China to Build Two Missile Corvettes for Bangladesh

Zabaniyah

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
October 7, 2012 at 10:13
Houjian_class.jpg

The Government of Bangladesh has signed a contract with the Chinese Wuchan Shipyard, for the construction and delivery of two 64 meter corvettes, similar to, but slightly larger than the Azmat class fast missile boats supplied earlier this year to Pakistan. The first vessel will be completed in 2013. Each of the boats will have a displacement of 648 tons and a top speed of 28 knots. Based on the Houjian-class (Type 037/2) missile craft in service with the People’s Liberation Army Navy, the vessel is designed to carry eight C-802A anti-ship missiles, two 25 mm guns and two 12.7 mm machine guns

Source: China to Build Two Missile Corvettes for Bangladesh | Defense Update Portal

whats the point of having all these ships if they are not going to be used in combat against those who are against the national interest :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

be that india burma pak usa marshans fishes etc whoever

building a corvette is not like cooking a pot of curry! your enemy wont advertise on your tv tomorrow that they are going to attack you next year either!

building a corvette is not like cooking a pot of curry! your enemy wont advertise on your tv tomorrow that they are going to attack you next year either!

i am utterly confused by what you said :what:

say thanks to the dudes at beijing for me :china:

so umm how does these corvets help us defend the bay ? like what is BN's stratgey and requierments , its based on what ? i guess i am heading towards BN defensive strategy against any agression towaards BD's interest in the Bay .

i hope i managed to put my question right:what:

i am utterly confused by what you said :what:

I did not intend to be philosophical buddy!

say thanks to the dudes at beijing for me :china:

they'll know this no worries!

so umm how does these corvets help us defend the bay ? like what is BN's stratgey and requierments , its based on what ? i guess i am heading towards BN defensive strategy against any agression towaards BD's interest in the Bay .
i hope i managed to put my question right:what:

rainy days preparation! also the training gained through the acquisitions for your BD Navy!

ps you may have to request a BD flag in the smiley box!

Isnt this the LPC?? They are calling it a corvette now?

Anyway if its the LPC, this information in the quotation is wrong

the vessel is designed to carry eight C-802A anti-ship missiles

The LPC carries 4 C702 anti ship missiles

Isnt this the LPC?? They are calling it a corvette now?

Anyway if its the LPC, this information in the quotation is wrong

The LPC carries 4 C702 anti ship missiles

What is an LPC? A Long-range Patrol Craft? Please clarify.

The news is confusing and wro. they are referring slightly larger Azmat which is a Fast attack craft for Pakistan navy as a corvette for bangladesh . actually LPC (large petrol craft ) is quoted as a corvette here .

Back
Top Bottom