What's new

China’s e-passport maps irk neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOVETOALL

Reaction score
China’s newly introduced e-passports have a map depicting Arunachal Pradesh and Aksai Chin as part of its territory. Beijing has also included its claims over South China Sea, on maps printed in the passports, irking Vietnam and the Philippines. India had protested against this development by issuing visas with a map of India showing Arunachal and Aksai Chin within its borders.

According to sources, the issue had cropped up “about two-three weeks ago”. China claims the entire territory of Arunachal Pradesh, which it calls ‘South Tibet’. China used to issue stapled visas on the passports of Indian citizens domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh earlier. It had even refused visas to Arunachal residents, claiming that since the residents alread stay within the Chinese territory they do not require documents to visit China. While India has chosen to quietly protest the e-passport issue, the Philippines and Vietnam, who have long-standing disputes with China over claims in the South China Sea, have made vociferous complaints.

“The Philippines strongly protests the inclusion of the nine-dash lines in the e-passport, as such image covers an area that is clearly part of the Philippines’ territory and maritime domain,” Philippine Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario said. Similarly, Vietnam made clear its grievance, and asked China to “reverse their incorrect content”.

Responding to international agencies, China’s foreign ministry said: “The passports’ maps, with their outlines of China, are not targeting a specific country. China is willing to actively communicate with the relevant countries and promote the healthy development of Sino-foreign personnel exchanges”.

China

Vietnam protests Chinese violation of sovereignty
11/22/2012 7:13:00 PM | The Voice of Vietnam

Nghi.jpeg.ashx

(VOV) - Vietnam has made a formal request to China to cancel inaccurate details on its map of the nine-dash line as printed on recent e-passports for Chinese citizens.

Foreign Ministry spokesperson Luong Thanh Nghi issued the statement at a regular press briefing in Hanoi on November 22 in response to questioning about Vietnam’s stance on the issue.

The Chinese act has violated Vietnam’s national sovereignty over the Hoang Sa (Paracel) and Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelagoes, and its jurisdiction rights to related territorial waters in the East Sea, Nghi said. A Vietnam Foreign Ministry representative met with a Chinese Embassy delegate in Hanoi to protest the development and to demand China correct its actions, Nghi added.

I think it is time for us to play the same dirty game like the Chinese, printing the entire sea on our passports. Who cares of that the negotiation is ongoing?

India always shows all of Kashmir as it's territory
So why the hissy fit when China does it?

We use to. But now you wont find it. Hum sudhar gaye ab Chini bhi sudhar jaae to achha hai. Pakistan to khair sudhar hi jaaega. Sab sudhar jaao yaar. Public ka tension khatam karo.

We use to. But now you wont find it. Hum sudhar gaye ab Chini bhi sudhar jaae to achha hai. Pakistan to khair sudhar hi jaaega. Sab sudhar jaao yaar. Public ka tension khatam karo.

So you did used to do it
So again why the hissy fit?
And I can't read chicken scratch so please reply only in English.

So you did used to do it
So again why the hissy fit?
And I can't read chicken scratch so please reply only in English.

Ohh. A non Urdu speaking Pakistani. Dint see that coming. :)

What i said is,

We use to show complete Kashmir as ours but now we have accepted the possession factor ans include only that area which we control. U can refer to current Maps. This shows we dont want anything that Pakistanis currently own and are serious about peace.

I said,

We have improved for good, Now Chinese shud too. Pakistan will automatically get improved. All these countries shud improve for comman man's sake.

Who cares? They will again copy new map if got some spank :woot:

I think it is time for us to play the same dirty game like the Chinese, printing the entire sea on our passports. Who cares of that the negotiation is ongoing?

currently many vietnam customs officer refuse to stamp seal on our new passport.
they paste an additional "visa" on the passport.

Philippine customs officer do nothing.
seems Vietnamese has more courage than the Filipino
110330bbei2egefkl4ke0z.jpg.thumb.jpg

PS; india customs officer also refuse to stamp seal on the new passport.
they do the same thing like vietnamese (paste additional visa on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom