What's new

China’s assertiveness is increasing: Antony

sudhir007

Reaction score
China?s assertiveness is increasing: Antony

Defence minister A.K. Antony on Monday told top commanders of the armed forces that “there has been an increasing assertiveness on the part of China” and that India is taking all steps to upgrade its defence capabilities. The statement, made at the Armed Forces Combined Commanders’ Conference on Monday, comes in the wake of the recent Chinese refusal to permit a visit of the Indian Army’s Northern Command chief Lt. Gen. B.S. Jaswal to China.

Pointing out that India wants friendly ties with China, the defence minister said, “However, we cannot lose sight of the fact that China has been improving its military and physical infrastructure. In fact, there has been an increasing assertiveness on the part of China. We are taking all the necessary steps to upgrade our capabilities. We have never linked our capabilities to counter any particular nation.”
Mr Antony said that both India and China “have an equal stake in maintaining peace and ensuring development”.
The minister also said that the challenges that India faces includes those “emanating from neighbours who continue to dwell in the past and are keen to foment threats to our national security”.
In an obvious reference to the role of Pakistan in fostering cross-border terrorism, the defence minister said that “events in recent months indicate that the proxy war in Jammu and Kashmir continues unabated”.
Mr Antony also said that though the government has taken steps to prevent recurrence of any 26/11-type attack, “intelligence inputs demand that we cannot afford to drop our guard”.
The Navy is also understood to have communicated to the government that the maritime terror threat still exists.
The defence minister also referred to the Maoist violence, saying it had grown and needed to be addressed urgently.
Significantly, Mr Antony also urged the top commanders of the armed forces to “adopt a more humanitarian approach and outlook in day-to-day dealings with Personnel Below the Rank of Officers”. He also said their “personal conduct and behaviour must set the tone to be followed down the line”. At the conference, speakers also spoke about the strategic importance of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and the need for India to station more military assets in the island chain.

i bought a kitchen knife. kitchen knives can kill. therefore i must be conspiring to murder someone.

China?s assertiveness is increasing: Antony
At the conference, speakers also spoke about the strategic importance of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and the need for India to station more military assets in the island chain.

This is very important. As A & N islands do not have much habitated land and a lot of greenery (perfect for having a military hub), India must use the place for defence purpose, esp Navy, to the maximum possible extent. Its one of the most important strategic asset we have in the changing geo-politics scenario.

For last few months has became very active regarding many of its neighbors. Specially India, Japan, S Korea and SE asia. How many enemies they want!!!

BTW I m active again. :bunny: :tongue:
lol

For last few months has became very active regarding many of its neighbors. Specially India, Japan, S Korea and SE asia. How many enemies they want!!!

lol

Zero.

We have no intention to be enemies with any of those countries/region you mentioned. In fact, we're the biggest trading partner for every single one of them.

It's called partnership with disagreements.

Good going Sri Antony......:cheers:

He is just doing plain talking, as its purely a military meet you can't expect him talk Gandhian thoughts in it.

Works speaks louder then words and we know that all the military purchases are behind schedule for years. And he have not done anything to speed them up.

Antony is concerned of his clean image more then security of India.

He is just doing plain talking, as its purely a military meet you can't expect him talk Gandhian thoughts in it.

Works speaks louder then words and we know that all the military purchases are behind schedule for years. And he have not done anything to speed them up.

Antony is concerned of his clean image more then security of India.

You have hit the nail, bingo.

I think rather than bringing up jingoistic statements, its better get ur head down and do the work.

lol

Sir Ji good to see you back.
Also from my point we have to increase our good relation-ship with neighbors country like Nepal, BD, Myanmar, Barma which is close to our border area the militant and some other prospect come from their specially from BD & Nepal

Last edited:
We need to have some serious thinking done here. Our borders are causing more worry than we have internally here.

I dont see any substantial work being done by Antony, nothing has improved.

Zero.

We have no intention to be enemies with any of those countries/region you mentioned. In fact, we're the biggest trading partner for every single one of them.

It's called partnership with disagreements.

Japan also had more closer relations with Europe and US before WW2 but that didn't discourage them to go for the war. As China getting more powerful its becoming more active. Certainly not a good news for its neighbors but they are doing same mistake as Germany. They are messing up with everyone.

Sir Ji good to see you back.
Also from my point we have to increase our good relation-ship with neighbors country like Nepal, BD, Myanmar, Barma which is close to our border area the militant and some other prospect come from their specially from BD & Nepal

Well said but I want to add something. Relation with Nepal, BD, Myanmar etc are important but cooperation with Japan, US, Singapore is more important. These small neighbors are becoming increasingly China's buddies. China failed to get smaller friends like India in past except Pakistan, that also under heavy US influence. So they are concentrating on South Asian countries. But these countries are not out of our cirecle yet but certainly we need to work on them. We have done well regarding BD, Myanmar and looking forward for SL and Nepal.

In long terms US, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam and Taiwan etc will be more important for us.

What a poor show by Indian leaders.

By passing these statements, they are not doing any good to India-China relations. There is need to understand each other. And this Congressi idiot is ruining everyhting.

Japan also had more closer relations with Europe and US before WW2 but that didn't discourage them to go for the war. As China getting more powerful its becoming more active. Certainly not a good news for its neighbors but they are doing same mistake as Germany. They are messing up with everyone.

Come on now, China has the largest number of neighbors for any country in the world. We have disputes with 8 out of our 20 neighbors. Comparing this to Japan for example, who has the distinction of having territorial disputes with every neighbor it has in Asia (China, South Korea and Russia). Or India, who has territorial disputes with 5 out of 8 neighbors. Or Vietnam or whatever. We have more disputes because we have far more neighbors. Our record here is pretty good I'd say.

about time Mr Antony realizes that playing this blame game wont help in our relations in the future. one day we say that we have to improve our relations throught blah blah.. horse ****!!! and the second day ''watch out mr china you are crossing your line you are growing stronger militarily and economically we dont like it''.. aint there some other ways to play this safe rather than addressing such retarded statement??

Back
Top Bottom