What's new

China will maintain a military spending growth about 10-15%

- To aim the future military expenditure at 3% of the total GDP.

- The prototype of the WS-15 engine to be accomplished by 2014.
- The maiden flight of the WS-10G engine (I guess it is for J-20A) by 2015.
- The maiden flight of the CJ-1000A engine (for C919) by 2016.
- The core of the next generation turbofan with the TWR of 15:1 to be accomplished by 2016.

全国“两会”召开在即 国安委有望正式设立|两会|国防预算_凤凰资讯

It's not official, but looks to be along the lines of something like this.

Engines are placed a high priority this time, I guess the top brass are finally pissed that in this historic time when China is trying to break out of Asia, engines are still pulling the leg of the country.

I'm guessing a mass increase in production for 4+ fighters like J-10B and J-11B are going to be on the cards, what with the expanding air force and replacing of J-7s and other obsolete crap on the skies.

But I see a huge emphasis on fifth generation, don't know if that just means fifth gen engines are hard to develop and need more resources or slowing fourth gen production it's fifth gen's world.

Inflation Rate in China averaged 5.78 Percent from 1986 until 2014

Why are the Chinese here acting like bulls in a China shop? I said the average rate of inflation is 5.78 from 1986 to 2014. So why are they getting pissed off? Denying the indefensible? Here...Read the first line.

China Inflation Rate | Actual Value | Historical Data | Forecast

And why bring in India every time when this thread is about China? Orgiastic pleasure?

You didn't say 1986 to 2014 in your original post. Now that you got slapped, you change your argument.

Nothing alarming considering that the inflation rate in China is almost 6%. So that's actually a 4% increase.

Why are the Chinese here acting like bulls in a China shop? I said the average rate of inflation is 5.78 from 1986 to 2014. So why are they getting pissed off? Denying the indefensible? Here...Read the first line.

And why bring in India every time when this thread is about China? Orgiastic pleasure?

Erm, why would you use the average rate over three decade as CPI indicator? The structure of Chinese economic is way different back then. A much more accurate measurement would be recent CPI.
Inflation in China - current and historic Chinese consumer price index (CPI)

You didn't say 1986 to 2014 in your original post. Now that you got slapped, you change your argument.
Erm, why would you use the average rate over three decade as CPI indicator? The structure of Chinese economic is way different back then. A much more accurate measurement would be recent CPI.
Inflation in China - current and historic Chinese consumer price index (CPI)
OK, so I did screw up there. :undecided: Should have quoted 2013-14 figures. My bad!

Most money will into PLAN's new DDGs and 2x aircraft carriers building, another is mass production of PLAAF's next-gen fighter.

Anyway before 2020 China Military Power will get huge improvement. For a superpower, the economy & military all r important !

3tb_140204224727wy6k512293.jpg

Last edited:
It's not official, but looks to be along the lines of something like this.

Engines are placed a high priority this time, I guess the top brass are finally pissed that in this historic time when China is trying to break out of Asia, engines are still pulling the leg of the country.

I'm guessing a mass increase in production for 4+ fighters like J-10B and J-11B are going to be on the cards, what with the expanding air force and replacing of J-7s and other obsolete crap on the skies.

But I see a huge emphasis on fifth generation, don't know if that just means fifth gen engines are hard to develop and need more resources or slowing fourth gen production it's fifth gen's world.

The generation after WS-15 will be the last generation for the turbofan engine.

The scramjet/ramjet engine will be the future, while China has never given up to upgrade its turbojet technology.

With the decades of turbojet experience, we will be well ahead in the scramjet/ramjet engine in the future.

The success of our HGV has just proved this point.

1300px-Turbo_ram_scramjet_comparative_diagram.svg.png

The most important thing is not the size of the budget is, but how it will be apportioned. The priority should be jet engines, and other critical R&D.

Actually Chinese military spending, at 200 billion dollars now at PPP, is so large that China can can lavish funds on many different sectors of military R&D.

Gone are the days when China has to choose on a few critical areas that it needs to focus on.

The generation after WS-15 will be the last generation for the turbofan engine.

The scramjet/ramjet engine will be the future, while China has never given up to upgrade its turbojet technology.

With the decades of turbojet experience, we will be well ahead in the scramjet/ramjet engine in the future.

The success of our HGV has just proved this point.

1300px-Turbo_ram_scramjet_comparative_diagram.svg.png

So no more annoying Turbine blades to design?

[qushouldbd neseTiger1986, post: 5269658, member: 23439"]We will not hike our GDP to 3% in just one year, it is a near future goal.

I think by 2020 with a 20 trillion GDP, we will have 600 billion as the military budget.[/quote]
It should be1trillion

Actually Chinese military spending, at 200 billion dollars now at PPP, is so large that China can can lavish funds on many different sectors of military R&D.

Gone are the days when China has to choose on a few critical areas that it needs to focus on.

I disagree. Bigger budget is essential

So no more annoying Turbine blades to design?

The 6th generation jet engine will be the last generation for the turbofan engine.

The turbofan engine of that generation will have a TWR about 15:1 to 20:1, which is its theoretical limit.

The 7th generation jet engine will be the scramjet engine for the space aircraft.

Last edited:
What an Indian. :lol:

BBC News - China's consumer inflation holds steady at 2.5%

It is your own consumer inflation which is currently at double-digits. Don't project your own failures onto others.
Indian is just indian, nothing surprise me.

It is better to calculate from 0000 year to 2014, why 1986?

The title suggest China will maintain a 10 - 15% growth, which focuses on the future. You dragged irrelevant historical data, overlooking the fact China hasn't seen inflation of 5.75% for 9 of the last 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom