What's new

China ready to take 'control' of Gawadar

I dont know whats going on... GOP had given that contract to SPA for 40 years in 2007. so will china wait till 2047??

i dont know wen i last saw so many people being happy over handing over control of a port to a foreign country. and some people on this forum talk of sovereignity.

The reason behind all these buzz is more like can that port be formally open now for operation as it's originally designed to do. Touch stone news. Bing...Bing...Bing... this sonar is waiting for international feed back... Is is OK? Or we don't hear from anybody, we will start. A signal of No means someone is going to make a loud noise, most likely from Afghanistan. If we don't hear anything from Afghanistan, it's a go.

I think the Port if it stays with Pakistan would be ideal , but it would be great to have China construct , a Ship building facility there , which we can develop new ships together Pakistan/China

I do not mind Chinese operating Gwadar , I am sure they will bring alot of professionalism and help bring new customers

Biggest customer would be China - exporting their own goods from this port to Middle East

Imagine Billions chinese dollars saved if China bring good into Pakistan via train , and then ship it via GWADAR to africa and Middle east

Win-Win situation for Pakistan/China

What exactly does "Take Control" mean?

Is a state owned Chinese entity going to manage the logistics of the port something like Dubai Ports does? Or is it more than that and China is going to deploy their armed forces to secure it?

it will be that the port is managed by them!!

If its just managed, I dont see the issue of sovereignty coming into the picture for Pakistan

But it will certainly make India wary of the arrangment.

hmm lets see the response from the US considering both pak and US are allies ;)

i dont know wen i last saw so many people being happy over handing over control of a port to a foreign country. and some people on this forum talk of sovereignity.

well this is nothing abnormal! Dubai port world, Port of Singapore world or better refer to the link below:

Port operator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so its not a out of the world thing when a conutry hands over its port for handling to another country! and by the way DUBAI PORT WORLD handles ports in india!

HERE FOR YOUR INFO:

Kochi
India Gateway Terminal[31]
Vallarpadam Terminal [32]
Chennai - Chennai Container Terminal at Chennai Port[33]
Kulpi - under development[34]
Mundra - Mundra International Container Terminal[35]
Nhava Sheva - Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal[36]
Visakhapatnam - Vizag Port[37]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Ports_World

now @DARKY BE A MAN OF YOUR WORD AND DIE!! :sniper:

We all Pakistanis favor China wiyhout any doubt......and thats great thing...Taking over the Gwader by China will bring prosperity to the nation and to China as well.......will ensure the peace within the region.......Alhamdolillah.......:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom