoon missile.

What about their past history of violence and brutality?
WW2 was not the first time they rampaged onto the Asian mainland. During the Imjin war, mountains of heads were brought back from Korea as trophies. The effects of that war resonates still in Korea even though its over 400 years old.

History of violence and rediculous butchery.
Aren't there any countries invading others without commiting war crimes? Not to mention the Geneva Convention has only existed since the end of 19th century, and now many soldiers still see it as scrap papers.

Either ways blaming modern generations for their ancestor's action is not right. I mean we are also making history, and of course we don't want our children to judge us. Like now we blame the US for nuking Japan in WW2, but I'm pretty sure at that time the world was overjoyed when the war was over. And you cannot say the whole world at that time was full of heartless people, can you?

Aren't there any countries invading others without commiting war crimes? Not to mention the Geneva Convention has only existed since the end of 19th century, and now many soldiers still see it as scrap papers.

Either ways blaming modern generations for their ancestor's action is not right. I mean we are also making history, and of course we don't want our children to judge us. Like now we blame the US for nuking Japan in WW2, but I'm pretty sure at that time the world was overjoyed when the war was over. And you cannot say the whole world at that time was full of heartless people, can you?

My Vietnamese friend, the Japanese have a historical record of barbarism. Like a repeat criminal.
Having fun in killing civilians in the most gruesome ways possible and taking grisly trophies back home has been the norm. Can we blame the current Japanese born after the war? definitely no.
Can we blame them for whitewashing history, failure to recognize wrongs and not taking steps to remedy the crime of their fathers?
Definitely yes.

For the Japanese, they believe that time will cleanse them of their sins when the old die off.
A cowards way out.

My Vietnamese friend, the Japanese have a historical record of barbarism. Like a repeat criminal.
Having fun in killing civilians in the most gruesome ways possible and taking grisly trophies back home has been the norm. Can we blame the current Japanese born after the war? definitely no.
Can we blame them for whitewashing history, failure to recognize wrongs and not taking steps to remedy the crime of their fathers?
Definitely yes.

For the Japanese, they believe that time will cleanse them of their sins when the old die off.
A cowards way out.
The flow of time washes away every details, sometime even truth. It's unfair for Japan to judge their ancestors based on our modern morality and standard. Indeed what they did was horrible, I'm sure even Japanese nowaday feel disgusted about it. But at that time claiming parts of enemies bodies as trophies were pretty common, like the native American would skin their enemy head or the Atzec (?) would sacrifice their captured enemies alive to the gods. Even the more civilized European countries loved cuting fingers or noses or ears of enemies off and used it to boast around. People don't do that anymore because we can change. So have hope for humanity.

Japanese won't lower their head in exchange for forgiveness, because, if you think about it, sympathy and forgiveness are cheap these days. People simply don't need an apology, or should I say they need more than an apology to be satisfied. They need real benifits: money, power, influence, etc. And Japanese won't give away their benifits for the sins of their fathers.

Japan is irrelevant militarily. They got a few decent weapons but don't have enough in numbers to be any threat now and definitely not in the future. Only the Yankees worry us but even they are nothing that we cannot overcome. But Yankee regime propaganda will make it's overrated military to be some kind of untouchable power that it's slaves will gloat about :lol:

The flow of time washes away every details, sometime even truth. It's unfair for Japan to judge their ancestors based on our modern morality and standard. Indeed what they did was horrible, I'm sure even Japanese nowaday feel disgusted about it. But at that time claiming parts of enemies bodies as trophies were pretty common, like the native American would skin their enemy head or the Atzec (?) would sacrifice their captured enemies alive to the gods. Even the more civilized European countries loved cuting fingers or noses or ears of enemies off and used it to boast around. People don't do that anymore because we can change. So have hope for humanity.

Japanese won't lower their head in exchange for forgiveness, because, if you think about it, sympathy and forgiveness are cheap these days. People simply don't need an apology, or should I say they need more than an apology to be satisfied. They need real benifits: money, power, influence, etc. And Japanese won't give away their benifits for the sins of their fathers.

"How many times can a man turn his head
And pretend he just doesnt see?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind."

And yet the japanese teach their children they were the victims of ww2? Your view will be different if Nanjing happened in Saigon.
If time can heal than China should drop a megaton bomb in Saigon. It would be curious to see if future Vietnamese will forgive the Chinese as it was their ancestors who are responsible and not them.

@Nihonjin1051

bro,do Japan operate some long range ASHM??some 100 KM range is rather pretty small for countries like Japan.they've a large zone to cover to protect themselves.

I wonder whether Japan use Harpoon missile.

Hi bro @GR!FF!N ,

We have a consortium of anti-ship missiles, as for harpoon missiles, yes we used to have Harpoons on Japanese maritime ships, in fact we have replaced most of the harpoons for our own variant, the Mitsubishi Type 90 Anti Ship Missile. It has a range of 150 km. The Type 90 is similar to the RGM-84s.

We also have Type 91s, and Type 93s. The Type 91s have a 180 km range, and the Type 93s have a 170 km range. These can also be fit on Japanese Air Units such as our F-2s, F-15s, and F-16s as well as on our helicopter variants.

First of all, that will never happen because we won't start a war, we will merely uphold our territory. Second, your country does not have a first strike capability, and if it violates this , the United States and all other nuclear powers will reign destruction on China that would render the entire world nill.

I guess China will do exactly the same. We will not start a war on Japan, never ever, but we will uphold our territorial integrity at any cost and without any regard to what others say ort believe. So long as our territorial integrity is not violated, we are your best business partner. I am glad that two Asian giants are on the same page as far as peaceful co-existence is concerned.

We are awakened, and we are beginning to militarize. I cannot wait till we receive our F35s, too. :)

I think Uncle Sam will indeed be desperate to sell as many of those overpriced machines as possible to straight the account book. In that case, you are on pentagon's very sweet spot.

Last edited:
I hope you healed up then, buddy. I served in the JDS Chokai for most of my tour. Good to meet another veteran.

See you around then @xudeen

Thank you, for your kind words. The JDS Chokai is a handsome & formidable warship, Japan has done very well to rebuild herself after the war, an all round good example to be emulated by other nations.

Thank you, for your kind words. The JDS Chokai is a handsome & formidable warship, Japan has done very well to rebuild herself after the war, an all round good example to be emulated by other nations.

Thank you, my friend. And we are also very impressed with our partners in China. Hoping for continued cooperation between Japan and China.

And yet the japanese teach their children they were the victims of ww2? Your view will be different if Nanjing happened in Saigon.
If time can heal than China should drop a megaton bomb in Saigon. It would be curious to see if future Vietnamese will forgive the Chinese as it was their ancestors who are responsible and not them.
Trust me, modern Vietnamese felt little to no hatred to Japanese even though they starved 2 millions Vietnamese in 1944-1945. We cannot forget, but we also can hardly relate ourselves to the starved Vietnamese. It happened like 70 years ago, 2-3 generations has passed. We simply cannot cling on hatred alone to heal our wound.

Japanese govt and army did terrible things in WW2. But that did not justify to punish Japanese civilians by nuking them. Sure Japanese have the right to teach the children that their people too were victims of the war. In wars there are winners and losers, but victims are always civilians. I'm talking about people from both sides.

I don't know how you see it but I see the govt and the people are 2 different entities. The govt may represent the people, speak up for them, but govt actions do not represent the thoughts of the whole population. So maybe Japanese govt did bad bad things during WW2, but there were innocent Japanese who did nothing and got nuked. I think we can all mourn for those poor souls.

Last edited:
I just wish ppl can do some research first, then post here.

Japan
82x F-2
180x F-15C/D
117x F-4E
AEW&C: 4x E-767, 13x E-2C
tanker: 4x KC-767

China
250+ J-10A/J-10S
90x Su-30MKK/Su-30mk2
250x Su-27sk/Su-27ubk and J-11A/B
180x J-8
280x J-7 (MiG-21)
200+ JH-7/JH-7A
180x Q-5
110x H-6C/D/K (Tu-16)
AEW&C: 5x KJ-2000, 11x KJ-200
tanker: 30+ IL-76

China 2nd artillery:
thousands of CJ-10, DF-11,DF-15,DF-16, DF-21C/D,DF-31,DF-31A,DF-41, DF-3,DF-5 IRBM/ ICBM/ cruiser missile.

China PL-12A/B/C/D active guided air-launched anti-aircraft missile
Maximum Range: 70+ km - 100 km
Maximum g-force: > 38 g
Maximum Altitude: 21 km
Maximum Speed: > Mach 4

America AIM-120A/B/C AMRAAM
Maximum Range: 55+ km - 105 km
Maximum Speed: Mach 4

I find many members in PDF know nothing about military strength, only trolling for their habit.

148_72972_5670c675f54e199.jpg
Our friends think a few bomb will scare us. LOL

Back
Top Bottom