What's new

China Still Years Ahead of India

Wangrui961

Please, it's childish to post pix as such to show how China is. China still is much of a developing country and has a big number of people living in poverty. When someday Chinese northwest or countryside can look similar to Shanghai you can then be proud.

2. Kashmir, Sikh temple and the pogroms in Gujarat?

3. Have you seen the slums of Bombay? There are very few people like that in China. The provision of housing is much better in China than India.
Why do you have India fixation particularly when responding to a post which has nothing to do with India?

So just coz India does something does not make PRC's Tibetian killings any less brutal.

The provision of housing may be much better, but I dont want to be chucked out of my home, so that some developer can build a glittering complex for wealthy CPC members.

I dont want the govt stopping me or regulating workers getting in and out of a city. It may work wonders, but heck, I dont want to be in a state like that.

4. Freedom? What is freedom, is the freedom to live out of poverty, out of hunger and desperation any less valuable than the freedom to speak and act as one pleases? This is a philosophical question.
Prolly, one will have to go live in China to understand how good or awful it is. If the PRC citizens like it and accept it voluntarily, I dont give a damn about it.

But, I would not trade "my" freedom for heaven thats supposedly exist in PRC.

After reading all the comments about comparing India and chine, I have come to a conclusion that it would be unwise or we call it in urdu that yeh chine kay saath zulm hai kay usko 3rd rarted country like India kay saath compare kia jaye.

India is lightyears behind China. And get this: India will never catch China.

In China, animals do not roam the streets freely. In China, people are not passed out from taking a shot of heroin lying on the streets. In China it isn't so congested that you can't walk 2 feet without brushing shoulders with ten people. China's economy is growing at breakneck speed and there isn't any country that can stop them. Within our lifetimes (sooner than you think, even) China is expected to surpass the Unites States of America as the worlds largest economy.

This is what Chinese cities will look like by 2020.

i disagree. India will not catch up with china in the near or middle future, but to say india will never catch up is wrong. If you look at the US economic boom in the 1800s and early 1900s, you will see that it was as fast as chinese growth today. The world felt that US economy would never be beaten. yet today china is poised to overtake USA. This is coz after a few decades the US economic growth slowed down.

Rapid economic growth cannot last forever. After sometime chinese economic growth will slow down. If India's economy is growing at a fast rate at that time, india will be able to catch up.

But that will ofcourse take a long time. Probably till the begining of the 22nd century.

i disagree. India will not catch up with china in the near or middle future, but to say india will never catch up is wrong. If you look at the US economic boom in the 1800s and early 1900s, you will see that it was as fast as chinese growth today. The world felt that US economy would never be beaten. yet today china is poised to overtake USA. This is coz after a few decades the US economic growth slowed down.

Rapid economic growth cannot last forever. After sometime chinese economic growth will slow down. If India's economy is growing at a fast rate at that time, india will be able to catch up.

But that will ofcourse take a long time. Probably till the begining of the 22nd century.

Su-47, India has too many internal conflicts to ever catch up with China in even 100 years. A large part of the people currently with India's boundaries do not consider themselves. As long as your caste system continues to divide people and muslims continue to be marginalized, you will not progress beyond a certain limit.

Chinese government has succeeded in giving the chinese a sense of national identity. They have ruthlessly united China, and all Chinese people have full trust in their government.

China is expected to overtake the US because the US economy relies so heavily on China. China's economy does not rely on India at a similar scale. China exports it's products to the entire world, and is diversifying it's production capabilites at a much faster rate than India.

State of human development is much better in China than it is in India.

Also, it's an economic phenomenon that the closer an economy gets to overtaking another, the harder it gets to do so.

In my opinion, India's problem is that there are already too many people. This means it's harder to improve the living standards of it's citizens, considering how many are added each year. China is 72nd most dense country in the world, while India is 31st. China has a one child policy, which is helping it keep it's population rate low meaning better chance of improving lives of people already alive. China has no shortage of labor, since every last person is working and at an efficiency level much higher than India.

China is hosting the next Olympics. Every year more and more tourists visit China. The only way India can close the gap is if China's economy stands still or slows to a turtles pace, which is very unlikely to happen for a long, long time.

Su-47, India has too many internal conflicts to ever catch up with China in even 100 years. A large part of the people currently with India's boundaries do not consider themselves. As long as your caste system continues to divide people and muslims continue to be marginalized, you will not progress beyond a certain limit.

Chinese government has succeeded in giving the chinese a sense of national identity. They have ruthlessly united China, and all Chinese people have full trust in their government.

50 years ago china also had a lot of problems. a lot of chinese didnt want to live in china (thus forming taiwan). if chinese can unite, i dont see why we cant.

the caste system is much more hyped up than you think. you'll understand if u live in india. its a medieval mindset thats dying out. as for marginalisation of muslims, thats also hyped up. ask salim, he's an Indian muslim member here. The Kashmir issue makes the world think that India is persecuting against muslims as a whole.

i'm not saying that india is 100% pure or that persecution in the name of caste or religion is not atking place. all i'm saying is that these issues are still solvable. all we need is a strong govt.

50 years ago china also had a lot of problems. a lot of chinese didnt want to live in china (thus forming taiwan). if chinese can unite, i dont see why we cant.

the caste system is much more hyped up than you think. you'll understand if u live in india. its a medieval mindset thats dying out. as for marginalisation of muslims, thats also hyped up. ask salim, he's an Indian muslim member here. The Kashmir issue makes the world think that India is persecuting against muslims as a whole.

i'm not saying that india is 100% pure or that persecution in the name of caste or religion is not atking place. all i'm saying is that these issues are still solvable. all we need is a strong govt.

Again we go on about India being "secular" and muslims being treated "fairly". Now even though my whole family and freinds there are unhappy about their treatment and believe that there is discrimination against them you will keep saying the same thing no matter what facts and figures i bring out so i'll let it be as it is hard for Indians to accept the truth! Even muslim members of the government believe this stuff but alas!

But congratulations! You have managed to say something of use! Yeah you need a government that does not favor the majority and ignore muslims because of their religion... but there are always idiots here and there unfortunately making it hard to know what to expect! :disagree:

I think so. As we can see the dreaded poverty in India deep routed in the Indian society. Caste system is one of the main reason for this which is not present there in China.

China is 'light years' ahead of India ? How, which start system is it in ? :rofl:

And all this while i thougt 'light years' is a unit of distance.:crazy:

Then why no elections? Why is media under govt censor? Why is companies like yahoo forced to share data with PRC govt?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom