What's new

China Surpasses U.S. in Purchasing Power

Has there ever been a better time to be a Chinese in China than today?
during the Ming dynasty china was the most powerful nation according to Niall Ferguson and many others.
chinese technolgy was the best in the world during that time.
china was also very rich.

that was the time of zheng he, where the Ming built a MASSIVE navy.

useless article, PPP is for mentalmasturbation, we need to catch U.S in terms of percapital nominal, there are probably 300 million people enjoiying western standard of living, but the rest are still poor according to that standard

Today's China is still relatively weak compared to when we were at the height of our power a long time ago.
during the Ming dynasty china was the most powerful nation...chinese technolgy was the best in the world during that time...that was the time of zheng he, where the Ming built a MASSIVE navy.

I find the emphasis on power rather than welfare disturbing. It implies China is intent on resuming its old habits of aggression against neighbors (to put them in their place, of course!) and slow conquest of surrounding territory.

Perhaps Pakistan shouldn't agreed to let China build new roads connecting their two countries.

useless article, PPP is for mentalmasturbation, we need to catch U.S in terms of percapital nominal, there are probably 300 million people enjoiying western standard of living, but the rest are still poor according to that standard

When our RMB becomes the international currency, then the comparison of the per capita with other nations will become meaningless for us.

I find the emphasis on power rather than welfare disturbing. It implies China is intent on resuming its old habits of aggression against neighbors (to put them in their place, of course!) and slow conquest of surrounding territory.

Perhaps Pakistan shouldn't agreed to let China build new roads connecting their two countries.

Talk when you create a nation that was not built with the extermination of the native Indians.

I remember Andrew Jackson stated that "the only Indian that I trust is a dead Indian"

hey USA is not different dude, the U.S. don't need to occupy people lands, they just destroy the regimes that against them and create a new puppet one, 4 example, iraq, afghanistan, lybia, phillipines, south korea, japan, germany etc......these countries can control themselves but one it turn so negative to the U.S. then it will be got its buttstocks spanked again until the master USA been pleased!!! that we call the 21st colonialism!!! China today is absolutely different with China in the past, China new idealistic is creating more democracy to the world politic so people can share more interests and fairs!!! China don't need to spread wars to prove herself a superpower like USA, her voice weight will do the job, also cooperation and negotiations will be the main key to solve any conflicts in the next centuries, that's all!!! only aggressive bully like USA love to threaten others!!!

so USA sock puppets please do not worry too much 4 China neighbors, everybody know how kind you are!!!

Back
Top Bottom