What's new

China still lacks in the top end of the value chain

Clearly, you try to twist your way to heal your wounded ego with your rubbish reasoning. I despise people like u

It doesn't matter to me what you think.

As for logic, and reasoning, you might wanna put forth your arguments, instead of doing what every loser does- ad hominem attacks.

The logic that I advance is pretty simple, that there is a whole range of products in the so called "high tech" exports. That among the ones that are at the height of the supply chain, China still lacks, and is behind, with other nations, notably Japan, Germany, US, Korea in lead. This can also be collaborated with the average GDP levels and the like.

For example, in the resource look at stuff like medical equipment, chemical analysis equipment etc. Even one of your own distinguished scientists wrote in Nature recently, that foreign companies should lower the price for laboratory equipment. He also moaned that still a lot of stuff is imported in China.

I would recommend you to engage in debate, and discussion, and if it is not possible for you to do such, you might want to forfeit this thread.

That's why we are called developing country.

We are working hard to get a better position.

Exactly. This is what I am trying to say, which you have described in one word so eloquently.

The despair lies in the fact that your fellow Chinese here are not ready to accept this simple fact.

Japan declines so fast, Korea is picking up with China. for the super high high tech. Only big nations like China and US can afford, so , don't try to use your high tech definition to twist the international norm. I don't know what you are trying to say by using your personal high tech rule to talk about China? What's your purpose to start this thread in the first place?

If you really care this much about high tech, Check out India's standing in the chart, that's something really really worrisome
-1x-1.png

What's your purpose to start this thread in the first place?
:p Through this way Chinese will give him more imformation and statistics,then he will collect them.:-)
Smart Indian guy...Do this kind of work easily...:coffee:
To our relief,至少没被用在坏的方面,不过这也有可能是伪装吧……

And this is for sure,China isn't a developed country while Japan is.
His statement is useless cuz everyone knows...

@Bussard Ramjet BTW,the two-child policy won't only bring benefits,it will do harm to women's rights and interests.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter to me what you think.

As for logic, and reasoning, you might wanna put forth your arguments, instead of doing what every loser does- ad hominem attacks.

The logic that I advance is pretty simple, that there is a whole range of products in the so called "high tech" exports. That among the ones that are at the height of the supply chain, China still lacks, and is behind, with other nations, notably Japan, Germany, US, Korea in lead. This can also be collaborated with the average GDP levels and the like.

For example, in the resource look at stuff like medical equipment, chemical analysis equipment etc. Even one of your own distinguished scientists wrote in Nature recently, that foreign companies should lower the price for laboratory equipment. He also moaned that still a lot of stuff is imported in China.

I would recommend you to engage in debate, and discussion, and if it is not possible for you to do such, you might want to forfeit this thread.

Exactly. This is what I am trying to say, which you have described in one word so eloquently.

The despair lies in the fact that your fellow Chinese here are not ready to accept this simple fact.
come on, man!

This is PDF which is a international forum.

We are making fun of each.other.

Do not take it so seriously.

hi-hi-hi-tech is not defined by you and me. maybe rocket or nuclear science are super high tech.buta as I mentioned, let professionals do their jobs.

Though I think some products like gas turbines, ICs, high precision machinery, ultra pure silicon can without disagreement be considered extremely hi tech products.

I would still agree with you to some extent.

Then the question becomes why is China so behind in particular things like medical equipment, gas turbines etc.

Can you tell me some companies from China that are good in medical equipment? I have heard of Neusoft Medical, and Mind Ray at least.

come on, man!

This is PDF which is a international forum.

We are making fun of each.other.

Do not take it so seriously.

I should have known this earlier.

I wouldn't have wasted countless hours advancing arguments and trying to debate.

And this is for sure,China isn't a developed country while Japan is.
His statement is useless cuz everyone knows...

@Bussard Ramjet BTW,the two-child policy won't only bring benefits,it will do harm to women's rights and interests.

This is a fundamental dichotomy in social relationships, that deserves its own thread.

Sure, raising a child has largely been a women's responsibility, and it is a major effort. But we do need children or else the nation will fade and die.

I think the solution is state support, and putting more responsibilites on men for raising the kid.

A country can't be good at everything, even US is pretty backward in some sectors. but overall speaking ,China now is the leading high tech exporter in the world

Though I think some products like gas turbines, ICs, high precision machinery, ultra pure silicon can without disagreement be considered extremely hi tech products.

Then the question becomes why is China so behind in particular things like medical equipment, gas turbines etc.

Can you tell me some companies from China that are good in medical equipment? I have heard of Neusoft Medical, and Mind Ray at least.

I wouldn't have wasted countless hours advancing arguments and trying to debate.

This is a fundamental dichotomy in social relationships, that deserves its own thread.

Sure, raising a child has largely been a women's responsibility, and it is a major effort. But we do need children or else the nation will fade and die.

I think the solution is state support, and putting more responsibilites on men for raising the kid.
Talk is cheap.
The problem of you guys is wasting all of your time talking, including the sophomore students of chemistry.

I didn't mean that.
It will raise the cost of companys to employee women and add difficulty to women's job seeking(It's difficult originally,now it's more difficult)..Those employers don't want to give women paid maternity leave.
Then it leads to declining in women's economic status.And at last women will become the bottom of society or even slaves of men.
Women will lose many things cuz Chinese men never consider taking care of children.

二孩政策与女性发展系列:如何让女性敢生二胎_热点聚焦_中国女网

Losing independence is miserable for women,our laws don't protect women!
Most Chinese don't acknowledge the function of housework.Those women who lose jobs may suffer from 社会认同和自我认同的双重缺失(I don't know how to translate)

Women in China work hard and earn.However women endure serious exploitation.
Wage disparities between women and men in China ≈0.6
After this policy,women in China will be even poorer.

**The most terrible thing:Chinese women can't choose the men they love but choose who can make her live well off,even if he is very ugly and bad-tempered.

Last edited:
Talk is cheap.
The problem of you guys is wasting all of your time talking, including the sophomore students of chemistry.
Talking is what he does best, like his country men. Doing is not a word known to them

I agree with you. Once I worked for a chemistry company. Most products we(almost the comprehensive phenomenon of my fields) export are upstream materials. Japan, Germany, Belgium and Korea companies hold the highest tech and application.
In traditional industry, I doubt the developing countries ever have chance of catching up with. In fabrication fields, China lag too long behind developed countries. In my opinion, chance for developing countries is in creating new industry: such as new energy, new material. The start line are similar.

Imo "Made in China" is already at a sweet spot,moving up the ladder is not the pressing priority here,but fortifying our position in the mid-level manufacturing is. Mid-tech is already good money, many people think you need to be on top to be lucrative, but our 4 trillion forex says otherwise.

“Shooting for the top” is typical indian logic..you dont need me to remind you how much trouble that logic has created for so many Indian projects

I agree with you. Once I worked for a chemistry company. Most products we(almost the comprehensive phenomenon of my fields) export are upstream materials. Japan, Germany, Belgium and Korea companies hold the highest tech and application.
In traditional industry, I doubt the developing countries ever have chance of catching up with. In fabrication fields, China lag too long behind developed countries. In my opinion, chance for developing countries is in creating new industry: such as new energy, new material. The start line are similar.

I have found several chemicals that we use in our facilities, needed to be imported from EU. tired of the high costs i tried looking for Asian vendors, Local first, but it was unavailable here, Then I looked for it in China, hoping i would get it from there surprisingly my Chinese contacts told me that they too had to import it from EU, and it would be better if i got it from there itself. On one of his visits here, over a long conversation he told that usually most technology that is associated with Chinese manufacturing is advanced, but the real cutting edge manufacturing technology is Never shared by the West.
Manufacturing in China and India is still labor intensive where as those in the west has almost gone to total automation, to the levels that it virtually unheard of. He had gone to a FANUC plant in Japan where the only 'human' workers there were the ones who carried out the finished product out. Robots making robots. It so high tech its scary actually...

I have found several chemicals that we use in our facilities, needed to be imported from EU. tired of the high costs i tried looking for Asian vendors, Local first, but it was unavailable here, Then I looked for it in China, hoping i would get it from there surprisingly my Chinese contacts told me that they too had to import it from EU, and it would be better if i got it from there itself. On one of his visits here, over a long conversation he told that usually most technology that is associated with Chinese manufacturing is advanced, but the real cutting edge manufacturing technology is Never shared by the West.
Manufacturing in China and India is still labor intensive where as those in the west has almost gone to total automation, to the levels that it virtually unheard of. He had gone to a FANUC plant in Japan where the only 'human' workers there were the ones who carried out the finished product out. Robots making robots. It so high tech its scary actually...

Indeed. I guess the Chinese company you contact can not sell products to you, even if they can produce it. The confidential agreement with western company is very strict. They held the tech, they have the exclusive rights.

Indeed. I guess the Chinese company you contact can not sell products to you, even if they can produce it. The confidential agreement with western company is very strict. They held the tech, they have the exclusive rights.

This particular company was Dow Chemicals, while their Chinese wing did produce some Chemicals, the resins that I was looking form is manufactured only one plant in Switzerland.

Back
Top Bottom