What's new

China to build mega oil pipeline from Gwadar to Kashgar

As we know the Global Oil transit, transport cost is estimated to be around 8 dollar /barrel in the existing route

lets say china by building this pipeline saves 50 % I would doubt that

That brings it to 4 dollars if a one dollar/ barrel is spent on pipeline maintenance so the nett saving comes around 3 dollar per barrel, china would looking at-least 30% percent saving in costs for having invested in huge infrastructure .....

So what remains is .6 dollar /barrel, really what will Pakistan get other than may be employment opportunities and of course some free infrastructure this would be the case for all the chinese trade that happens through pakistan other than some employment it does not mean anything more

In your excitement, you failed to understand the impact of a single $ over the period of 1 month. And that too considering that your estimation of USD 8/Barrel is accurate for shipment through existing route.

This is what I was waiting to hear, this brings the Saudis and other GCC states into CPEC, now if we can bring the Iranians to see the light as well and get them to integrate into CPEC then the Iran-Pak-China pipeline can also see fruition.

Indeed a good news , I am very happy , :pakistan::pakistan::china::china::smitten:

Should also build a few refineries if there is no shortage in electricity supply.

If there is, also build a few power plants, conventional or nuclear.

Raw oil could be transported via pipeline while oil products can be shipped by railroads.

Sir , I read a news few days back and also a thread here in PDF that PSO( state owned oil company ) building largest oil refinery of Pakistan with cost of billions of $$$$$ .

China signs a deal with Iran for oil imports via Pakistan and India is neutralized. @Hyperion @Icarus @Oscar @Irfan Baloch

Sir this might be true with oil coming from other gulf countries , if you connect the dots the oil refinery news and this pipe line news , and also don't forget the Gwadar Mega Oil City Project , Fasil Raza Abidi always talk about this.

and Indian like it or not this will be also a rote for them to have cheap oil and gas from Iran ( I guess they back out Iran , Pakistan and India Gas Pipeline Project ) .
Thank you all

For Islamabad, the major threat now is possible hostile US action to destabilise Pakistan and disrupt CPEC. Wisely, China has invited US participation in CPEC.

That is self-contradictory. Why would wise China invite a party like USA to participate in CPEC if it wants to destabilize Pakistan and disrupt CPEC thereby placing its huge investments in jeopardy?

In your excitement, you failed to understand the impact of a single $ over the period of 1 month. And that too considering that your estimation of USD 8/Barrel is accurate for shipment through existing route.

Can you do the maths and post as its very simple or is it too obvious

Transit revenue generated could be used to fund other infrastructure projects besides maintaining existing infrastructure.
So the financial benefit is the transit revenue.

Yes Thats true and as you said totally dependent on the Political Class Honesty

totally dependent on the Political Class Honesty
You should not be worried about that. I have answered you question about the financial benefits of this project to Pakistan.
Whether the money trickles down to and benefits the average Pakistanis or not, should not concern you.

As we know the Global Oil transit, transport cost is estimated to be around 8 dollar /barrel in the existing route

lets say china by building this pipeline saves 50 % I would doubt that

That brings it to 4 dollars if a one dollar/ barrel is spent on pipeline maintenance so the nett saving comes around 3 dollar per barrel, china would looking at-least 30% percent saving in costs for having invested in huge infrastructure .....

So what remains is .6 dollar /barrel, really what will Pakistan get other than may be employment opportunities and of course some free infrastructure this would be the case for all the chinese trade that happens through pakistan other than some employment it does not mean anything more
You know you look like a fool trying make a positive news into negative by your useless comments. Keep them coming though, they are funny. :)

Basically, what people need to understand is that CPEC is merely the tip of the iceberg. With China set to become the next super power and with access to central Asia and Europe via rail, Gawadar, in 20 years, could potentially be what Singapore and Dubai are today.

China signs a deal with Iran for oil imports via Pakistan and India is neutralized.

So should we expect IP gas pipe line to get a boost or have to wait for it to become IPC gas pipeline for it to be materialized in Pakistan too?

WHat type of transit fees we are looking at by this ?

That is self-contradictory. Why would wise China invite a party like USA to participate in CPEC if it wants to destabilize Pakistan and disrupt CPEC thereby placing its huge investments in jeopardy?
To alleviate their concern, keeping them engaged, perhaps trying to merge any mutual benefit that may arise

Wao. . Now CPEC would be backed and in the best interest of Iran. "Check Mate" Ind.

Back
Top Bottom