What's new

China's 1st Mars exploration rover to launch next year

Good for both China and Russia. They should deepen their cooperation in the space arena to give the US a scare. If China and Russia combine their money, expertise, experience and R&D, then both of them can have space programme that surpasses USA's in 20 years time.

Don't be too Jigno.

Russia has never ventured out of the Orbit's of Venus and Mars:lol:

The United states has visited every Planet and even 2 Probes are out of the solar system.

One thing I never understood.

The Chinese Scientists said that China will Develop the Technology to independently Launch Probes to Other Planets only by 2030.:what:

Whereas even India has said that GSLV can put 500 kg to Mars and GSLV MK-III would be able to put 2 tons on Mars.

China has some Good Rockets which can carry atleast 3 Tons to Mars. Then Why 2030?

Or they do not have Technology to Propel the Probe to Mars and put it in orbit?

Maybe China doesn't have Ion thrusters.

Its a Chinese probe on a Russian rocket.

let's always keep it in mind: Russia and Russians should never be trusted, they are one of biggest enemies (another one is India) of China.

You obviously have NO understanding whatsoever of modern politics.

Every since 1980, our friend India has been forging close relations with us. We even established a strategic partnership in 2005 (which is second closest form of relationship after the alliance).

India is a very close trading partner.
We also have further-developing cooperation and joint projects with this new friend.

The same can be said of Russia.

Every since 1980, our friend India has been forging close relations with us. We even established a strategic partnership in 2005 (which is second closest form of relationship after the alliance).

We also have further-developing cooperation and joint projects with this new friend.

If you are speaking as Chinese your government's actions (ie what the new chinese google earth mapping service shows) are not the actions of a country wanting to develop closer political relations. If it really is a goal they are doing an excellent job of making sure it doesn't happen anytime soon.

Russia also seems to have been making some moves towards reconciliation with NATO in certain areas.

I'm finding myself agreeing with Sinosoldier lol.

There are two paths that China could take right now. One is to confront every neighbor for whatever wrongs they've done in the past and get encircled, essentially following in the footsteps of the USSR. Another would be ending the contention and instead forging pacts of friendship. I wonder which of the above policies better serve China's interests.

If you are speaking as Chinese your government's actions (ie what the new chinese google earth mapping service shows) are not the actions of a country wanting to develop closer political relations. If it really is a goal they are doing an excellent job of making sure it doesn't happen anytime soon.

Russia also seems to have been making some moves towards reconciliation with NATO in certain areas.

Easy for the U.S. to say since all land disputes between the U.S. and her neighbors have been resolved in the past 100 years.

I'm finding myself agreeing with Sinosoldier lol.

There are two paths that China could take right now. One is to confront every neighbor for whatever wrongs they've done in the past and get encircled, essentially following in the footsteps of the USSR. Another would be ending the contention and instead forging pacts of friendship. I wonder which of the above policies better serve China's interests.

Don't overinvest in developing relationships with those who are near but because of recent history are allied to the US. Or presume that with a Chinese ethnic majority, the elites will side with China, eg Singapore. As with Vietnam, remember the boat people were mostly ethnic Chinese.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoa

Don't overinvest in the relationships with these areas. The "yield" from the relationships with them will have a ceiling. China should maximise yield.

In the past the "Silk road" was a land road.
Now with air transport, the new Silk roads/routes should, will extend to any part of the world that welcomes us.

Look at Peru, they had a ethnic Japanese for PM. In Brazil, Lula slimed the Taro Aso, partly I suspect in solidarity with the Japanese Brazilians and the way they were treated by Japan. No colour bar there even among those with "white" blood.

Its a Chinese probe on a Russian rocket.

Hmm Yeah. That's What I am asking. Chinese Rockets does have the Capability to reach Mars then why Russain Rockets?

Long March 4C

First stage
Engines 4
Thrust 2,961.6 kN
Specific impulse 2550 m/s
Burn time

Second stage
Engines 1
Thrust 788.13 kN
Specific impulse 2942 m/s
Burn time
Fuel {{{stage2fuel}}}

Third stage
Engines 2
Thrust 100.848 kN
Specific impulse 2971 m/s

Comparable to Titan IIIC which put Vikings on Mars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_IIIC

Capacity
Payload to LEO 13,100kg (28,900 lb)
Payload to
GTO 3,000 kg (6,600 lb)
Payload to
Mars 1,200 kg
(2,650 lb)

Boosters (Stage 0) - UA1205
№ boosters 2
Engines 1 solid
Thrust 5,849 kN (1,315,000 lbf)
Specific impulse 263 secs
Burn time 115 seconds
Fuel Solid
First stage
Engines 2 x LR87-11
Thrust 2,339 kN (526,000 lbf)
Burn time 147 seconds
Fuel Aerozine-50/N2O4
Second stage
Engines 2 x LR91-11
Thrust 453 kN (102,000 lbf)
Burn time 205 seconds
Fuel Aerozine-50/N2O4
Third stage - Transtage
Engines 2 x AJ-10-138
Thrust 71.2 kN (16,000 lbf)
Burn time 440 seconds
Fuel Aerozine 50/N2O4

Adding Boosters would do the Work. The Thrust can be met.

Cheers

I'm guessing Russia have past experience with interplanetry mission and sending probes together saves money.

Last edited:
If you are speaking as Chinese your government's actions (ie what the new chinese google earth mapping service shows) are not the actions of a country wanting to develop closer political relations.

Actions like what? Developing a strategic partnership? Undertaking frequent joint military exercises? Forging closer trade relations by the year? Setting up a joint economic development forum?

Both countries agreed to peacefully resolve the border disputes, and ever since, substantial progress in negotiations have been made.

---

What has the US done to promote peaceful relations? Doing military exercises within 500 km of Beijing? Going on frequent spy missions over/around China? Sending aircraft carriers to the South China Sea? Selling weapons to Taiwan? Openly talking about the "China threat"? Setting up military bases around China? And don't get me started on what the US have done to other "unfriendly" nations.

How did the US solve border disputes? Hmm, let's see:
- Spanish-American war: which gave the US control of Texas and some other Southern states
- Aroostook War: US went to war with Britain to take control of British Columbia
- Pig War: US went to war with Britain over Vancouver Island
- Sending fighter jets to the Arctic (even when the "opponent" is your closest ally, Canada)

Back
Top Bottom