What's new

China satellite navigation starts services to Asia

We have something India don't have (and won't have for atleast 15-20 years if ever). All the other talk is irrelevant.

And you have something that is decades behind the US. Someone has go first. You did it when you have a 7 trillion dollar economy, India will have it own GPS nav satellites in a few years and it will still not be at 7 trillion GDP at that point. The larger point is that this would be truly enviable if the use of such technology was not used or to be used by the govt to oppress it's people.

And you have something that is decades behind the US. Someone has go first. You did it when you have a 7 trillion dollar economy, India will have it own GPS nav satellites in a few years and it will still not be at 7 trillion GDP at that point. The larger point is that this would be truly enviable if the use of such technology was not used or to be used by the govt to oppress it's people.

Decades behind the US? I highly doubt it.
India to have its own navigation system in a few years? Impossible. Indian promises are worthless as pretty much all its projects are delayed or eventually cancelled (like Kaveri). The goal will be for around 2020, in reality it won't go up until 2035 at the earliest.

Decades behind the US? I highly doubt it.
India to have its own navigation system in a few years? Impossible. Indian promises are worthless as pretty much all its projects are delayed or eventually cancelled (like Kaveri). The goal will be for around 2020, in reality it won't go up until 2035 at the earliest.

yes decades behind and what you have-much of it being a copy paste job and yet stuck with the infamous made in chain quality. Like that aquarium tank made two years ago we saw busting last week on people ...

and India takes it time and it's delays are for example the inability to uproot entire villages and force them to move or in this case either budget restrictions that delay or non availability of a policy of stealing others secrets to accomplish their own tech. India is poised to launch the first of 7 satellites that will form it's own GPS system in the coming days , if not already launched ( i have to check to confirm)

The first satellite of the proposed constellation, developed at a cost of 1,600 crore (US$291.2 million),[2] is expected to be launched during 2012-2013 while the full constellation is planned to be realized around 2014 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Regional_Navigational_Satellite_System

please go check and confirm first. do the check frequently please. I like to see India launches 7 satellites before 2014. btw How many satellite launches India did in the past? And what Indian has launched into orbit in the past that can be said to have the capacity to be equal to a "GPS" satellite? Once you have check and confirmed please update, I think it will be a useful educational knowledge to me, and to you that can be a very convincing evidence when debating with others.
yes decades behind and what you have-much of it being a copy paste job and yet stuck with the infamous made in chain quality. Like that aquarium tank made two years ago we saw busting last week on people ...

and India takes it time and it's delays are for example the inability to uproot entire villages and force them to move or in this case either budget restrictions that delay or non availability of a policy of stealing others secrets to accomplish their own tech. India is poised to launch the first of 7 satellites that will form it's own GPS system in the coming days , if not already launched ( i have to check to confirm)

Indian need its own navigation system, The Yinhe incident made China to develop its own navigation system, for US changing the GPS to pursue Chinese merchant ship Yinhe. One big country, can't always depend on today's good relation, that's why even UR develop their own navigation system to break away GPs
Yinhe incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

please go check and confirm first. do the check frequently please. I like to see India launches 7 satellites before 2014. btw How many satellite launches India did in the past? And what Indian has launched into orbit in the past that can be said to have the capacity to be equal to a "GPS" satellite? Once you have check and confirmed please update, I think it will be a useful educational knowledge to me, and to you that can be a very convincing evidence when debating with others.

I gave you the links to the planned launches. I never claimed they have all taken place yet. India has launched many satellites in the past( none for their planned GPS yet), perhaps you can take advantage of living in the the US allowing you to visit youtube to see it before your eyes.

Thank you for the link---"IRNSS-1 will be launched on-board PSLV-C22 during the second half of 2012 while the full constellation is planned to be realised by 2014.". I don't know the time now in India. In US it is still about 10 hours left for 2012. I will check TV or some news report about the IRNSS-1 launch in the remaining 10 hours.
I gave you the links to the planned launches. I never claimed they have all taken place yet. India has launched many satellites in the past( none for their planned GPS yet), perhaps you can take advantage of living in the the US allowing you to visit youtube to see it before your eyes.

Thank you for the link---"IRNSS-1 will be launched on-board PSLV-C22 during the second half of 2012 while the full constellation is planned to be realised by 2014.". I don't know the time now in India. In US it is still about 10 hours left for 2012. I will check TV or some news report about the IRNSS-1 launch in the remaining 10 hours.

maybe check into classes for English language comprehension first. From the link and not 15-25 yrs from now you projected.

The first satellite of the proposed constellation, developed at a cost of 1,600 crore (US$291.2 million),[2] is expected to be launched during 2012-2013

It is a direct quote from the link you provided. I don't know how to dig out more profound meanings of "IRNSS-1 will be launched on-board PSLV-C22 during the second half of 2012". It is pretty straight forward, isn't it?

"Reports came in Apr 2010 that India plans to start launching satellites by the end of 2011, at a rate of one satellite every six months. This will make the IRNSS optimally functional by 2014.[5] India also launched 3 new satellites into space to supplement this.[6]
Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System (IRNSS-1) will be the first of the total seven satellites of the IRNSS constellation. It will have a lift off mass of 1380 kg and operate a navigation payload and a C-band ranging transponder and employ an optimised I-1K bus structure with a power handling capability of 1600W and is designed for a nominal mission life of 7 years.[7]
IRNSS-1 will be launched on-board PSLV-C22 during the second half of 2012 while the full constellation is planned to be realised by 2014.[7][8]"
maybe check into classes for English language comprehension first. From the link and not 15-25 yrs from now you projected.

They can easily pull the GPS data from your phones from the carriers and service providers. Isn't that tracking? Logging your GPS location data and transmitting it through other means is still tracking no matter how you look at it.

Unless you're arguing about semantics how it isn't GPS tracking because the device doesn't send the data to the satellites. ??
This is not semantics. This is technical accuracy. Your original insinuation is that the American GPS system is able to track individual locations without going through other systems. This is technically not true. I do not care how 'easily' or 'difficult' it may be to pull those data through those other systems.

Very interesting, even if we are "stealing" some advance techs from US, as long as we can finally make it our own and get whatever we want to protect ourselves that's good for us. It needs to be a process to go from learning to innovating, hasn't your American daddy ever told you that? Where did US get its rocket and missile technologies? Don't act like a jealous boy looking at others' candy and saying it's not sweet. It is not that you don't want to "steal", it is you cannot implement those techs base on your poor industry. So stop saying those "copy and paste" SHXT, if it's that easy, why haven't you got it yet? And, stop your predictions too, we've seen enough of your indian predictions...little of them came true.
it also been updated to 2012-2013. which is no where close to your initial claim of taking 15, 20 or 25 yrs. Now go back to trying to steal more technologies while in the US for mother china

Sir, I didn't claim anything regarding India's IRNSS. I just follow your post and try to learn some new development of Indian GPS that I may not be aware of. Truly I will be very glad to see Indian GPS systems being put in work, maybe in some years later? Your are quite rude and attack anything pointless like a decapitated fly. Please stop such baseless assault. Btw, I am an expert in my area and provide technical consultation to colleague engineers, include some Indian origin Americans. So I don't "steal" but give technologies out.
it also been updated to 2012-2013. which is no where close to your initial claim of taking 15, 20 or 25 yrs. Now go back to trying to steal more technologies while in the US for mother china

Sir, I didn't claim anything regarding India's IRNSS. I just follow your post and try to learn some new development of Indian GPS that I may not be aware of. Truly I will be very glad to see Indian GPS systems being put in work, maybe in some years later? Your are quite rude and attack anything pointless like a decapitated fly. Please stop such baseless assault. Btw, I am an expert in my area and provide technical consultation to colleague engineers, include some Indian origin Americans. So I don't "steal" but give technologies out.

I have to apologize to you as I seem to have been caught in replying to several of you guys and mistakenly took you to say something Cielo said. Please accept my apology.

This is the previous projection, the current projection is

The first Satellite of Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) constellation, IRNSS-1 will be launched by PSLV-C22 in 2013.

Welcome To Indian Space Research Organisation :: Current Programme

Someone need to correct the Wikipedia page with a new projection. But this might change if India never get around to launch this navigation satellite.

This is not semantics. This is technical accuracy. Your original insinuation is that the American GPS system is able to track individual locations without going through other systems. This is technically not true. I do not care how 'easily' or 'difficult' it may be to pull those data through those other systems.

The only statement I have made is that the government is able to track you using GPS. And tracking you through the use of GPS data is GPS tracking. The ease that law enforcement and the government can access such data is part of the concern.

But thanks for clarifying your point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom