What's new

China to build helicopter that can exceed 700km/h. BLOODY KONGRESS READ TIS

REALY ? U thing its just an extra rotor ? Did u see its playload and Range ?

I can see that, that extra rotor is for the payload and indirectly for the range.
I agree with your concern about our backwardness in innovation and design, but your comparison of India along side China is misplaced here precisely for a single reason that both have different requirements.

and coming to technical parameters I seriously don't see any innovation here...again.

nobody is underestimating china.. we dont have technical capability to do everything.. money has to allocated for a lot of programs not only defence...
why are you running on street as if a cow is charging at you... do you know something we dont... :what:
why we dont have technology when china has ?

I can see that, that extra rotor is for the payload and indirectly for the range.
I agree with your concern about our backwardness in innovation and design, but your comparison of India along side China is misplaced here precisely for a single reason that both have different requirements.

and coming to technical parameters I seriously don't see any innovation here...again.
India need better than what we have now.

please,don't be paranoid..what you're suggesting??India should built weapons like China ASAP??India builds whats needed,and buys others..
WHY NOT ? Why dont we built our own wweapons ASAP ? For you kind information we dont build any major weapon flatform but we BUY EVERYTHING . U need read about the fact that India is the largest importer of defence eqipment in the world . It means e have lots of money to but we dont have technology to buy them . AM I RITE ?

our need isn't so massive like China,nor we're under any sanctions..so,we can enjoy best tech,which china can't.
Our need is not massive ? In what world are u living in ?

plus,why you're comparing India with China??
Thats what i am talking about . Now we are looking at China like America .But matter of the fact is we both had a same economy in the past ! ITS DUE LEADERSHIP FAILURE !

China is almost 8 times larger country than India..
Oh really ? So Why india cant build what smaller nation can ? Like Isreal or UK . Comparing Size of nation is pathetic and epic FAIL ! ! !

also,India is better in many sector than china,whose weapons details are still in secrecy and they shell out more money in both defence and R&D(be it stealing or indigenous)..
Dude what are u talking about ? Am talking about defence sector in which Defence sector India is superior to China ? What stops india from stealing technologies ? When even this MMS said to Buy , Steal or Make ... ? For ur kind information we are far behind China but am sure we would had done better than what we do now .
Its not problem with Indians Race But NONSENSE CORRUPT BCsss

why suddenly you woke up and starting a certain political party for that??i'm not a supporter of congress either..but stop being a stupid man..
Doest it even matter to u that i woke up late ? I raised a valid point here . China will soon be a New Soviet Power if they advance in this pace itself ! Yes am concerned Because they are not India to SPREAD AMAN KI ASHA ... but Kill U and Me and Take our my land ! SO I BLAME THIS CORRUPT KONGRESSI ANTI INDIAN LOOTER for this ... YES I SAY IT LOUDLY BECAUSE THEY RULED INDIA FOR ALMOST 62 Years ... WHAT THIS NATION DONT HAVE ? WE HAVE EVERY THING FROM MONEY , POWER , BRAIN , GREAT CULTURED CIVILIZATION ! If am a stupid to think so ! SO BE IT . I WILL BE STUPID AND BEING A INTELECTUAL IDIOT ...

If you think that every thing is fine with India i have no problem . And am not antiu Congress either . BUT AM AN INDIAN !

STOP SUPPORTING AND VOTING CONGRESS JUST BECAUSE OF SURE NAME ! lik FOOLS

Am looking beyound this new Platform . Chinese are very confident now . Surely there is a VERY BIG PICTURE which we cant see . They may Copy , They Hire Russian to build for them , They mass produce under quality weapons But at the end of the day it adds to their fire power massivly .. We must be a fool if dont work our future plan for Future war with New Super Power China . People dont see China as super power .As we got this chalta hey attitude . But they are getting closer and Closer to Americans and Russian . We are going backward in Home grown tech day by day . All defence deals are SCAMED in India . This nation and Indian People deserves better than this . We cant live like slaves . WE HAVE OUR OWN DNA of RULERS and Creater

13-blue-whale-helicopter.jpg

A model of the Blue Whale at an expo in Tianjin. The rotors provide lift in the horizontal position and forward thrust in the vertical position

Blue Whale is among the most innovative – and risky – designs on the drawing board as Chinese engineers try to build the world’s fastest helicopter.

The country’s engineers and scientists accomplished much of this by adapting and applying technologies developed elsewhere. Now, they are looking to break new ground altogether by building the fastest helicopters in the world.

Among the most ambitious of such aircraft in the works is the four-rotor “Blue Whale”, a project by the China Helicopter Research and Development Institute. By tilting its four rotors from a horizontal to vertical position, the helicopter promises to reach speeds of more than 700km/h – which would make it the fastest “tiltrotor” in the world, 40 per cent faster than Boeing’s V-22 Osprey, according to the institute.

With a cruising speed of 538km/h, developers say the Blue Whale will lift 20 tonnes of cargo and fly more than 3,100 kilometres without refuelling. It will fly as high as 8,600 metres, also higher than the V-22.

Qiu Guangrong, a director of the institute, told the Global Times last year the group hoped to produce functioning prototypes of its high-speed helicopter within the next five years, although he did not specify which models would be the first produced.

Even today, most conventional helicopters are not suited for speeds exceeding 200 km/h. Above certain speeds, airflow between blades can throw the aircraft off balance. Huge stresses are also placed on engines and mechanical parts, which can fail or break apart.

Over the decades, helicopter designers have tried numerous solutions to break the speed barrier. The twin rotors on Boeing’s CH-47 Chinook, for instance, spin in opposite directions to cancel out each other’s turbulence. The experimental Eurocopter X3, which has a conventional rotor plus twin propelling rotors on fixed wings, reached 486km/h in June.

Tiltrotors like the Blue Whale have rotor pods – called nacelles – mounted on fixed wings. The rotors provide lift in the horizontal position and forward thrust in the vertical position once the craft is airborne.

The government has provided a huge amount of support for the country’s high-speed helicopter projects, which is closely tied to the People’s LiberationArmy’s efforts to build a more modern, mobile military.

In a visit to the institute this month, Lin Zuoming, head of Aviation Industry Corporation of China, the institute’s parent body and the nation’s biggest state-owned aerospace manufacturer, told researchers that “all eyes are on the helicopter industry” which offers “unprecedented opportunities”.

“Enemies are at the gate,” he was quoted on the institute’s website as saying. “Factories and research institutes must … rely on the government’s support to catch up and overtake the world’s best.”

But some doubt whether the institute will be able to produce a functioning prototype of the Blue Whale within its five-year window. The four-rotor design creates its own unique problems, chief among them how to compensate for the turbulence placed on the rear rotors by the front rotors during flight.

“When the Blue Whale is rolled out depends on when these problems are solved,” said Professor Chen Ming , an expert on helicopter design atBeihang University in Beijing. “To me the future is very uncertain.” Chen and several other mainland helicopter experts declined to comment on the project as it involved classified military technology.

Some in the industry also doubt whether China even needs to develop high-speed helicopters while it is still struggling to catch up with developed nations in conventional helicopters.

The weakness of domestic helicopters was exposed during rescue efforts after the Sichuan earthquake in 2008. The PLA sent its most advanced helicopters to the area, but television footage showed that the bulk of the rescue work was carried out by Black Hawk helicoptersimported from the US in the 1980s.

Less advanced domestic helicopters proved incapable of operating at high altitude.

The Blue Whale could play vital role in such situations, although the institute said it is being developed mainly for military applications so ‘theChinese army and navy can achieve ‘all-terrain reach’.”

China to build helicopter that can exceed 700km/h | idrw.org

Wat ever China trying to beat the best RESPECT

lOOT INDIA MOVEMENT PROGRAM IS STILL RUNNING WELL UNDER CHUTIYAPA GANDHIS !!!

If your modi comes to power ask him to make one which travels at a 1000 kms an hour. mind you let him make it not hal whose duty it is. :)

why we dont have technology when china has ?

India need better than what we have now.

Keeping up with the Jonses will cause financial ruin.

We have enough of the needed technology. We are lacking in some areas and efforts are on to get on par.

Regarding "India need better than what we have now", buddy unless folks like you work hard and innovate its not going to happen. Please put in 4 hours daily on any research apart from your work hours and then we can have better. Till then let us not get worked up at the other Indians not working hard.

The only person who needs an education is you, and I am happy to give it:

The govt has three branches, the executive (bureaucracy), legislature (politicians) and judiciary (law courts).

Of these, the legislature is the elected branch of the govt, and most often the target of uninformed people's misplaced ire (as in this case). Since you are castigating the congress, I suppose your beef is with the legislators. So let me break this to you.

The function of the legislative branch of the govt is LAWMAKING - not helicopter making, whether tilt rotored ones or conventional ones. Congress politicians, or BJP politicians, or BSP ones, have just one duty - making laws and representing their constituents in the parliament.

Helicopter making is the job of engineers. Ideally, ones employed by private sector. Unfortunately in India only HAL has the competence to undertake such ventures, and HAL is a govt run organization. But that does not mean that it is run by politicians, or has anything to do with the legislative branch. It just means that they do business with govt money, with all the resulting inefficiency and incompetence. Congress or BJP or some other party will not make any difference. If the BJP was in power instead of the congress, do you think that India's airspace would be magically buzzing with tilt rotor aircrafts?

I request this to everybody when discussing politics - and there is bound to be lots of that, given the upcoming elections - that you should understand what is the job of politicians, which branch of govt is responsible for what and so on. If a different party is in power, they may pass laws according to their ideology, and the judiciary will implement those laws. That is how the elected branch functions, by making laws according to their ideology. Not by doing the work of engineers and scientists and armymen. So when you vote for a party, vote for one that matches your ideological convictions - not on the basis of who will produce futuristic military equipments. (Hint: Nobody will, that's not what we elect politicians for.)
@janon

Flawed and misplaced.

All three wings of government are tightly coupled and closely knitted. One wing can make huge impression on others.

Out of these three, legislature is most important since they can come up with laws which can define the competency of other two in due time.

For e.g a good legislation in education would have provided great scientists to HAL or a good legislation to enable public entities like HAL and DRDO invest more money into R&D along with private sector could have done wonders.

Legislation doesn't stops at passing ordinances and laws. You need to be accountable for their outcomes as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Osprey does 510 km/hr at max. Including FSD, EMD and Operational Evaluation (OPEVAL), V-22 aircraft have flown approximately 7,000 hours, participated in extensive ground-based and shipboard tests, achieved speeds of 342 knots (402 mph; 647 km/hr), altitude of 25,000 ft., gross weight of 60,500 lbs. and a G maneuver load factor of +3.9 at 260 knots. External loads of 10,000 lbs. have been carried 50 nm at 230 knots.

Chinese are late to the party! USA has done it 10 yrs ago.

WHY NOT ? Why dont we built our own wweapons ASAP ? For you kind information we dont build any major weapon flatform but we BUY EVERYTHING . U need read about the fact that India is the largest importer of defence eqipment in the world . It means e have lots of money to but we dont have technology to buy them . AM I RITE ?

Our need is not massive ? In what world are u living in ?

Thats what i am talking about . Now we are looking at China like America .But matter of the fact is we both had a same economy in the past ! ITS DUE LEADERSHIP FAILURE !

Oh really ? So Why india cant build what smaller nation can ? Like Isreal or UK . Comparing Size of nation is pathetic and epic FAIL ! ! !

Dude what are u talking about ? Am talking about defence sector in which Defence sector India is superior to China ? What stops india from stealing technologies ? When even this MMS said to Buy , Steal or Make ... ? For ur kind information we are far behind China but am sure we would had done better than what we do now .
Its not problem with Indians Race But NONSENSE CORRUPT BCsss

Doest it even matter to u that i woke up late ? I raised a valid point here . China will soon be a New Soviet Power if they advance in this pace itself ! Yes am concerned Because they are not India to SPREAD AMAN KI ASHA ... but Kill U and Me and Take our my land ! SO I BLAME THIS CORRUPT KONGRESSI ANTI INDIAN LOOTER for this ... YES I SAY IT LOUDLY BECAUSE THEY RULED INDIA FOR ALMOST 62 Years ... WHAT THIS NATION DONT HAVE ? WE HAVE EVERY THING FROM MONEY , POWER , BRAIN , GREAT CULTURED CIVILIZATION ! If am a stupid to think so ! SO BE IT . I WILL BE STUPID AND BEING A INTELECTUAL IDIOT ...

If you think that every thing is fine with India i have no problem . And am not antiu Congress either . BUT AM AN INDIAN !

STOP SUPPORTING AND VOTING CONGRESS JUST BECAUSE OF SURE NAME ! lik FOOLS

dude..taking to you is like talking to an angry kid of age 7...

first,India too produce major platforms,i.e. all the major missiles and our own ABM as well as our standard Rifle as well as Helos are produced by India..

2nd..our need isn't as massive as China's..do you see IAF consists of around 2000 aircrafts??or do you see that we have a massive navy like China,or as massive army as PLA??

you don't have to give the info that India is largest importer of Arms,but do you even know,only a decade before it was China??and do you know why India is largest importer right now??cause it delayed its modernizing plan and right now,a lot of projects are going to be executed at one go..

plus,you're implying that India should made everything that it needs..dude,even USA don't make everything..what are you suggesting,for few off road vehicles,we've to make a R&D team,which will make a vehicle(also,have to set up production base for that) thats going to be produce only 50(as an example)???nope,its far cheaper if we buy the best product from market..Arms procurement don't walk your way..even USA is buying super tunaco..is that mean USA can't produce a platform like that??its far cheaper if they buy it..

China didn't make their base in one day..India's "Make and Buy" policy will give its fruit if pursued properly..

but one question,what its have to do with Congress??they didn't sabotage the Tejas project,right???its that without international help,kick start in an advanced arms sector is tough..thats why you're seeing so many JVs..and if you have so many itch to change it all,why don't you become a policymaker and change it all??I'll give vote to your party..or make an arms Industry that'll make superior weapons than Boeing and Lockheed..don't whine in an international forum like that..you can do your "Rona Dhona" in various talk shows.. :disagree:

or else,make a sticky thread to abuse Congress..but what a Quad Tilt Rotor of china has to do with Congress,is beyond my dream..

Indians are utterly humiliated by China's Blue Whale and deluding themselves silly.

Indians are utterly humiliated by China's Blue Whale and deluding themselves silly.

Our experience with chinese goods is Yuk. hope U understand.
@BLING

Buddy understand your point. I think we must be concern with the any militery development in neighbout especially when we have bad relations. Even USA like countries continuosly keep watch on others, to prove his police giri on others. though before feeling bad we must have to understand the possibility of the succeed.

Moreover in 1962 we have only .303 rifles. and we have no weapons. right now we have some marvel weapons. Don't need to worry now Modi is coming and Congress is going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom