What's new

China restricts Ramazan fasting in Muslim region

Can Karsevaks here who are here to get excited on the fall of infidels, tell whether they can imagine banning Pooja, planting idols, will they be happy? When you are denied to visit the favourite temple or moorti and object putting religious symbols like that wrist band on your hand? Same is what Muslims are facing in China. (Just to compare and give a realization).

Make a separate thread...I will respond to you...In short yes, if banning radical Islam practice in India requires me to dump my religion, I am happy to do that...But do not mess up this thread...

This thread has turned into farce. The fact is very few of us get to confirm first hand most news we read or hear from differant media organizations. We can never ascertain ourselves what we read for a fact. So there is element of trust involved in hoping that media are not fabricating what they report as news. However we also have common sense that we use everyday to rationalize the world around us.

The fact is China is a communist country. The fact is atheism is Chinese official policy. In fact most Chinese are hyper atheists as can be seen from most Chinese members here. Therefore whilst I can't personally confirm this news but it is very probable that this is true. It would fit in with all the knowns we know about Chinese society and people.

One thing I have never understood about Pakistani's is how they despise Western culture. I have had much interaction with Chinese I can say for sure Chinese are Uber-Western in their outlook. Name me one thing that is disparagingly called "Western" but does not exist in China?

The truth is most of East Asia is "Western" in it's culture. "Westernism" was adopted by the bucketloads by East Asian from early 1900s onward. China is prime example. It is a totalitarian society modelled on revolutionery European Russia with Marxist-Leninism being state policy. Marxism is product of West. Karl Marx wrote his book in London and was of German extraction. Therefore China, Japan or Koreas are in fact replicants of Europe with local flavour.

All the things that Pakistani's bang on about the corrupt Western societies like drink, sex, self gratification, secularism, female freedoms and female immodest dress are as applicable if not more in East Asia. That is why in my view "western" as a term has become redundant. From Los Angeles to New York, London to Moscow, Astana to Beijing, Seoul to Tokyo broadly a world culture has evolved with just minor local variation.

This goes across the globe to South America, most of Africa, most of India. My brother was in Marocco recently on holiday and his observation was that it was not too differant from other Mediteranean countries. This also applies to Lebanon.

The Chinese are just ensuring that CPC policies influenced by Marxist thinking are applied across all of China including on the Muslim's of China. If anybody has even perfunctory knowledge of Marxism you will know that religion, any religion does not sit easy with Communism.

To quote Marx: "Religion is ... a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."

This thread has turned into farce. The fact is very few of us get to confirm first hand most news we read or hear from differant media organizations. We can never ascertain ourselves what we read for a fact. So there is element of trust involved in hoping that media are not fabricating what they report as news. However we also have common sense that we use everyday to rationalize the world around us.

The fact is China is a communist country. The fact is atheism is Chinese official policy. In fact most Chinese are hyper atheists as can be seen from most Chinese members here. Therefore whilst I can't personally confirm this news but it is very probable that this is true. It would fit in with all the knowns we know about Chinese society and people.

One thing I have never understood about Pakistani's is how they despise Western culture. I have had much interaction with Chinese I can say for sure Chinese are Uber-Western in their outlook. Name me one thing that is disparagingly called "Western" but does not exist in China?

The truth is most of East Asia is "Western" in it's culture. "Westernism" was adopted by the bucketloads by East Asian from early 1900s onward. China is prime example. It is a totalitarian society modelled on revolutionery European Russia with Marxist-Leninism being state policy. Marxism is product of West. Karl Marx wrote his book in London and was of German extraction. Therefore China, Japan or Koreas are in fact replicants of Europe with local flavour.

All the things that Pakistani's bang on about the corrupt Western societies like drink, sex, self gratification, secularism, female freedoms and female immodest dress are as applicable if not more in East Asia. That is why in my view "western" as a term has become redundant. From Los Angeles to New York, London to Moscow, Astana to Beijing, Seoul to Tokyo broadly a world culture has evolved with just minor local variation.

This goes across the globe to South America, most of Africa, most of India. My brother was in Marocco recently on holiday and his observation was that it was not too differant from other Mediteranean countries. This also applies to Lebanon.

The Chinese are just ensuring that CPC policies influenced by Marxist thinking are applied across all of China including on the Muslim's of China. If anybody has even perfunctory knowledge of Marxism you will know that religion, any religion does not sit easy with Communism.

To quote Marx: "Religion is ... a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."

But when it comes to money they are the biggest capatalist:-), one chinese member mentioned about chinese culture. Wtf have communism to do with chinese culture?

Do you have culture left?:(

biggest capatalist
A Pakistani friend who grew up in Hong Kong and told me if Chinese have religion it would be "money". Marxism removes the concept of next life and concentrates on this life. So in fact person becomes consumer and producer. That is exactly what Chinese are today. The state party is marxist but it has allowed private greed to power the economy. And this lust for money will drive them to be the hyper-power of tomorrow. Let there be no doubt about it.

Do you have culture left?
Yes. Copy the West on industrial scale.

Uh, I like how china is keeping up the workforce by setting these rules.
Work > Life, bois.

Eitherway, I doubt this is true.

Also we need a mandatory thread where we can black List certain MEDIA OUTLETS Due to their crappy news nature.

China restricts fasting in Ramazan for Xinjiang govt staff, minors

BEIJING: China has marked the start of Ramazan by restricting civil servants, students and children in a mainly Muslim region from fasting, government websites said as the holy month began on Monday.

China's ruling Communist party is officially atheist and for years has banned government employees and minors from fasting in Xinjiang, home to the more than 10 million strong mostly Muslim Uighur minority. It has also ordered restaurants to stay open.

The region sees regular clashes between Uighurs and state security forces, and Beijing has blamed deadly attacks there and elsewhere in China on militants seeking independence for the resource-rich region.

Rights groups blame tensions on religious and cultural restrictions placed on Uighurs and other Muslim minorities in the vast area, which abuts Central Asia.

Several local government departments in Xinjiang posted notices on their websites in the last week ordering restrictions on fasting during Ramazan.

During the holy month, the faithful fast from dawn to dusk and strive to be more pious.

"Party members, cadres, civil servants, students and minors must not fast for Ramazan and must not take part in religious activities," a notice posted on Thursday on the government website of central Xinjiang's Korla city said.

"During the Ramazan month, food and drink businesses must not close," it added.

A Uighur official in the city's Tiekeqi township named Ahmatjan Tohti told a group of men wearing traditional doppa hats at a meeting last Monday that officials should "resolutely stop party members, civil servants, students and minors from entering mosques for religious activities" during the festival, a separate report posted on the website last Tuesday ,said.

A website run by the education bureau of the regional capital Urumqi's Shuimogou district posted a notice last Monday calling for "prevention of students and teachers from all schools from entering mosques for religious activities", during Ramadan.

In the northern city of Altay, officials agreed to "increase contact with parents", to "prevent fasting during Ramazan", according to a post Friday on the state-run China Ethnicities Religion website.

Meanwhile the website of the Qapqal Xibe Autonomous County government in northwest Xinjiang said Monday that restaurants in the area would be instructed to stay open during Ramadan to "ensure that the broader masses have normal access to cuisine".

Dilxat Raxit of the World Uighur Congress, an exile group, condemned the restrictions in an email Monday, adding: "China thinks that the Islamic faith of Uighurs threatens the rule of the Beijing leadership".

China keeps tight control over religious groups, though Beijing often says it grants citizens broad freedom of belief.

China's State Council on Thursday released a white paper which declared that religious freedom in Xinjiang "cannot be matched by any other period in history".

"During the month of Ramazan, Muslim restaurants can decide whether they want to do business. There will be no interference," it said.

"Local governments ensure that all religious activities during Ramazan go on in an orderly manner," it added.

The Independent:
Ramadan 2016: China bans civil servants and students from fasting in mainly Muslim region

'China thinks that the Islamic faith of Uighurs threatens the rule of the Beijing leadership,' says Dilxat Raxit from the World Uyghur Congress
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...fasting-in-mainly-muslim-region-a7068481.html

Khaleej Times:
China bans Ramadan fasting in Muslim region

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/international/rest-of-asia/china-bans-ramadan-fasting-in-muslim-region

The Daily Observer
China bans Ramadan fasting in Muslim region

http://www.observerbd.com/2016/06/07/155222.php

DAWN:
China restricts fasting in Ramazan for Xinjiang govt staff, minors

http://www.dawn.com/news/1263121/china-restricts-fasting-in-ramazan-for-xinjiang-govt-staff-minors

RFA:
China Enters Ramadan With Round-The-Clock Surveillance of Mosques, Uyghurs

http://www.rfa.org/english/news/uyghur/ramadan-06062016113750.html

Reuters:
Indian Muslims protest China's ban on fasting

http://www.reuters.com/video/2016/06/07/indian-muslims-protest-chinas-ban-on-fas?videoId=368815118

Let me guess, all of the above are propaganda. :lol:

Or

Their country their rules.:P

Wonder whatever happens to this when people on this forum talk about countries other than China.:pdf:

Back
Top Bottom