China’s PLA seeks ‘new type’ relations with Indian military

ROCKETRAJA

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
Published January 16, 2013 | By admin
SOURCE: PTI

Terming Sino-India ties as one of the most important bilateral relationships for China, the People’s Liberation Army today said that it wants to build “new type” of military relations with Indian defence forces to promote peace and stability at the borders and in South Asia.

“China-India military to military relations is an important indicator of the depth of the bilateral cooperation”, Deputy Chief of General Staff of PLA Lt Gen Qi Jianguosaid, during his talks with Defence Secretary Sashi Kant Sharma at the two day Annual Defence Dialogue(ADD) meeting which concluded here today.

“China and India relationship is one of the most important bilateral relationships for China. China sincerely hopes to become a strategic partner of India based on equality, mutual trust, mutual learning and cooperation”, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei quoted Gen Qi as saying.

“Two sides can work together to improve security, mutual trust, mutual beneficial cooperation so as to jointly uphold peace and tranquillity at the border areas and promote peace and stability in South Asia to build a new type of military to military relations featuring lasting stability and friendly cooperation”, he quoted Gen Qi as saying.

Hong quoted Sharma as saying that recent years high level exchanges between India and China have been frequent with steady progress across the board laying solid foundation for the development for bilateral relationship.

Indian side is ready to step up dialogue and exchanges with the Chinese military to strengthen mutual trust and cooperation, Sharma told Gen Qi.

According to Indian officials the two sides drew up plans to enhance their military ties including to resume their joint military exercises.

The exercises were stalled in 2009 after two rounds of anti-terrorism drills due to differences over visa issues.

They also decided to expand and enhance their exchanges between the Armies, Navies and Air Forces of the two countries.

Here is the source from Xinhua especially for the 50 cent troll army. Since every other source is propaganda for them.

China, India agree to strengthen military ties

BEIJING, Jan. 14 (Xinhua) - Chinese and Indian senior military officials met in Beijing Monday and agreed to strengthen ties.

Xu Qiliang, vice chairman of China's Central Military Commission, met with Indian Defense Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma.

Xu said China and India, being the biggest developing countries in the world, are important neighbors for each other.

He noted that the two countries have extensive common interests and developing friendly and mutually beneficial cooperation is in line with the common aspiration of the two peoples as well as global development.

He said that he believes that the two countries have enough wisdom and ability to handle their relationship and are able to pave a healthy and stable development path for it.

Xu said China attaches great importance in developing military ties with India and hopes to increase mutual strategic trust, enhance friendly communication and deepen pragmatic cooperation in order to promote the strategic partnership for peace and prosperity and make a positive contribution to world and regional peace and stability.

Sharma said India attaches great importance to developing its relationship with China and he is confident in the future progress of military relations between the two countries.

China, India agree to strengthen military ties - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Good news !!

If India and China can join their hands then no one in the world can beat us.

If it happens.. it's a good thing. Then again.. fat chance, though! What would happen to all those booming defence industries around the world who are banking on making money out of the rivalry between India & China?

India & China can never be friends....Period....We cannot trust these cunning people.....

I dont think the Politburo wants to be surrounded by enemies. Pakistan and North Korea are staunch allies, but the democracies of the region becoming a bloc against the PRC could effectively contain the aspirations of the PRC to become the dominant power in Asia.

This is the PRC hedging its bets. They would be fools not to. The problem for them is that nobody is going to lower their guard anytime soon.

both of us would benefit from a stable relationship , such mindless belligerence suits Mid East not us.

China cannot have strained relationships with everyone around. In every likelihood there will be a clash of interest between China, Japan on SCS issue and though that doesnot imply war, on forums like UN, China can ill afford to have democracies like Japan, India etc on its wrong side especially when it wants a more influential role in world matters.
I don't see India and China cozying in near future, but relations that are essentially driven by booming economies, with certainly improve.
As for India, it has lot to gain by improved relations and considering the fact that if all this translates atleast to reduction in defence funding, economy can grow a lot faster.

Here is the source from Xinhua especially for the 50 cent troll army. Since every other source is propaganda for them.

Did you REALLY have to start flaming in the very 2nd post? :rolleyes:

And "50 cent troll army" is a banned topic on this forum, check the Webmaster's rules.

Did you REALLY have to start flaming in the very 2nd post? :rolleyes:

And "50 cent troll army" is a banned topic on this forum, check the Webmaster's rules.

On the contrary I am only preempting some Chinese trolls who will say they don't trust in Indian Source.
I am all for a friendly neighborhood :tup:

On the contrary I am only preempting some Chinese trolls who will say they don't trust in Indian Source.
I am all for a friendly neighborhood :tup:

Same here. :cheers:

Stability -----> Prosperity.

if India and China becomes close strategically omg i can't imagine what will happen....ha ha ha i can't imagine the scenario i hope it happen in near future.US and Europe will be doomed

Chins is not serious about being friends with India. Once China take care of its business in SCS, it will turn its attention toward the India/China border.

Back
Top Bottom