What's new

China's arming Pakistan makes it second class enemy

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
Ratan Tata
New Delhi: China's assisting and arming Pakistan has made "it a second class enemy", but its economic strength overpowering India is not a real concern, according to Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata.:azn::azn::wave:

"China has of course been assisting and arming Pakistan, which is like a red flag to India and that already makes it a second class enemy," Tata said in an interview telecast on a television channel.

Describing India-China relationship as "not adversarial, but it is not the best", Tata, however, added, "you know China has never done anything adversarial to India, and India, I think, has been more concerned about China's economic strength overpowering India, which we really don't see."

When asked if he is worried about China, he said: "No, I am not worried. I wish we could find a way to be allies with China."

Exuding confidence about India, Tata said: "I really do believe, deep down inside, that...the Indian tiger has not been unleashed."

He, however, said: "I would prefer to use China as a very strong ally, to forge a relationship with China which would be a sustaining one and I think it could be done.":tup:

Explaining the complex nature of relationship between the two countries, he said: "I think there is a concern on part of India that China is trying to dominate the region (Asia) and there is an equal concern on the part of China that India is trying to dominate the region."

China's arming Pakistan makes it second class enemy: Ratan Tata - The Economic Times

I am sure Rattan Tat's words will make Lot of Pakistani PDF Member's Fuming..:flame:

China has armed pak so majority of our forces are bogged down on western border

when your adversary is bogged down in its backyard it is less likely that it will be an obstacle in your way

China had successfully delayed our rise till early 1990s

i think WOT has been a bigger setback to china than pak

because since 2004 terrorist attacks are happening in pak and it is bogged down in its internal mess

this has given 10 years to India to rise without much obstacles (2004-2014> NATO pullout date)

if you ask me, China's massive size and concentration of its assets in its eastern region have benefited India more than any thing

So basically

from India's point of view

China - enemy
Pakistan - enemy
Bangladesh - enemy
Nepal - communist outpost now so enemy
Sri Lanka - accepts Chinese investment so enemy.
Maldives - Islamic "hothouse" so enemy.

Have I got that right?

Asia brothers should combine together
why does India treat China as enemy ?
we have the same pain of been colonized
we all got well along with each other till westerner invaded our homeland
the West will be happy when they see Asia brothers fight each other

be clear to this
war at 1962 was a conspiracy made by UK
they were not willing to leave a powerful and independence India behind

So basically

China - enemy
Pakistan - enemy
Bangladesh - enemy

Have I got that right?

Well, you're 32% right. Other than China and Pak, our strategic thinkers are way to busy to think about other irrelevant countries.

China has armed pak so majority of our forces are bogged down on western border

when your adversary is bogged down in its backyard it is less likely that it will be an obstacle in your way

China had successfully delayed our rise till early 1990s

i think WOT has been a bigger setback to china than pak

because since 2004 terrorist attacks are happening in pak and it is bogged down in its internal mess

this has given 10 years to India to rise without much obstacles (2004-2014> NATO pullout date)

Nice Observation. WoT has affected Pakistan in many fold. Since that is not the subject of the thread I will not comment more... If your observation is right, Then I will prat they WoT to for next two decades..

@ Ratan Tata comments: Its his personal view, one may Disagree. All chinese products are not cheap. They have mastered teh copying technology. There Birds are good enough. I think we must take Pak-China Alliance seriously...

So basically

China - enemy
Pakistan - enemy
Bangladesh - enemy

Have I got that right?

China - Provides shelter to north east millitants and have disputes wid us.
Pakistan - No need to say,a nation responsible for bringing trouble in region.
Bangladesh - provided shelter to north east separatist earlier,now ok..
Nepal - no probs
Sri Lanka - ur head is trying to play cleverly by blackmailing india on the point of bringing china ;).
Maldives - not an enemy

Asia brothers should combine together
why does India treat China as enemy ?
we have the same pain of been colonized
we all got well along with each other till westerner invaded our homeland
the West will be happy when they see Asia brothers fight each other

be clear to this
war at 1962 was a conspiracy made by UK
they were not willing to leave a powerful and independence India behind

More than British , i'd say its both India and China fault or case.

Large nation like India and China have thrown their weight around and both are suspicious about each other's presence in the each's region perceived as backyards.

China - enemy - 70% competitor - 30% enemy
Pakistan - enemy - Very True
Bangladesh - enemy - Only according to Bangladeshis. Their govt and GOI have an exactly opposite view than what you stated
Nepal - communist outpost now so enemy. Will never be
Sri Lanka - accepts Chinese investment so enemy. Not now at least. Nobody can guess the future
Maldives - Islamic "hothouse" so enemy. Lol...Probably after Bhutan & Bangladesh, it comes third in the list of being influenced by India the most in South Asia

"China has of course been assisting and arming Pakistan, which is like a red flag to India and that already makes it a second class enemy," Tata said in an interview telecast on a television channel.

When asked if he is worried about China, he said: "No, I am not worried. I wish we could find a way to be allies with China."

He, however, said: "I would prefer to use China as a very strong ally, to forge a relationship with China which would be a sustaining one and I think it could be done.":tup:

WTF?

First this guy says that we are an "enemy" of India... then in the next two paragraphs he says he wants to be allies with us??

Is this some sort of weird joke?

Back
Top Bottom